TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Dont be Hating but.....

TheevilAD

[1]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 1

I have been looking forward to this for a great many years.........since V but this is the most illogicall show i have ever seen. Some minor points

The resistance is doomed....but the aliens aren't that bright either...

1> All resistance members are readilly identified by a v (sic) shaped scar below there ear....Branding the members of a secrect orginisation is never a good idea! should just tattoo KILL ME on there forheads.

2. The V can test for 5th Collum members (and are willing to take innocent casualties to do so) don't see them lasting long.

3. They have had three separate occasions were there is a big pile of alien evidence on someones floor, That is a dead visitor who didn't immolate, that could be skinned and put on national television.....

4. the Resistance seem to believe that the 20 odd V ships and (million or so?) Visitors don't talk to each other....as they can stop one V and that solves the problem of hunting down a cell member (see we cant win) because the V would never report to a superior or anything that "hay i found a hard drive with a bunch of names of idiots with V scars on the ears who want to destroy us all, off course i wont share this information i will just hunt them myself until i get killed and then we can go back to square one.

5. Blue energy.....please if you take away the blue energy we will go back to fossil fuels you dolt....

I want to like this show but they are really making it hard.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Razor1978_2

[2]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 9

A visitor never found the hard drive. It was a human who was killing the Fifth Column members.

aidorrocks

[3]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 10
    1. you assume the Vs know about the v scar thing.

2. i would think that there are members of the 5th column who could resist the testing. or maybe the fact that joshua, who is in the 5th column & performing the test can protect people that he knows to be on his side. he said that he was finishing the tests & was down to lisa and we know there are still 5th column members alive after he tests her.

3. you say they could have skinned a dead V & put him on national tv. ryan has already stated that if the Vs are found out to be lying to the humans it would change to all out war & they would destroy everyone no problem.

4. explained by the previous post.

5. apart from a stupid name, what's your problem? that if they take it away we can just go back to fossil fuels? i don't think it's that simple. like anna said, wait till they're dependant on it. maybe the Vs will give us some cool tech like anti gravity, instellar spaceship plans or something that fossil fuels will not be able to fuel, unlike the blue energy. its like saying "ah sure if we run out of fuel for our cars we'll just go back to horse drawn carriages"

the 1 thing i will agree on with all the haters of this show is that some characters/governments reactions may not be realistic compared to how you think they would/should react.

but then, how can you talk about "realistic" when you're talking about a show with lizard aliens wrapped in human skin trying to conquer us in some unknown way?

i must also point out, i don't think this show is fantastic, but it's not bad & definitely worth continuing to the end of the season at the very least.

McTrooperNow

[4]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 6

I have to agree. I want to like this series, but it's really hard. It is entertaining enough to keep watching so far, but the pace is so slow and the writing / plot is so bad. At least the dialogue is coherent. It's like a mildly entertaining drama / soap opera.

It's hard to compare a fast paced mini-series to a full length series, but it's impossible not to. This should have been a fast paced tightly scripted 13 episode series. The original mini-series was action adventure with thinly veiled allegory that made people feel smart because they could figure it out. This new series is more drama than action adventure. If the new series uses allegory it is muddled and unclear. In fact I think the new series likes to be more topical rather than using allegory. That seems to be there way of up dating the series.

Spendant

[5]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 1

I know what you mean and I somewhat agree with you. However, I feel I should stick with a show that has great potential, at least for 1 or 2 seasons. I think they just need a chance.

One of the points in the show that really ticks me off is Tyler. This kid is such a brat, they have him repeat the same dialogue every episode, "How can I trust you!" and "You guys separated because of me!". Hey, I have a great idea! Why doesn't he run off with a V he barely knows, skip school, have sex with the V, and never come home(unless he feels like whining)! Oh, wait! He already does all that stuff!

Canada_Michael

[6]May 1, 2010

I have less of a problem with Tyler then I do with the V that got his girlfriend pregnant. How could he honestly think things would end differently once she found out, & on top of that he took away her choice to get rid of it because she's too far along.

I assume the V's mask themselves as humans because they believe their true appearance would frighten or repulse us. If that is the case we must cause the same reaction in them when they look at us, so what's with all this falling in love business on the part of the V's? We're talking about a species of lizards who lay eggs & whose native social interactions must be totally different then ours.

icewindbfly

[7]May 1, 2010
    • level: 2

I completely agree with you aidorrocks

I dont understand why people are so cruel to this show. it is better than many shows and should countinue for many seasons

Edited on 05/01/2010 4:05pm

aidorrocks

[8]May 1, 2010
    Canada_Michael wrote:

I have less of a problem with Tyler then I do with the V that got his girlfriend pregnant. How could he honestly think things would end differently once she found out, & on top of that he took away her choice to get rid of it because she's too far along.

I assume the V's mask themselves as humans because they believe their true appearance would frighten or repulse us. If that is the case we must cause the same reaction in them when they look at us, so what's with all this falling in love business on the part of the V's? We're talking about a species of lizards who lay eggs & whose native social interactions must be totally different then ours.

he didn't get her pregnant on purpose, he thought that because he was an alien they couldn't create an offspring between them. obviously he didn't say anything right away because he didn't know how to tell her. he may have even thought that because of the fact that they're different species the baby would not survive the pregnancy.

also he was originally an undercover agent (for want of a better term) but as he spend time with humans, he starting feeling human emotions & siding with them.