V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

episode 210 - Mother's Day (finale)

Did the finale leave you hoping for a season three?

sramv9

[61]Mar 30, 2011
    • level: 22
    KasenStuff wrote:
    sramv9 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    Not enough choices. I want the show to get renewed, but I hated the finale.

What did you hate about it, versus liking the show and wanting renewal?

I just thought it was too depressing and dark... Too many good for the V's, not even good for the human's. We totally got our asses KICKED... NOT GOOD! There needed to be a few good things on our side... but no, nothing. Josh dies, the hybrid can bliss humans... it's AWFUL.

I can see your point. I guess I'm just optimistic there will be a continuation, so that this ends up just being the "darkest hour" for humanity from which they'll make a comeback. If ABC doesn't renew and they end on this note it will be sad though!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KasenStuff

[62]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 5
    sramv9 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    sramv9 wrote:
    KasenStuff wrote:
    Not enough choices. I want the show to get renewed, but I hated the finale.

What did you hate about it, versus liking the show and wanting renewal?

I just thought it was too depressing and dark... Too many good for the V's, not even good for the human's. We totally got our asses KICKED... NOT GOOD! There needed to be a few good things on our side... but no, nothing. Josh dies, the hybrid can bliss humans... it's AWFUL.

I can see your point. I guess I'm just optimistic there will be a continuation, so that this ends up just being the "darkest hour" for humanity from which they'll make a comeback. If ABC doesn't renew and they end on this note it will be sad though!

God I f'ing hope so. I hope there's more (I do want more I just found this too hard on us humans... GO HUMANS!!!) And at the very least, make a movie where we kick Anna's ass!!!!!!

dh4645

[63]Apr 14, 2011
    • level: 15

I'm just glad tyler got killed on V before the series died. he was one of the worst characters ever.

and why in the hell did they leave Lisa to kill her mom, why not just have a few other 5th column there to kill Anna right when she walks in the door, or at least have backup for when Lisa fails. her character was almost as bad as tylers, but she is so damn hot, so i can forgive it.

Edited on 04/14/2011 8:54am
    Edited 2 total times.

kivar5

[64]Apr 17, 2011
    • level: 4
    I was really happy with Tyler's death. Otherwise, I hated the finale, because they killed Diana (she was the real queen) and because humans have no chance at all of doing well... Concordia building construction will continue all around the world, humans pacing... everything is bad for us. FINALE means end of something... and a hope... but we have no hope now. Why would we have hope for renewal?
    I also think the finale was very good, a good history told... and I think... why were the previous episodes so slow? Why they don't tell us more? Why things are so slow? In original "V" things happened faster, as in opening and ending episodes of the season. I wish all episodes were that good. I prefer 1 good season, than 3 boring ones...

netgoddess

[65]May 18, 2011
    • level: 10
    Anna pwnd Erica, Erica turned from the type of person who would fight someone like Hobbs and Eli Cowen into becoming exactly like them. That was interesting character development.

I thought that grandma queen was an interesting character and had a lot of potential so it sucked she got axed.

Humanity is basically screwed. It was more believable for the FBI and military to have some sort of operation rather than this rag-tag "fifth column" group of terrorists. It made no sense to me that a known terrorist and an FBI agent could just fly to other countries unnoticed by anyone.

Anyway the show had many flaws and was hard to watch at times, and I pretty much didn't care for Priest Jack or Tyler.

Most of the other characters were interesting, I did like Ryan and Hobbs and Eli Cowen. I think the story was worth watching, it was not the best television ever but it certainly kept me intrigued enough to do a marathon.

It seemed like the acting and production value were pretty high, the characters and the stakes and the overall concept was good, just the show failed on some levels on the writing and execution, but not an epic fail, just enough of a fail to where it felt like the show could have been so much more than it ended up being.