V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Is "V" worth watching despite cancellation?

darktx2005

[1]May 15, 2011
    • level: 1

So I've been meaning to watch "V" since it started last season. I never got around to and I now I hear it's canceled after two seasons. I hear there is a big cliffhanger in the Season 2 finale. Is it worth watching or is the cliffhanger bad enough that it's not worth the time?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

RizNYC

[2]May 17, 2011
    • level: 5
    Like season 1, the show is watchable in season 2. If you know the show, the bar will not be too high. So I'd say give it a shot.

thedevilsend

[3]May 17, 2011
    • level: 3

yes it is the reason the show didnt get the ratings is because they kept sayin we are at peace always and it didnt show any cool parts in the previews of the next episode i think they should renew it fo a 3rd season then end it because they need to answer the cliff hanger. if they want to start it up again all they need to do to spark intrest is to have a preview of the earth alliance shooting down some of these invading space craft and of course get rid of the morals crap you are fighting a war against high tech aliens who are out to inbreed with your race so stop playing nice and well in the words of sparticus kill them all except for the good ones

gosainters

[4]May 18, 2011
    • level: 11

Yes it is worth watching....but..... if you do, you'd just be as frustrated as the rest of us because it was starting to get really good, with a good cliff hanger...so whats the point!!!!!

netgoddess

[5]May 18, 2011
    • level: 10
    The show is worth watching, you can enjoy the ride.

It manages to capture suspense and keep you interested.

This show has tons of flaws and is nowhere near as well thought out or executed as great shows like 24 or LOST or Fringe or Supernatural or Stargate. So don't expect it to be the best show on TV or anything. But it does have good acting for Anna and Erica, it does have plenty of action and suspense and tension and plot twists. The CGI is not bad IMO, I mean it isn't hollywood quality CGI but it doesn't distract from the story like cheesy bad CGI. The plots are a bit contrived and unrealistic, but the show is entertaining enough to invest a few hours for popcorn entertainment.

so it's not a masterpiece or the world's greatest show, but it's not bad for what it is.

Unlike shows such as Journeyman and Terminator and SGU I don't feel ripped off or cheated about the show getting canceled. I'd happily watch a season 3 if it was produced but I won't lose any sleep over cancellation.

I guess my point is that the show is plenty entertaining and enjoyable, and it is not a waste of time to watch it, but don't set your expectations too high, it is not a masterpiece, but there is enough novelty to not feel bilked.

elias_jacobson

[6]Aug 8, 2011
    • level: 5
    It would have been worth watching if it had a proper ending. Now I have a "Flash Forward" taste in my mouth.

fflea

[7]Aug 13, 2011
    • level: 4

Yes, definately!

HaloBoyscp

[8]Oct 4, 2011
    it is not worth to watch at all as long as its end is just too stupid.
    That's why I am not watching any american serie anymore. they keep cancelling everything

KamilWielgus

[9]Oct 21, 2011
    cant stand it..... maybe here in poland they make crapy tv shows... but it doesnt matter ppl watch it or not... they are making full seasons... they dont cut after 4 episodes like in "playboy club". Sooo fu*** pathetic :/

do You remember tv show called JERICHO... omg.. .that was sooo original... and great...