V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

Looks Absolutley Terrible

AnthonyAngle

[1]May 25, 2009
    • level: 1
    Sorry to all of you looking forward to this one, but I think it looks absolutley awful. I watched the two sneak peek videos and I was absolutley appauled. The effects look horrible, the cast is just plain BAD (main character is Juliet from LOST... Juliet is TERRIBLE), the plot just looks dumb. Ugh, I don't know what I'm going to do if Flash Forward is a flop too.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Burstrush

[2]May 26, 2009
    • level: 8
    Thats some pretty rough arguments for 2 shows that havent even started yet. I think the cast from V is great, juliet from lost, some 4400 people, and firefly. I actually looking forward to V and even Flash Forward, so i'm willing to give it a chance, and comment later on the cast/plot if i actually seen some epi's :p
    Edited on 05/26/2009 3:55am

VConn

[3]May 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    There is a 2nd preview? Must have missed it anyone got the link?

VConn

[4]May 26, 2009
    • level: 17
    Okay never mind I just seen it though it isn't as good as the 1st preview clip. Must say though on a semi-related note I'm not loving Morena Baccarin's new hairstyle I didn't even realise it was her in the first clip until I seen her in Numb3rs last week (Here in Australia), She looks so much better with long hair and it seems a shame that she decided to go with a Winona Ryder (In Alien Resurrection) hairdo once she was finished with FIREFLY and STARGATE SG1, She looks almost manly with that hairdo and I don't know about everyone else but I'd be much easier to enslave if she were still sporting that beautiful long hair.

DojinFan_2K

[6]May 29, 2009
    • level: 12
    I wouldn't say that just yet. I'm sure the producers have "Reimagined" the show from its humble version from the 80's. Let's wait and see how it will turn out.

marvelfan89

[7]Jun 3, 2009
    • level: 39

I don't mind people bashing it before they see it. They are remaking a cult classic after all. It looks like they are following the same plot which is good. Trailers are really deceptive. I'll tune in.

Edited on 06/03/2009 6:26pm

ana_jovanovic

[8]Jun 7, 2009
    VConn wrote:
    She looks almost manly with that hairdo and I don't know about everyone else but I'd be much easier to enslave if she were still sporting that beautiful long hair.

I think she looks perfect. With short short hair she has that androgynous appeal that no man or woman can resist With long hair she is too perfect a woman, so women automatically hate her

ana_jovanovic

[9]Jun 7, 2009
    BTW I refuse to pass judgement on a show that I've only seen previews for. The only thing a preview can do is either make me wanna check out the show or not.

kok_warlock

[10]Jun 12, 2009
    • level: 11
    Actually, I also dind't like the fact they casted Elizabeth Mitchel(Juliet from Lost) as the main character, I've seen some of her work, and I find her very average in acting, not very attractive, and a bit annoying, Joel Gretsch also didn't seem to be very believable as a priest, he usually looks better as the villain.

But overall, this show looked pretty good, then again trailers usually show the best of it, Flash Forward on the other hand, looked pretty lame tho, but it's just some sneak peeks and trailers, you can't tell from those, the two might be awesome or might tank, we'll only know after we've seen some episodes.

TvFreak7

[11]Jun 16, 2009
    • level: 26
    Actually I am so happy they casted Juliet as the main character. The only part i dislike about her being the main character on this show is what it means for her character on LOST. I hope V and Flash Forward are both amazing are are ABC's next hits.

efc91

[12]Jul 22, 2009
    • level: 39

This doesnt look as good as Flash Forward but I think it still looks like a decent show and Elizabeth Mitchell is a great actress.

TvFreak7

[13]Aug 11, 2009
    • level: 26
    efc91 wrote:

This doesnt look as good as Flash Forward but I think it still looks like a decent show and Elizabeth Mitchell is a great actress.

Yeah FlashForward defintely looks better than V, but it does look decent and i will check it out cuz i love Elizabeth Mitchell.

KingofIPirates

[14]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 32
    AnthonyAngle wrote:
    Sorry to all of you looking forward to this one, but I think it looks absolutley awful. I watched the two sneak peek videos and I was absolutley appauled. The effects look horrible, the cast is just plain BAD (main character is Juliet from LOST... Juliet is TERRIBLE), the plot just looks dumb. Ugh, I don't know what I'm going to do if Flash Forward is a flop too.
    You need to get a new prescription. Previews look phenomenal

friendserking

[15]Sep 7, 2009
    • level: 13
    This show looks interesting, but Im more excited for the new show on TNT that Steven Spielberg and Noah Wylie are doing I just wish it was coming out as soon as this. They both have the same general story plot, but I like Noah Wylie teaming with Spielberg more than this cast, but who knows I will for sure give this show a shot hope its good.

DonaldCholak

[16]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    Do you even watch shows like this? Sorry I thought it looked pretty good too... maybe they should just make another CSI show for ya. Maybe you would like that. Or maybe another Survivor show. Hey, I got an idea... lets try watching the entire thing before passing judgement or maybe just not trying to get people not to watch something just cus it takes viewers away from dancin with the stars... How bout that? Just sayin.

jdulmage

[17]Nov 1, 2009
    It's Earth: Final Conflict all over again. Alien visitors land on Earth with a promise of peace. There's an FBI agent and a resistance movement. It sounds exactly like E:FC and that lasted for 5 seasons despite the show going down the tubes at the start of Season 4.

This will last if people give it a chance.

Maxximus_Prime

[18]Nov 2, 2009
    Funny how people are crapping on it and it hasn't even aired yet. I'm going to give it a chance and then pass judgment. Besides, we should all be thankful that it's not another stupid reality show that's been the ruination of TV.

InvasionFanbOy

[19]Nov 3, 2009
    Maxximus_Prime wrote:
    Funny how people are crapping on it and it hasn't even aired yet. I'm going to give it a chance and then pass judgment. Besides, we should all be thankful that it's not another stupid reality show that's been the ruination of TV.

dont you understand it is the people that like these "stupid reality show", that put the new v tv serie down.

kok_warlock

[20]Nov 3, 2009
    • level: 11
    Let's just hope it's good, because after Flash Forward turned out to be a piece of crap, I could use some good sci-fi show.