V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

episode 210 - Mother's Day (finale)

Did the finale leave you hoping for a season three?

damnfo0l

[21]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 2
    I liked the season finale I thought the death of Ryan was the correct thing to do (his storyline really didn't have anywhere left to go) since we got the V doctor back. I thought Diana would stick around longer but maybe she didn't want to do anymore considering her character in the original was so evil & manipulative & this one was like Diana-Lite. One question I do have (its probably already been asked) is that if the V's are so great at DNA extraction etc why was it so important for Lisa to actually lay down & get jiggy with Tyler. I mean have the V's not heard of artificial insemination? All they'd have to do is have Lisa not be around Tyler for a few days and they'd have a neat stack of Tylers "contribution" to the furtherance of their species in the bin in the corner of his room. Then they can kick the whiney beatch off the ship!!

Anyway I'm hoping for a 3rd series as I kinda liked this show, I loved the original and shows need to be given time to get decent. Anyone remember the first 3 seasons of The Next Generation? That surely would have been cancelled these days.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stratakat

[22]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 1

Not only was it good enough, it left the writers WIDE open to take this in any direction they want. Acting is kind of an issue, but Other than Chad and Tyler, everyone of the humans did a VERY good, job, the V's well, they seemed to try to keep the V's from any emotion, which,is kind-of fit... for now!

Also: If anyone has KIDS, they know Kids are WAY more intuitive an in touch with reality, and able to see the truth, than most parents want to believe. Tyler being soNaiveand in the Dark, was about the most unbelievable part of the show, but it was only a small piece'; easy to over look!!! And the other Message about him having access to the ship etc. was a HUGE underwrite by the writers. hope that get's handled too.

Agree, Jane was a HUGE plus, and I/We can only pray some how theyres-erecther.

lot's of GREAT comments, here. I can only pray we see several Seasons of V. I've loved the corny show of the 80's. But this is a NEW level. Each week I can't wait for this show to come on...

I can only hope they incorporate some of the UFO parallels that are circulating the globe, in the Real World...

Overall, I can't wait for the NEXT season...

great job writers...

Edited on 03/16/2011 2:10pm

Grog5th

[23]Mar 16, 2011
    I enjoyed the season finale and I hope season 3 will be aired. What is this passion networks have with canceling shows? Just because ratings are down doesn't mean people do not watch it. Fans download shows in America and across the world. USA TV ratings aren't the center of the universe.

From England. (I loved seeing Jane and Marc appear in the show)

wilddog2k8

[24]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 4

The finale was great...leaves a lot of possibilities open for season 3. I dont know why people are saying that the underground government agency is too "convenient" or "Unbelievable." The leader of it, Marc, is from the original series, and Erica's partner had been investigating her throughout the season, so it makes perfect sense that this would be the outcome. It was never clear what her partners intentions were with his investigation, I think the writers did that purposely.

All in all, good episode. Lets hope ABC doesn't screw up....again. If they do have a season 3, it better be a FULL season....not this 10 episode bull. THIS ISN'T SHOWTIME!!!!!

PhoenixB1ue

[25]Mar 16, 2011

I thought the finale was an intense episode with lots of suspense and surprises.

I thought it was kind of weird that they killed of Tyler because I thought he had a purpose in all of this. Also was the evil Lisa breeding with him or just having sex with him? I actually feel bad for Tyler.

I was like osht when Anna killed her mom, but it seemed strange that no one even noticed Anna and the other people walk into the room. Also it was kind of weird that that 10 yr old girl just murders her dad like it was nothing.

Why didn't Joshua just kill the queen egg and then kill himself or something? And how come they don't just make Joshua kill Anna if he is already on the ship and can be alone with her?

Also it seems like the Fifth Column is gone. Ryan is dead, Chad is about to die (maybe), Jack is blissed, that scientist guy is nowhere again, Hobbes disappeared, and Evans is joining that new Ares team. Can't wait for season 3.

vodazz

[26]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 12

I can't believe what the writers just did. If you watch the episode and don't think about the details at all then you should like the episode. But come on:

1) How could Erica and the team expect Lisa to kill her own mother, especially when she is a manipulative bit**

2) It's completely impossible that nobody noticed Anna coming in when Diana died. All V's were bowing down to Diana so they liked her. So some should have seen Anna coming in and shouted or something. It seems that she just teleported behind Diana.

3) Then Ryan's death. It was just cheap to kill him off like that. Sure his daughter killed him but it doesn't mean that the scene was shocking - it was plain stupid.

4) And than Lisa Nr. 2. Oh come on..... Even the second daughter egg storyline was an easy escape route for the writers but now she hatched and looks exactly like Lisa? A 10year-old could have thought of this. It's just too easy.

5) Killing off Tyler. Well yes he was an annoying character but his death will actually have the biggest impact on other characters like it or not. I really have no idea how Erica and Lisa's characters can develop further when Tyler is gone.

6) Secret organisation underground? Isn't that a little too convenient? Nobody noticed anything ever - it's just too easy again.

All in all the majority of the decisions made in this episode were too easy and cheap. I really wanted this show to be renewed but this ruined everything.

roams

[27]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 6

WilliamDwyer1 wrote:
    What this finale has done, is wipe the slate clean for a brand new story arc...hopefully with different writers...assuming there is a Season 3. This is a good thing.

THIS

vodazz wrote:
    1) How could Erica and the team expect Lisa to kill her own mother, especially when she is a manipulative bit**

Or atleast... ask her earlier. It's like the most obvious move!

vodazz wrote:
    3) Then Ryan's death. It was just cheap to kill him off like that. Sure his daughter killed him but it doesn't mean that the scene was shocking - it was plain stupid.

Nah... killing him shows Annas hold on that kid. She's more of a daughter to her than her own.

vodazz wrote:
    4) And than Lisa Nr. 2. Oh come on..... Even the second daughter egg storyline was an easy escape route for the writers but now she hatched and looks exactly like Lisa? A 10year-old could have thought of this. It's just too easy.

Aye... plus it was their opportunity to leave the door opened for a new character. Instead they used it as an opportunity for a Lisa rewrite. Then again... I guess like any of the Vs, they can always get reskinned.

vodazz wrote:
    5) Killing off Tyler. Well yes he was an annoying character but his death will actually have the biggest impact on other characters like it or not. I really have no idea how Erica and Lisa's characters can develop further when Tyler is gone.

Erica is free to be a cool action girl who sleeps around with Mercs has tequila for breakfast.
    Losing Tyler liberates the character really.

vodazz wrote:
    All in all the majority of the decisions made in this episode were too easy and cheap. I really wanted this show to be renewed but this ruined everything.

I'm a full 180 from you. The whole season was cheap and easy, this is tabula rasa. I wanted this show cancelled but now I could see them make a 3rd season as a ddeparture from everything that happened this season.

Edited on 03/16/2011 4:51pm
    Edited 2 total times.

AlexWeinberg

[28]Mar 16, 2011
    After watching the first 20 minutes, I was like "Okay. Lisa didn't shoot Anna. There's still time." Then I saw Hobbes go dark and Ryan get killed by his daughter-turned-Anna's-slave. Then I saw Lisa1 get replaced by Lisa2, who slept with Tyler and subsequently ate him. Then I saw Ericka get kidnapped.

Now, at this point, I'm cussing my heart out at the screen. The ONE silver lining is that Ericka is in with Project Aries (sp?). That's the ONLY good thing. This show could EASILY turn around, but they've made it look like humanity is screwed really good, because the whole world is Blissed (btw the fact that Amy can do that over Anna just makes her more powerful than Anna - which Anna might not take so kindly to if she starts disobeying, which is really doubtful but still something to think about).

All in all? I'd like to see V come back, BUT I REAAALLY don't want to see any more depressing episodes where humanity tries something and it fails. No more screwups. No more trying and losing. Start WINNING. They're at their lowest right now; they can only go up from here.

Long live Project Aries! (Since 5th Column is basically neutralized and all of Ericka's officers/other loved are either dead (Ryan, Tyler), on their way to being dead (Chad, maybe Jack), or MIA (Hobbes).

sramv9

[29]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 22
    I'm all for them bringing it back next year, but they do need to do some renovations. I have to give them credit though - they had a reduced number of eps to work with, so this finale was pretty good. I think it will be just awful though if ABC cancels yet another show like this on a big cliffhanger. At the very least, bring it back and resolve the conclusion. Some people say they could live with this as the ending of the series but I'm not one of them.

haldrey

[30]Mar 16, 2011
    pgsuperfan wrote:

wow what an ending we all were hoping that they would kill off Tyler but I guess his mother does not know yet I really did not think that they would kill off Diana

Agree! I do want another season, specially after this 'ouch' SEASON finale.

Canada_Michael

[31]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 10
    vodazz wrote:

I can't believe what the writers just did. If you watch the episode and don't think about the details at all then you should like the episode. But come on:

2) It's completely impossible that nobody noticed Anna coming in when Diana died. All V's were bowing down to Diana so they liked her. So some should have seen Anna coming in and shouted or something. It seems that she just teleported behind Diana.

6) Secret organisation underground? Isn't that a little too convenient? Nobody noticed anything ever - it's just too easy again.

I totally agree with everything you said above. Why would they expect Lisa to kill her own mother, the reason Lisa is helping them at all is her emotions coming out. This act would be counter to the love, joy & peace she probably thinks humanity is about, because of her relationship with Tyler. If someone told Erica she had to kill Tyler to save the world I don't think she would do it. They even knew it would be hard for her, that's why they told her when she arrived. Erica was cold to Lisa when she found out she didn't kill Anna, instead of saying I hope your right but just in case try to protect your grandmother. At that point what's done is done telling Lisa that her mother is lying & ruthless was pointless.

Why not put Diana in a escape pod, which remember she has hidden all over the ship? Diana alive is far more helpful to humanity then her dead.

Tyler's death was pointless. Fine kill him but have him go down fighting. Let Lisa & Tyler have a real conversation for a few minutes before the plan is put into motion, which would reinforce the strong bond they have. The last time they had any sort of contact on screen was when he caught her with the other guy, & that didn't end well. Yet he was willing to believe Lisa over his mother, after he caught her with another guy?

I think it would've been far better if they ended with the scene with Diana addressing her subjects just before Anna arrived, that way they leave it open ended as to whether the coup succeeded. If it does come back you can start with the scene where Anna kills Diana and everything that happened after.

Amy reminds me of the anointed one character on Buffy, or as Spike called him the annoying one .

lolamustang

[32]Mar 17, 2011

Tyler once again showed his stupidity by not believing his mother and running to Lisa, despite the conundrum they had last time they met.

Well at least he is no more - thank pseudoLisa for that and Anna who made her do it. I bow to both of them - lol

oh and btw - the secret basement operation - how silly was that - hahahahaha my tummy still hurts from laughing

Edited on 03/17/2011 7:16am

kanniballl

[33]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 18

vodazz wrote:

Does she really look just like Lisa? Who knows, since we haven't seen regular-Lisa outside of her Human suit.

Anna specifically said to give her a human skin that looked like Lisa, meaning they had to choose / make her look like the human Lisa.

But I can't really argue with the rest.

Edited on 03/17/2011 10:22am

Goxxi

[34]Mar 17, 2011

There will be a 3rd season only the question is when.
    I hope It won't be such a long break like beetwen 1st and 2nd season and I hope we will be able to watch 3rd season soon.

The last episode was amazing and I can't wait to see what's gonna happen.

Does anyone knows what's happened to Hobbs , where hes dissapeared ?

Goxxi

[35]Mar 17, 2011

In 3rd season Chuck Norris will show up

Chuck Norris can give a blessing to Anna

roams

[36]Mar 17, 2011

Goxxi wrote:

There will be a 3rd season only the question is when.

Well known fact *

*All facts subject to interpretation, wild fantasies and wishful thinking.

Edited on 03/17/2011 12:01pm

dvdemon

[37]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 8

Incredible finale. Loved it; that's what I call sh*t hitting the fan, really hard! Smile

And they finally, finally killed off their most annoying Characters. I thought I'd never see the end of that brainless brat Tylor and that whiney lizzard Ryan. Oh, how I loathed them.
    I truly enjoyed the scene, when the 'bad' Lisa went all Species on Tylor. Awesome, just friggin awesome! Laughing

Sure, V started off a bit slow, but I think it got better by the episode. Unfortunately I myself can't contribute to any B.S.-TV-Ratings, cause I'm living in Germany and therefore gotta watch it online.

All in all, I think abc's done quite a good job with the new V. Another well made re-vamp of an old cult TV-Show. Just like the new BSG. I sure hope abc grants V a third season, unlike SyFy did SG-U. Damn them. Yell

Edited on 03/17/2011 1:26pm

fredbalsdon

[38]Mar 20, 2011

StanimirStoimen wrote:

This one left me speechless! Season 3 is a must!

Oh yeah same here seeing marc singer in the show made me jump out of my seat and go oh hell yeah my mom was like ok then whats up.

sramv9

[39]Mar 21, 2011
    fredbalsdon wrote:

StanimirStoimen wrote:

This one left me speechless! Season 3 is a must!

Oh yeah same here seeing marc singer in the show made me jump out of my seat and go oh hell yeah my mom was like ok then whats up.

Exactly - they really have a chance to make season three pretty good if they get one.

JamesMalloy

[40]Mar 21, 2011

yes i hope ABC does another season, how can they not do? esp howit got so interesting in the finale and many surprises