V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

episode 210 - Mother's Day (finale)

Did the finale leave you hoping for a season three?

Giro85

[41]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 2

i didn't like it very much , you know because there is a lot of questions

how did that hybrid girl has that tail when she looks 10 years old and her father just told us in previous Episode only fully grown female that could has it " that Episode when they skinned that undercover V that been working with Erica"?

2nd question , how dump they put a mirror no body else sees it but the only person that u don't want her to ROFL ?

and last but not least .... what they were doing these "project ares" ?

this last episode took me about 3 days to watch , couldn't really handle watching it all at once , bad final for a season :S 6/10

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Canada_Michael

[42]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 10

I know the feeling it was hard for me to get through as well.

In the end not much changed because of the "shocking" deaths. Ryan, Tyler & Diana were all reduced to bit players well before the finale. The resistance gets a new name but I'm sure Erica will be at the centre of it if it comes back, so how successful can they be . Anna is still winning & Erica is still losing, the more things change the more they stay the same.

sramv9

[43]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 22
    Giro85 wrote:

how did that hybrid girl has that tail when she looks 10 years old and her father just told us in previous Episode only fully grown female that could has it "

Well she's a hybrid, anything is possible. known limits may not apply. No one, for example, expected her to be able to bliss humanity either.

Giro85 wrote:
    how dum[b] they put a mirror no body else sees it but the only person that u don't want her to

I think they were actually trying to show us that the little gang is not that competent and has to ramp up its game - thus the introduction of the underground war room

Giro85 wrote:

and last but not least .... what they were doing these "project ares"

It's a new thread, introduced, obviously we won't find out unless they renew it, but it holds promise IMO.

Okay the show is not perfect. But I think it knows it is campy. I really hope they do renew (or at least miniseries a proper ending).

zvrki22

[44]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 3

show is great but needs more action. becouse it could become boring like supernatural season 6.

roams

[45]Mar 22, 2011
    • level: 6

sramv9 wrote:
    Giro85 wrote:

how did that hybrid girl has that tail when she looks 10 years old and her father just told us in previous Episode only fully grown female that could has it "

Well she's a hybrid, anything is possible. known limits may not apply. No one, for example, expected her to be able to bliss humanity either.

Actually didn't they artificially age her? They did that with Anna's brood that survived the blue energy grenade.

This is another thing that bugs me about Lisa #2... how come she's born in what seems to be a very developped stage?
    One more thing about the show you kinda have to shrug off and pretend like it's just normal and can go unexplained.

Edited on 03/22/2011 8:36pm

sramv9

[46]Mar 23, 2011

[QUOTE="roams"]

[QUOTE="sramv9"]

Giro85 wrote:

This is another thing that bugs me about Lisa #2... how come she's born in what seems to be a very developped stage?
    One more thing about the show you kinda have to shrug off and pretend like it's just normal and can go unexplained.

The hybrid was born to a human; the Lisa # 2 queen was born from a queen egg. So the differing gestation processes and genetic backgrounds are reason enough to justify the differences and the need they had to fast track development of the hybrid.

As to why a fully developed V emerges from the queen egg, that's not a problem. We have no baseline for what's normal for what comes from a queen egg so they can simply show us, as they did. (...or did they also do some advancement/aging thing on the queen egg as well? Can't remember. Either way, I think they are covered off ok on this one.)

Edited on 03/23/2011 5:08am
    Edited 2 total times.

AqiulColombow

[47]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 2

What would be really awesome is if the third season picked up like a few years after the events of season 2. All characters can be developed further and the conquest of humanity would have been complete with the only surviving faction being Project Aries.

jazy0221

[48]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 7

Whoooooooooooooooooos what a slaughter house this finale was. I shall begin with my likes: um... gosh maybe i should have started with my dislikes... lol. but let me think... I liked the realness of Lisa not being able to kill her mother. I mean really even if your mom is satan's sister... they should never have asked her to kill her mother. I had a feeling when the ep started and it began with the hostage situation as opposed to ending with it... it was not going to go well. I was caught off guard at Diane's death. It sucked cuz I liked her. But man Anna never ceases to amaze me. And her new daugher (ryans daughter) she is a little Anna for sure. Her killing Ryan was so ironic to me and sad. I agree he didnt have to die, they coulda just made him go away someone and leave his character open to return but it sucks that he's gone. Im really happy with Chad's character. He's a character that i originally despised but like him a lot. Im glad he wasnt killed in the bloodbaths... but i have a feeling his time is up soon. So glad Joshua survived too! He is def one of the best characters. I am happy Tyler is gone, though its bittersweet, but his character has been workin my nerves since Season 1. Alright, not sure if that actually expressed likes... but on to dislikes... lol. (though despite this list that will follow, i did ENJOY the episode) Lisa def needs some more acting lessons... but i do like her. But her face does not always match her lines. lol. Was anyone irritated that Erica still doesnt know Hobbs involvement in her ex husbands death? Like really... he over here getting busy with her and she has no idea STILL that he betrayed them too. Why could Ryans daughter give bliss? And was anyone else upset that Jack is now blissed... yuck. And what happened to the tension between Jack and Erica? like really? hobbes u really got in the way... literately. This american rebellion underground does seem a lil farfetched but lets be honest thats the only storyline that will save humankind now. Anna is just such a trip, her second in command guy, i cant figure him out at all. But only time will tell Those r my thoughts for now

Edited on 03/24/2011 12:57pm

roams

[49]Mar 25, 2011

jazy0221 wrote:
    Lisa def needs some more acting lessons...
    So agreed!. After that robot Ryan, she's the worst on the show. But for being the prototypal "rebel V with emotions who falls in love with an earth girl" .... that guy was the worst cast job ever.

jazy0221 wrote:
    Was anyone irritated that Erica still doesnt know Hobbs involvement in her ex husbands death? Like really... he over here getting busy with her and she has no idea STILL that he betrayed them too.
    OMG YES!!! Been ranting about this for weeks and I thought I was the only one. I can't stand how the writers start things they don't finish. You can't have the guy betray the 5th, kill Erica's ex and then go on to be in the 5th top brass and be Erica's lover... and never bring this up again.

jazy0221 wrote:
    Why could Ryans daughter give bliss?
    I assume having needed Bliss during her childhood and recieved it on a daily basis.... perhaps she developped the ability from her V side because she needs it to survive.

jazy0221 wrote:
    And was anyone else upset that Jack is now blissed...
    Nah, that character grew to be less and less likable. If there is a 3rd season... maybe he's gonna be some kind of "Priest of the Blissed"... "Zealot of the Vs".

Edited on 03/25/2011 6:52am

sramv9

[50]Mar 25, 2011
    roams wrote:
    You can't have the guy betray the 5th, kill Erica's ex and then go on to be in the 5th top brass and be Erica's lover... and never bring this up again.

too early to accuse them of that. we'll have to wait til next season if there is one to find out if they follow up

Canada_Michael

[51]Mar 25, 2011

roams wrote:

jazy0221 wrote:
    So agreed!. After that robot Ryan, she's the worst on the show. But for being the prototypal "rebel V with emotions who falls in love with an earth girl" .... that guy was the worst cast job ever.

jazy0221 wrote:
    Was anyone irritated that Erica still doesnt know Hobbs involvement in her ex husbands death? Like really... he over here getting busy with her and she has no idea STILL that he betrayed them too.
    OMG YES!!! Been ranting about this for weeks and I thought I was the only one. I can't stand how the writers start things they don't finish. You can't have the guy betray the 5th, kill Erica's ex and then go on to be in the 5th top brass and be Erica's lover... and never bring this up again.

jazy0221 wrote:
    I assume having needed Bliss during her childhood and recieved it on a daily basis.... perhaps she developped the ability from her V side because she needs it to survive.

jazy0221 wrote:
    Nah, that character grew to be less and less likable. If there is a 3rd season... maybe he's gonna be some kind of "Priest of the Blissed"... "Zealot of the Vs".

To tell you the truth I found Ryan more annoying then Tyler, with Tyler you can say he's a dumb teen. Ryan on the other hand was all over the map. No emotion when Val got killed by Anna & his whole plan to get his daughter back, hi hurry we have to go now LMAO. That whole Hobbs/Erica scene was just creepy. She just loses her ex & Tyler, & while looking at a family picture with said ex & son she gets the urge to sleep with Hobbs? That's the moment that triggers her desire for Hobbs, really? V seems to forget stuff when it suits then. In the episode where they want to disable the reactor Lisa gives them blue energy balls to study. She tells them she will need them back, or else they will discover she took them. Later Sid uses the balls to start the reaction that will destroy/disable the reactor, are we to believe Sid was gonna wait around for what was supposed to happen to finish? To me it really did look like if it wasn't for Ryan stopping the plan Lisa would be screwed by Erica & the resistance.

Edited on 03/25/2011 5:11pm

roams

[52]Mar 25, 2011

I don't think the guy that plays Tyler is a particularly bad actor... it's just a bad character.
    The actor that plays Ryan on the other end seems to be incapable of "human emotions" even though his character is supposed to be the V with emotions, the one V we know that has been living "human style" the longest.
    Lisa (the actresse playing her) does seem to only have a few faces she knows how to make.

Canada_Michael wrote:

V seems to forget stuff when it suits then. In the episode where they want to disable the reactor Lisa gives them blue energy balls to study. She tells them she will need them back, or else they will discover she took them. Later Sid uses the balls to start the reaction that will destroy/disable the reactor, are we to believe Sid was gonna wait around for what was supposed to happen to finish? To me it really did look like if it wasn't for Ryan stopping the plan Lisa would be screwed by Erica & the resistance.

Damn you're right!... I had to watch parts of that episode again just to make sure.... I only remembered the walkie-talkie looking detonator...

I guess they could always say that in their original plans it was not going to detroy that blue ball... it's only after Ryan showed up that they considered blowing the whole place up (and losing the blue ball). But still. The first thing Anna did when the powersurge happened was to tell Thomas to check the inventory. Also during the planning phase, Sid does describes the proceedures result as a meldown...

Another one that bugs me is in that episode where the leader of the 5th and Erica's ex both die. It was already pretty remote that that the Vs knew a secret entrance to the building and no one else... including the people using it as a hideout. They decide that they will send in a V spy as a fake cop to intercept Erica's ex-husband on the scene and "hint at him" that there's a secret entrance but that the cops are not using it for... well "stupid and infuriating reasons"...
    The plan being: "He's gonna go all 'indiana jones' and try to save the day on his own, infiltrating a 5th column hideout".

Mevermind that this is exactly what happens...
    The V fake cop is walking around interracting with everyone on location, taking charge of interracting with Erica's ex... talks with Erica's boss and co-workers... no one suspects anything. But when the ex finally gets to Erica... she know just by his name that he's not FBI. None of the FBI personel on location doubt this guy when they see him, but Erica knows the whole FBI roster by heart?

Edited on 03/25/2011 8:32pm
    Edited 3 total times.

Canada_Michael

[53]Mar 26, 2011

That whole Erica was the only one able to recognize he wasn't a real agent was just bad. Also wasn't that the episode where the boss & partner suspect Erica of doing stuff outside the FBI? They were going to start a investigation & everything. Then in the finale we find out these guys are part of a secret organization themselves, that had been watching Erica. If that's the case what was all the were launching a investigation business a couple of episodes earlier? Why did Lars seem less then happy that Erica knows about the true nature of the V's, since his organization hasn't done anything anyway?

Also why was it necessary to kill Anna wouldn't kidnapping her get her out of the way just the same, & it would be easier for Lisa as well. In the finale Anna is alive & out of the way, Diana takes over successfully but in the final scene Anna escapes. That way if it is the last episode humanity is not left so utterly defeated, & if it does come back Anna can still have her revenge & the fight continues.

KasenStuff

[54]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 5
    Not enough choices. I want the show to get renewed, but I hated the finale.

sramv9

[55]Mar 27, 2011
    KasenStuff wrote:

What did you hate about it, versus liking the show and wanting renewal?

danharr

[56]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 45

Boy was I wrong about how they were going to do things hope the show comes back with that great setup. Anna now has a real daughter and bliss some epic fighting should be coming and I'd so love to see Marc Singer and the rest of the underground for a season or more.

bdancer99

[57]Mar 27, 2011
    • level: 11

i thought the finale was really good. after watching the ending i really want v to have another season because i really want to know what happens and and i think if the writers can do it, they could make a really good story line with a new season.

jazy0221

[58]Mar 28, 2011
    • level: 7
    sramv9 wrote:
    roams wrote:
    You can't have the guy betray the 5th, kill Erica's ex and then go on to be in the 5th top brass and be Erica's lover... and never bring this up again.

too early to accuse them of that. we'll have to wait til next season if there is one to find out if they follow up

Yeah but its so hot right now.. that to wait till next season to discuss Hobbes involvement will seem almost anticlimatic now. I just dont think the impact will b what it could have been in the finale.

roams wrote:

jazy0221 wrote:

jazy0221 wrote:

jazy0221 wrote:

jazy0221 wrote:

I agree with you totally, although i did like Ryan.. at least originally. He's pretty annoying now... or WAS pretty annoying, but i thought he was still useful. But i guess he reaped what he sowed!

And about ur comment about Jack. loool so funny. Yea itll be so creepy if he becomes a blissed priest again. I was actually liking a nonpriest version of him. But he's been such a consistent character.. maybe one of the only ones... and now everything he stands for ill be turned around...? Sucks to me! but i see what ur saying!!

Yeah but its so hot right now.. that to wait till next season to discuss Hobbes involvement will seem almost anticlimatic now. I just dont think the impact will b what it could have been in the finale.

roams

[59]Mar 28, 2011

Canada_Michael wrote:

That whole Erica was the only one able to recognize he wasn't a real agent was just bad. Also wasn't that the episode where the boss & partner suspect Erica of doing stuff outside the FBI? They were going to start a investigation & everything. Then in the finale we find out these guys are part of a secret organization themselves, that had been watching Erica. If that's the case what was all the were launching a investigation business a couple of episodes earlier? Why did Lars seem less then happy that Erica knows about the true nature of the V's, since his organization hasn't done anything anyway?

Very true, I guess they were meant to appear to have a certain ambiguous position, appearring first as defending the Vs as they publically claim... but in a way that later you would understand that they were interested in her possible 5th column involvement for potential recruitment...

...HOWEVER, they over did it when we were meant to think they were on the side of the V. There is no way I can believe Chris (the new partner that has his doubts about her) and her boss was not with the Vs and secretly in some secret organisation against them watching back those episodes. He even uses language like:
    (When discussing the tip from Anna about a 5th column hideout)
    "Should we tell Erica"
    -"If she's dirty like we suspect we can't risk that she'd tip them off (the 5th)"

They refer to her as dirty amongst each other? In private? So what are they then if not dirty? She's dirty but they are secretly the good guys fighting the Vs?... nah. They did too good of a job convincing me they were siding with the Vs.

Plus the whole thing was just so simplistic... "Oh Anna and my boss think I might be 5th column... I'm gonna have them do something bad to me like hold me hostage and they just gonna be baffled!!!"...
    Why would the 5th column kidnap her in the first place anwyays? Or anyone for that matter? It's their hideout and they we caught off-guard... with a hostage on hand in case the FBI shows up? That whole episode's plot is just too remote....

Anna anonymously leaks the location of that base to the FBI and predicts that because they are "embarrassed by their poor performance preventing Anna's attempted assassination".. they will not hesitate to use deadly force. This whole part was an unnecessary and far fetched prediction as she was already planning on blowing the building up... it's one more "suspension of disbelief" that was not even needed.

I can't believe this is one of the higher rated episodes.
    Maybe it's because it doesn't revolve around Tyler or the human soul.
    Or maybe it's because there's explosions and guns...

Edited on 03/30/2011 9:22am
    Edited 3 total times.

KasenStuff

[60]Mar 29, 2011
    • level: 5
    sramv9 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:

What did you hate about it, versus liking the show and wanting renewal?

I just thought it was too depressing and dark... Too many good for the V's, not even good for the human's. We totally got our asses KICKED... NOT GOOD! There needed to be a few good things on our side... but no, nothing. Josh dies, the hybrid can bliss humans... it's AWFUL.