V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

This is getting sillier by the episode...... (some spoilers)

aktarian

[1]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 5

First of all, 5th coloumn.

1. Secret groups don't act like that. Everybody knowing everybody is not a good idea. Neither is everybody knowing every detail of the plans.

2. You don't take in people who just mention they want in. And you don't letthem in on all the plans and introduce everybody.

3. You don't put all your eggs in one basket. Using same place as communication centre, weapons storage, sleeping quarters and interrogation room is not a good idea.

4. Vs are aliens. Remember that. They may dislike their leaders but they are different species. Their species surviving will take precendes over everything.

The only reason they were not wiped out within days is that Vs match their stupidity

1.1. Once you learn your leader is about to be assassinated you get her out ASAP. You don't have her stand just inside shuttle with ramp down.

1.2. It's also not a good idea for her to be walking around in the open later

2. You have cameras that can fit within a ribbon of cloth but don't intall them in critical parts ofyour ship, such as soldier breeding room, blue energy batteries storage....

3. Once you start suspecting peopleare on to something or are vocal in their opposition you place them under surveilance.

Few other things I noticed:

-Vs became aware of humans once we detonated our first nuclear bomb (1945). Ignoring the fact how they were able to spot it from any great distance and distinguish from simialr processes in stars they arrived within few years (V whose body is discovered laterdies), established large enough network of people to both gather information and cover for each other so that by early 1990s they were able to start experiments on human genome and knew enough to actully pull them off.

-Once Vs started to move among people openly (S1) nobody figured that since they look like humans they could have done that already

-Having a huge command centre under Manhattan? Right under one a V ship? why not use some military base in the middle of nowhere?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

roams

[2]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 6

Agreed.

This show is completely impossible.
    And you have people answering "It's scifi.... not reality stupid... not everything will make sense".
    I feel the show is written for these... people.
    And I have a pretty low opinion of these people.

The upside for me is that they've written a finale that would pretty much let them re-conceive the whole show aside from Anna/Erica...
    If they come back, it's gotta be with a clean slate and a whole new writers team.

Edited on 03/16/2011 4:31pm

Canada_Michael

[3]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 10
    The problem with doing a partial reset is your basically admitting you screwed up the first 2 seasons, & are asking for a second chance. Why would anyone give these guys a second chance, to burn through more money?

I think Val/Ryan & Lisa/Tyler were supposed to provide a personal connection between visitors and humans, & a reason for both groups to join together & fight Anna. They screwed up Ryan/Val so badly that Ryan had no reaction to her murder & didn't cry at her funeral. Tyler was so mishandled by the writers he became one of the most hated characters on the show, & rightly so. We kept hearing Lisa loved Tyler, but really very little in the way of her actions proved it. Oh yeah Tyler is safe don't worry, safe to Lisa being on a shuttle with other V's which is returning to the mothership LOL. Without establishing some strong believable personal relationships between the V's & humans all that's left is Erica & her band of merry men hopelessly out gunned & outnumbered.

To be honest the original mini series was good, but the series that followed wasn't. What happened here in my opinion was some execs thought V would succeed now because of better special effects. In reality the original series failed because there just isn't enough plot to have a long lasting series.

roams

[4]Mar 18, 2011

Canada_Michael wrote:
    Why would anyone give these guys a second chance, to burn through more money?

I think the point is not to give the second chance not to "these" guys ... but to "new" guys.

Otherwise... you're absolutely right.
    They don't deserve a second chance.

But honestly I don't think ABC can do it. There has to be something wrong with them.
    I mean can you imagine how this show would have turned out were it made for HBO or Starz?

Edited on 03/18/2011 8:44am

Canada_Michael

[5]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 10
    I agree I don't see ABC doing it, there would be little motivation for them to start over with a new team. I wouldn't want to be the person responsible for green lighting a season 3 just to have it fail .

HBO would do a better job because they wouldn't have a problem with it being a limited series or a mini series. If your not trying to drag out plots to fill time then you will tell a better story. If HBO did it we would probably have all out war well before the end of season 1, & humans would have more overt V allies. Lisa, Ryan & other sympathetic V's would challenge Anna openly by the end of season 1, & get the resistance some V tech that they badly need to even have a chance at winning. At that pace it may only last 2 seasons but what an enjoyable ride it would be.

cmtprkl

[6]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 7
    this show had potential.. but with poor acting , poor visual effects and truly childish scenario.. it shouldnt have made it to season 2.. i guess it would be a miracle to see season 3.. episode 10 was probably the end. but if they are eager to waste money and Vs that we loved before , they should focus on whats happening on the ground , not mothership. Cause seeing that ship with the worst green screen makes me sick. They should focus on the priest and Chad. All other actors are expendable.. they should have kicked out Tyler and Ryan way before.. i dont even wanna talk about Kyle. i have never seen an actor terrible at everything (voice , acting , look)

i watched all seasons just to get excited like i did when i first saw the visitors green skin back in the day or when they ate mouse. this show failed miserably and i am sorry to say that..

its funny that fifth column had to fight 2 seasons to earn governments "-mile-down-no-v-area`s trust. then it was too late.. im out.
    Cem.

alfridavella

[7]Mar 19, 2011
    • level: 12

sorry why all of you still watch it. If it is that silly, whyguys?

please if you just don`t like dont watch it. Simply as that.

For me I`m excited for season 3

roams

[8]Mar 19, 2011

alfridavella wrote:

We see this type of comment a lot...
    You know forums are not just for empty praises from devoted fans.
    If you don't like a critique you are free to argue against any thing said...

But I think everyone here has taken the time to validate their positions, they certainly don't deserved being "shushed".
    It's not like they are just stating their "reaction" or "emotional response" here...

Edited on 03/19/2011 4:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

jvann67

[9]Mar 19, 2011

I can't disagree with the critiques given here but I also can't seem to give up on the series either. I don't know if I'm hoping for season 3 or not, I just know I want something to happen. So far it has been 2 seasons of the V's always coming out on top in every scenario, which I find tedious to say the least. I know the angles of the storyline are off but I can't seem to get past the fact that I want us to at least score some kind of victory. I guess it comes down to the fact that I had such high hopes for this show and I keep waiting for them to deliver....I don't guess that's going to happen. You would think Hollywood might have figured it out by now, no matter what the special effects are, good or bad, it can never make a show...it takes good writing to succeed. I just hope they at least wrap it up and close it out. Seems the least they could do after I spent all that time watching every episode. Wish it would have lived up to my expectations.

aktarian

[10]Apr 3, 2011
    • level: 5

alfridavella wrote:

I watch it becaue I find the plot interesting and opening eps weren't bad. So I kept hoping that show will improve after it went downhill. Sadly that didn't happen but I decided to give it a chance because I hoped it will.

And you get to see reversed comments often. "Just because of few bad eps you gave up on the show?" Specially when shows get axed because of bad ratings......

GaryBridger

[11]Apr 10, 2011
    • level: 1

If you dont like it dont watch it I think its the best program ever , take allot for me to be glues to a program, hardly watch much TV . But V the first and second time and now this 3rd time , wow even better . But Oh boy I was so up set when it stopped with everyone getting zapped with the mental thing .

Of course it will go through to the end , got to do the red dust thing or something. Soon please . Im watching in Borneo Malaysia . Im Waiting!