V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

How is this show

trtoguz

[1]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 2

I didn't watch the 2010 series but is this a remake of the original or completely different

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

InvasionFanbOy

[2]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 8

to sum it up short, this new show of "v" did not go anywhere after four shown episodes, its a pretty bore... and yes its a bit diffrent than the old show, so if your like me like the old show you will be a bit disappointed of this new adaption.

trtoguz

[3]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 2

OK,thanks and i support you,bring invasion back

Jacks_Son

[4]Mar 16, 2010
    • level: 13

Frankly, there are a few people on this board who hate the series simply because they adored the original and cannot accept a remake, no matter how good, or because ABC canceled a show they adored and they want anything that ABC airs to be canceled as well.

I'll tell you the same thing I tell others, watch the show online and decide for yourself. If you go by the opinions of obvious haters, you may end up missing out on a series that YOU actually like.

p.s. To answer your question, it's a modern remake without the cheesy special effects of the original.

Edited on 03/16/2010 10:38am

InvasionFanbOy

[5]Mar 23, 2010
    • level: 8

if it have been a good remake i would gladly said so but it aint. the orginal v was a intellectual intelligent sci-fi and not cheesy at all. its a fact that good sci-fi shows have be cancelled frequently at abc.

p.s. to answer your question, when truth get handed to you, dont let your big ego get in the way..

Edited on 03/24/2010 8:07am

SupremeLegate

[6]Mar 24, 2010
    You do realize only 4 episodes have aired right?

Jacks_Son

[7]Mar 24, 2010

InvasionFanbOy wrote:

p.s. to answer your question, when truth get handed to you, dont let your big ego get in the way..

So, your opinion is absolute truth? I'd said your ego is causing a severe blockage.

Lowndesy8

[8]Mar 27, 2010
    • level: 5

This is a top show! same story but with today's effects.....strong cast and I can't wait for the next episodes

Writerpatrick

[9]Mar 31, 2010

To be fair, a lot of people would be bored with the original. What made it so popular at the time was simple that there was a lack of hard core sci-fi on TV.

guytwo

[10]Apr 6, 2010
    • level: 7

I might keep on watching just to laugh at the poor writing. Somebody bring me the cliché list so I can check them off one by one.

Frenz9

[11]Apr 14, 2010
    • level: 10
    It is defiantly worth the watch, throw on a few episodes and see for yourself, there has been no obvious writing or acting flaws, at least deserves a trail.

mude

[12]Apr 15, 2010
    • level: 15
    Too many plotholes to keep the story afloat. I can't believe that every government in the world would welcome 'aliens' posing as humans so freely into their arms. The secret agancies such as the FBI working so openly with the Vs, come on!!! And that the whole media/public follows the whim of one little selfloving reporter. Don't get me started on the resistance, I mean, their whole agenda is to expose who the Vs really are to the public, but yet every time they kill a V, they have the chance to show the body to the world, which would help their cause and bump up their recruitment enormously, but they just get rid of the body or leave it there to rotten. And everytime they are on the move, you would think they would care more about their appearance, I mean, a priest with a blonde, driving in the same car with 3 weird looking men. "That wouldn't get anyone's attention, especially to the more technological advanced Vs who have eyes everywhere". The world is truly doomed, if these people are the ones leading the salvation army. And the whole 'V' army building thing, why not come already prepared with an army to preemptly crush resistance at the planet you are going to invade/exploit. It's just so fustrating to witness such lazy writing, I think the whole V concept would have worked better as a miniseries just like the original.

aidorrocks

[13]Apr 21, 2010
    • level: 10
    mude wrote:
    I think the whole V concept would have worked better as a miniseries just like the original.

* V 1983 miniseries - 2 eps
    * V The Final Battle - 3 eps
    * V 1984 TV series - 19 eps

thats 24 eps from the original show. so far we've seen 8 eps of the 2009 show with 2 more in the episode guide on tv.com. from what i can tell there is supposed to be 12 in total for the series/season. how do you know its not meant to be wrapped up then? do you know that they are planning to do multiple seasons? maybe they'll do a 2nd season & wrap it up there. all this hating on the show is pointless. if you don't like it, don't watch it - simple as that. do you go to every forum for a show you don't like & bash it? i doubt it. as for plot holes, yes there are some, but EVERY show i've ever watched in my life has plot holes. i could point out loads of plot holes from lost, all the stargate franchises, prison break, flashforward and don't get me started on heroes. even my favourite show of all time BSG had some.

just go watch something you like & be happy. why waste your time moaning about a show you don't like, to people you don't know, who probably don't care about your opinion?

am i wrong?

Jacks_Son

[14]Apr 21, 2010

aidorrocks wrote:
    mude wrote:
    I think the whole V concept would have worked better as a miniseries just like the original.
    * V 1983 miniseries - 2 eps * V The Final Battle - 3 eps * V 1984 TV series - 19 eps thats 24 eps from the original show. so far we've seen 8 eps of the 2009 show with 2 more in the episode guide on tv.com. from what i can tell there is supposed to be 12 in total for the series/season. how do you know its not meant to be wrapped up then? do you know that they are planning to do multiple seasons? maybe they'll do a 2nd season & wrap it up there. all this hating on the show is pointless. if you don't like it, don't watch it - simple as that. do you go to every forum for a show you don't like & bash it? i doubt it. as for plot holes, yes there are some, but EVERY show i've ever watched in my life has plot holes. i could point out loads of plot holes from lost, all the stargate franchises, prison break, flashforward and don't get me started on heroes. even my favourite show of all time BSG had some. just go watch something you like & be happy. why waste your time moaning about a show you don't like, to people you don't know, who probably don't care about your opinion? am i wrong?

Thank you. Unfortunately, there are some people who enjoy spoiling things for others and those are the ones who won't go away.

steffi_totti

[15]Apr 25, 2010
    • level: 9
    I didn't watch the original, but I'm loving this show. The entire plot comes off as believable, and I like the division between pro Vs and anti Vs. I hope more Americans are watching it.