V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

V has left the building.

McTrooperNow

[21]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    motleylil wrote:
    It's not "canned". ABC wanted to begin with the first 4 episodes during the november sweeps, and since every show ends its seasons in May, it's going to come back in March for 8 episodes.
    But this holding back until March 30, 2010 is going to kill the show. This should never be done with the first season of a show! It's TV suicide. V is already very slow compared to the mini-series and this slows it down even further. I'll tune in next year, but I'm sure it wont survive to season 2.
    Jacks_Son wrote:

InvasionFanbOy wrote:
    when lost comes back as other here says. it is all over for the "v" series... the four episodes was just a test to see how many was interested, and if they could make money of it. viewers have gone down with every episode so its allready been canned.

So, the fact that when Lost comes back and the network is going to pair it with V, means what, in your mind?

Paired with Lost. . . that's a lost cause. Lost seems to have become lost in it's own MacGuffin based story line. The plot is so complex that it's not getting new veiwers.

The V and Lost duo will die in unmarked graves saddly.

Edited on 12/23/2009 6:14pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[22]Dec 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    Eh.. This is already Losts final season.

guytwo

[23]Mar 11, 2010
    • level: 7
    V is coming back, "yes." Do I care, "no" But I want to, I just don't. But I'll try.

farscapefanuk

[24]Mar 13, 2010
    • level: 32
    Actually, episodes 3 and 4 had the same ratings 3.2 in the demo. When it comes back on the 30th if it holds them demos it will be renewed. Considering it has lost as a lead in which gets 5.0-4.0 in the demos this could also help V out. I wouldnt count the show out just yet.

antdude

[25]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 28
    farscapefanuk wrote:
    Actually, episodes 3 and 4 had the same ratings 3.2 in the demo. When it comes back on the 30th if it holds them demos it will be renewed. Considering it has lost as a lead in which gets 5.0-4.0 in the demos this could also help V out. I wouldnt count the show out just yet.
    ABC went crazy with V even showing during tonight's Lost episode with that huge annoying red V and a timer.

TesserT

[26]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 80
    tvbythenumbers overnight ratings (no DVRs) for Mar 30

Demo numbers were down 6% from last episode in the fall - lost 1+ mil viewers in the 2nd half hour.

10-10:30pm: 7.809 mil viewers; 18-49 demo: 3.2/9
    10:30-11pm: 6.765 mil viewers; 18-49 demo: 2.7/8

drJuris

[27]Mar 31, 2010
    • level: 6

Those are still fantastic numbers, given the nearly 5-month hiatus. I'm still on the fence about getting reinvested in the show as I'm convinced it'll get canceled, but I really hope it stays the course. Doomed or not, it's still a fun watch.