V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

episode six - pound of flesh - discussion

sramv9

[1]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 22

episode six: Pound of Flesh

ratings: 2.5 rating/7share ( a series low)

comments?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

d0brin

[2]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 7

i relaly like the show and i hope it will not getcanceledcuz i see many ppldoesn'tlike it . But it has one of myfavoriteactors:

Morena Baccarin - Ana - Stargate SG1 (Adria)

Laura Vandervoort - Lisa - Smallville (Cara)

Elizabeth Mitchell - Erica - Lost (Juliet)

they are starring in the show i really thought it is gonna be an aswame show and i think it is. The new episode was veryinterestingand i am planing on watching it. What do you think? I think the show is worthed to be watch and its gonna get very interesting too...

boom-moo

[3]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 75
    I am really sorry I opened another discussion thread. This one was open as I was typing the first comment in mine, I checked first and there was none yet. I'll pm the editor so mine gets locked.

This was the comment in mine:

Not a bad plan the one of the vs: getting r6 into humans, then "inviting" them aboard to brainwash them further. Creepy

I dunno what's wrong with me but Jack in a leather jacket (even if he is wearing it over his priest clothes) is kinda hot

Ryan looked really suspicious while on the ship, looking in awe at everything and whatnot He was pretty conveniently followed by the good guys, of course. So John May had an untraceable contact device, must be cool stuff if the vs can't get a hold of the signal!

Whoa at Ryan giving Val the med, I have the feeling that baby lizard is gonna stubbornly struggle to live though. What's the story about Erica's divorce? Telling Tyler who he really is, eh? *wonders*

Chad has the cold feet. Poor guy, wouldn't like to be on his skin.

RIP Georgie

ChristySlater

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 3
    I am really liking Joshua. My favourite character after Ryan I want to know more background about John May though.
    And how long has Ryan been on Earth?

ummhaniyyah

[5]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 8

I liked this episode alright - it was interesting and suspenseful and in that way entertaining. Great TV, though, it wasn't.

It was very convenient that Samuel happened upon Ryan - it's what I had hoped would happen, but was all too expected. I second the person who wrote that they really like the Joshua character.

A lot of the resistance/5th column stuff wasn't too smart. The three Vs talking openly about what they are up to - Joshua even yelling after Ryan as he's leaving. How can they be certain that there isn't some kind of surveillance in that room.

Hobbes' lack of concern about losing Georgie - even though it should be obvious to all that Georgie can expose them and is hardly the one I'd choose to withstand hard-core torture. But then again, why would the Vs need to torture someone if they can access their memories in the way that they did for Tyler?

The smart move for Georgie would have been to kill himself after he got rid of the V security guy.

Hobbes having the four resistance members checked out - Given what he's now seen, how can he be sure that the woman who he's asked to investigate isnt' a V, how can he be sure that her research won't trigger V attention? He's obviously told her way more than just that he wanted background on some people. Thought that was a nice, stupid touch.

For a ship with high-tech security, wouldn't the NY mothership have video of everyone who entered the ship that day. Hey, if the Dubai police could capture all the comings and goings for that Mossad hit - wouldn't the Vs have a playback of 1) Ryan's reaction to the baby, 2) Samuel's reaction to Ryan, 3) Georgie's reaction to spotting Ryan?

Joshua knew what the phosphate concentrate would be used for - as a doctor, has he encountered that need before?

ummhaniyyah

[6]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 8

The Erika family secret thing doesn't interest me all that much but my guess is as follows: When Tyler got into the bike accident his father discovered that Tyler isn't his biological son (that Erika had had an affair) - maybe due to bloodwork.

boom-moo

[7]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 75
    ChristySlater wrote:
    And how long has Ryan been on Earth?
    I can't remember how long ago it was but the vs did send a bunch of them to the Earth where they infiltrated (Erika's ex co-worker, Ryan, the doctor that is helping him, and some others whose name I forgot). I'd say some 5-10 years or something since them all seem established with steady jobs and stuff.

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    A lot of the resistance/5th column stuff wasn't too smart.
    I agree, I kept rolling my eyes at the same things you mentioned. With their superb technology and without those licenses the vs would be pretty undefeatable so guess the writers cut the 5th column some slack

guytwo

[8]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 7
    The only reason to watch this show is to make fun of how bad it is. Where are all the good writers??? On cable???

jaesunsk

[10]Apr 8, 2010
    • level: 5
    one thing i dont get, i thought the security guard, the one that went after Ryan when he was goingn off the ship, wasn't he killed in the episode before by erica at her house? i'd have to go back and watch again though, maybe it was a different person?

VConn

[11]Apr 10, 2010
    • level: 17

sramv9 wrote:

I think these are all good points but i do think the writing holds up better than some people suggest, for instance....

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    It was very convenient that Samuel happened upon Ryan - it's what I had hoped would happen, but was all too expected. I second the person who wrote that they really like the Joshua character.

I don't think it's overly convenient - they are deploying fifth column within the ships for exactly this kind of thing. it didn't occur by luck but by strategic effort on the fifth column members' part (i.e., watching for other fifth column and intercepting before the other Vs have a chance to).

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    A lot of the resistance/5th column stuff wasn't too smart. The three Vs talking openly about what they are up to - Joshua even yelling after Ryan as he's leaving. How can they be certain that there isn't some kind of surveillance in that room.

I think the answer is that the fifth column has enough people in high places - e.g. security that they must know where is safe and where is not. e.g., they are the ones that are doing the screening for emotion. they may also be monitoring a lot of the surveillance and have ability to purge and manipulate that data to remain hidden. As advanced as the Vs are, the fifth column are also Vs, therefore also advanced.

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    Hobbes' lack of concern about losing Georgie - even though it should be obvious to all that Georgie can expose them and is hardly the one I'd choose to withstand hard-core torture. But then again, why would the Vs need to torture someone if they can access their memories in the way that they did for Tyler?

The smart move for Georgie would have been to kill himself after he got rid of the V security guy.

Well, i'm waiting to see how they deal with this one next ep. After all, the torture has just started - who knows how it will go. But still I definitely agree with you about the point about Hobbes not being sufficiently concerned about Georgie talking.

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    Hobbes having the four resistance members checked out - Given what he's now seen, how can he be sure that the woman who he's asked to investigate isnt' a V, how can he be sure that her research won't trigger V attention? He's obviously told her way more than just that he wanted background on some people. Thought that was a nice, stupid touch.

He can't be sure, but i suspect this woman is a longstanding associate and that Hobbes trusts her for that reason, despite the fact she could still be a v. (yay to seeing Jo from Supernatural by the way).

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    For a ship with high-tech security, wouldn't the NY mothership have video of everyone who entered the ship that day. Hey, if the Dubai police could capture all the comings and goings for that Mossad hit - wouldn't the Vs have a playback of 1) Ryan's reaction to the baby, 2) Samuel's reaction to Ryan, 3) Georgie's reaction to spotting Ryan?

I think the fifth column's spy work is addressing some of this so the writing can hold up on this point IMO.

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    Joshua knew what the phosphate concentrate would be used for - as a doctor, has he encountered that need before?

sure sounded like it. what does it do though? enable the pregnancy or terminate it? or change the composition of the baby?

I agree with everything you said and most importantly that the writing is great and getting better as is the show in general, I hope ABC shows some faith in it and keeps it around especially since FlashForward is all but dead unfortunately plus Lost is over soon so they'd have the available funds and air time for it.

And by the way Samantha Ferris played Ellen on SUPERNATURAL(Jo was her daughter). Plus she was also Nina Jarvis in The 4400 I for one was hoping she'd have a scene with Joel Gretsch for a mini reunion of sorts...Oh well maybe next time!

Frenz9

[13]Apr 12, 2010
    • level: 10
    Decent episode, quite a bit of action, decently presented.

hillsongchick

[14]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 5
    Loved this episode, im hooked, gone through all 6 eps in 24hrs. I liked this one though because there was plenty of action and emotion. i loved the part were erica is leaving tyler with his dad and she hides her emotions til after she leaves. then you see a mother who is trying to protect her son . Oh and ryan knew he had to give phosphorous to his wife because the baby needed it to survive. The doctor told him that usually the baby gets this from the V mother but humans dont have enough thats why he had to give it to her. I think as far as what it will do to her, i was thinking maybe it changes her make up to be more like a V if a V naturally has more phosphorous.

danharr

[15]Apr 13, 2010
    • level: 45

Way better than last week ok the thing with Joshua was silly the three talking so openly and the risk of losing a man to torture but after last week almost anything is forgiveable. I really want to see where this alien pregnancy is going and I'm mildly interested the fbi agents family secret.