V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

V has left the building.

Brunte81

[1]Dec 1, 2009
    • level: 8

Rates going down, less people for every episode. And now they take a 3 months long break to make it even worse for the show.

R.I.P V

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

boom-moo

[2]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 75
    I'll make sure to tune in if I actually get to know when it's back

wideboy-uk

[3]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 1
    cant belive its canned already was just gettin into it

motleylil

[4]Dec 9, 2009
    • level: 19
    It's not "canned". ABC wanted to begin with the first 4 episodes during the november sweeps, and since every show ends its seasons in May, it's going to come back in March for 8 episodes.

Brunte81

[5]Dec 10, 2009
    It would be better if they hold it until March and then start a real season... the old V has been out for years so why rush this poor remake?

kok_warlock

[6]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 11
    Brunte81 wrote:
    It would be better if they hold it until March and then start a real season... the old V has been out for years so why rush this poor remake?

I`m not sure if it'll get "canned" or not, but long before the 1st episode aired, it was already schedule to air only the first 4 episodes to build hype and then have a fall break, like most shows, and the continue with the remaining episodes.

MajorZod

[7]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 2
    I love this show but to only air four episodes and then go on hiatus is a very foolish decision.

boom-moo

[8]Dec 11, 2009
    MajorZod wrote:
    I love this show but to only air four episodes and then go on hiatus is a very foolish decision.
    I agree, hypes can be built as fast as people forget about them and tune into something else. I just hope we get a decent promotion to know when it's back.

Jacks_Son

[9]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 13
    REPEAT: The four episodes were the original plan. They wanted to see what the fans reactions were. Whether it was a foolish decision or not, it's what they planned. What's also in the plans is that when it returns, it will be paired with "Lost". "V" will be fine.

VConn

[10]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 17
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    REPEAT: The four episodes were the original plan. They wanted to see what the fans reactions were. Whether it was a foolish decision or not, it's what they planned. What's also in the plans is that when it returns, it will be paired with "Lost". "V" will be fine.

I must admit I was initially skeptical of the four episode streak followed by the 3 month break but it DOES make sense, As was mentioned in another post most shows go off air about now for a mid season break anyway so there's no reason why V should be any different, And when it returns for it's final 9(Not 8, 13 Total)on March 30 it should be even better than it was and hopefully the resistance/5th column will start getting organized and start killing some lizards!

The only thing that has me worried is it's due to air at 10pm after LOST and I think that could pose one potential problem:

* How many people are going to want to stay up until 11pm watching it? Hopefully lots and lots and lots of people but putting any show on at that time slot is a dangerous venture at any time. I just hope this late time slot doesn't mean a huge dip in ratings which ultimately leads to cancellation though hopefully the last season of LOST will be worth the hype and most of its audience will stick around for V which ultimately will lead to season extension or even better outright renewal.

MajorZod

[11]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    I just don't like waiting! :p

Scarzaster

[12]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 6
    Pathetic... Evidently ABC is the worst network anyways they only know how to ruin shows and piss audiences off!!!!

boom-moo

[13]Dec 12, 2009
    VConn wrote:
    I must admit I was initially skeptical of the four episode streak followed by the 3 month break but it DOES make sense, As was mentioned in another post most shows go off air about now for a mid season break anyway so there's no reason why V should be any different
    Well, it does make sense that V runs together with the other shows and goes on hiatus together with the other shows, but it is not mid season as with the other shows, that's what makes it weird. I didn't know it'll be back on Marth 30th, thanks for that. The timing doesn't sound like the best though.

InvasionFanbOy

[14]Dec 16, 2009
    when lost comes back as other here says. it is all over for the "v" series... the four episodes was just a test to see how many was interested, and if they could make money of it. viewers have gone down with every episode so its allready been canned.

Jacks_Son

[15]Dec 17, 2009

InvasionFanbOy wrote:
    when lost comes back as other here says. it is all over for the "v" series... the four episodes was just a test to see how many was interested, and if they could make money of it. viewers have gone down with every episode so its allready been canned.

So, the fact that when Lost comes back and the network is going to pair it with V, means what, in your mind?

InvasionFanbOy

[16]Dec 21, 2009
    compare v with lost are you nuts?... when lost is back people have forgot the v crap show, period...

Jacks_Son

[17]Dec 21, 2009

InvasionFanbOy wrote:
    compare v with lost are you nuts?... when lost is back people have forgot the v crap show, period...

I didn't say "compare", I said the network will PAIR V with Lost. V willl air at 8 PM, and Lost will air at 9 PM. Back to back.

Brunte81

[18]Dec 22, 2009

Even if it was a plan from start to only air 4 episodes, DON'T MAKE I BETTER!

boom-moo

[19]Dec 23, 2009
    Jacks_Son wrote:
    the network will PAIR V with Lost. V willl air at 8 PM, and Lost will air at 9 PM. Back to back.
    Might be a good thing so people remain sat and tuned and don't feel the need to flip channels.

jaesunsk

[20]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 5
    sure, but all the shows are coming back in Jan, not Mar/Apr. Too long of a break