V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

V Season 3?

Daniel-Jackson

[1]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 9

This questions seems rather obvious and so I am very confused about not being able to dig up any real info on this:

Is V being renewed for a 3rd season or is tonight's episode the series finale?

AFAIK this episode is going to end on a cliffhanger since the producers where confident that they would get a third season at some point but all of the very few discussions or news about it just come up with a maybe or maybe not. So what is the current situation? Does anyone have ANY real info at all?

Are they making season 3?

Are they still considering?

Did they scrub the plans and didn't tell anyone so the ratings wouldn't drop?

I would really hate to see this show go as I kind of enjoy it, especially with Laura Vandervoort in it ^^

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lblanime

[2]Mar 15, 2011
    • level: 1

There's no official words at the moment

But you are right, It does end in a cliffhanger and One of the original cast from V is in tonights episode

I personally hope for a season 3 but it could be up till May before we hear anything

Daniel-Jackson

[4]Mar 16, 2011

OMG !

And I thought it was bad how they did this on Stargate. At least there we know that the season finale is going to be a series finale (still hoping the producers can make something possible though).

But with V... the season is over and we don't even have a clue if we're ever going to see these characters again? The finale was great and it's a pretty good setup for a season 3... let's hope that we will see it.

puppybunny1

[5]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 13

I would be really surprised that there is a season 3 after this finale. It was so hyped, but the real product was so bad. I was totally disappointed. I feel badly for the actors who have real talents. The writers on this show should follow the Supernatural teams around. Those people can really put a sci-fi show together.

RobinRyschlic

[6]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 2
    I absolutely agree. If they really need to make a third season, fire all the writers and get at least decent ones. Please. The scripting is beyond bad and the show actually has it's potential.

roams

[7]Mar 16, 2011
    • level: 6

RobinRyschlic wrote:
    I absolutely agree. If they really need to make a third season, fire all the writers and get at least decent ones. Please. The scripting is beyond bad and the show actually has it's potential.

I agree... the scripts for season 2 were terribad.
    If they do a 3rd season they need a new team... or just don't renew.

The one great thing about this finale is that it wipes the slate clean. TABULA RASA!

-Tyler is dead.
    -Vs are no longer here for reproduction.
    -There's no more reasons to talk about souls.
    -They can do whatever they want with Lisa now
    -They get to have a whole new cast of "good guys" if they want.

kanniballl

[8]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 18

roams wrote:

The one great thing about this finale is that it wipes the slate clean. TABULA RASA!

-Tyler is dead.
    -Vs are no longer here for reproduction.
    -There's no more reasons to talk about souls.
    -They can do whatever they want with Lisa now
    -They get to have a whole new cast of "good guys" if they want.

How are the Vs not here for reproduction anymore? New-Lisa just screwed Tyler, a major milestone for Anna. I don't recall anyone saying they're changing their plans, just enhancing it via Bliss.

roams

[9]Mar 17, 2011

Lisa2 and Tyler did the wild thing no?
    We should have a new V generation in the oven.
    Of course... reproduction never goes away 100% but maybe now it can take a back seat seeing as the whole masterplan of selecting DNA and put it in an empty shell of a character to have him mate with the lizard princess is done.

Maybe we can go totally cliché and have the Vs turn humans in a 1984-like bliss controlled slave race while converting our atmosphere so they don't need human skins.
    It would be an improvement from this season.

Edited on 03/17/2011 11:58am

bdancer99

[10]Mar 17, 2011
    • level: 11

right now idon't think it'sbeen decided yet, but i hope they do because i hate it at the end of a season theres a cliffhanger and then they don't make another season because then your left not knowing what would have happened

christabel81

[11]Mar 18, 2011
    • level: 3
    1st.. i'll be damn p!ssed if they dun make season 3!!! LOL

finally... I CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anthuk

[12]Mar 20, 2011
    I honestly think this series was brilliant in comparison to the previous, and I loved how you didn't know who's side each of the main characters were on...

Diana was a great edition, a V queen who actually thought embracing human emotion was a good thing for their species - brilliant!

I think if they do get a third series we need to see Lisa escape from the mothership, and filled with anger and hate towards her mother for killing the man she loved (tylor) she become an active part of the 5th column...

She can then begin to really kick ass, and attempt to kill Anna and save both species - the Vs and Humans

Daniel-Jackson

[13]Mar 20, 2011

Well I don't see why all of you think that the writing is that bad. Just because it's not on par with the best of the best in TV writing doesn't mean it's bad. I think the writing is pretty solid, except for the occasional hick-up. That stuff with the soul was stupid but from the way they shifted attention away from that I guess they realized it too. They also should have given hints at that super-secret underground goverment facility to make it appear less forced into the story in the finally.

I really like this show, beginning with it's premise, to the actors and even how the show develops. For a change humans are not the undefeatable things they usually are in Sci Fi shows. Even if they don't make mistakes their plans have a tendency to go awry which wouldn't be surprising considering how advanced their enemy is.

There's a lot of potential left in V (and of course some room for improvement on the day to day operation of it). I would really like to see it continue, even if it would just be to keep Laura Vandervoort on the air. Just imagine a showoff between Lisa and Lisa 2... maybe we can add some mud to that, as well ;-)

bkyle2429

[14]Mar 20, 2011
    • level: 15

I just sent ABC an email, and begged for them to renew V, I love this remake this so much better than the original, its too bad that they killed Diana off (so it appears) but I dont think that Marc Singer would sign on for only one episode

fredbalsdon

[15]Mar 20, 2011
    But you are right, It does end in a cliffhanger and One of the original cast from V is in tonights episode there was two cast members form the original on the last show marc singer and Jane Badler

LeshaPavlis

[16]Mar 21, 2011

It's always hard for me to tell which shows are going to make it past a couple seasons. I loved Dark Angel and Firefly, and neither of those made it past season 2, sadly. So if my taste in TV is anything to go by, we might be in trouble. But all of that aside, I'm hoping I don't get my heart broken again with an early ending on this one. I really love this show and enjoy the little intricate parallels to extreme conspiracy theories about government/corrupt "protectors" and intelligent Aliens influencing earth. I really want to know where the show is headed, and would love to see the writers draw inspiration from some of the topics and theories that are going around about Alien disclosure, multiple time lines, earth changes and human ascension.

This is a great show in my book, it baffles me as to how shows like The Ghost Whisperer and Supernatural have lasted so long on such basic story lines, granted 2 exceptionally hot young men and Jennifer's rack help them along, but V has far more intrigue and relative content to our age, the women in the show are stunning and strong characters, the only thing it lacks is a couple of male sex symbols - all of this relating to ratings of course, I'm absolutely happy with the show as it is, any show that is driven by a female cast is awesome! But I guess it can't hurt to take care of the man eye candy also.. And yes Mr Aussie Kyle Hobbes bad boy hunk doesn't do it for me, I'm Australian, they all look and sound like that over here. lol.

But if it were a vote, I'd definitely be in support of season 3 and beyond!

MrBovineOrdure

[17]Mar 23, 2011

I like the show (A LOT better than the original) but like most continuing story-line shows, it'll probably get the axe.

According to Aint-it-cool news.... http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48885

Mr BO

BadWolf_35

[18]Mar 23, 2011
    • level: 14
    I really hope they make a season 3.. its bad enough waiting till next year, let alone never knowing what would happen!

furiousfunk

[19]Mar 24, 2011
    • level: 13
    The ratings have been poor and since they did not support the show and they only gave them a 10 episode season, I doubt if they will renew the show. SciFi shows get crapped on when they can get a group of drunken morons, hand them a camera and make a Jersey Shore for a few hundred thousand instead of my quality shows for a million an episode.

aredo3604

[20]Mar 24, 2011

http://www.comic-con.org/wc/wc_search_results.php?strShow=29&strRec=3254

Sunday, April 3

2:30-3:15 V Special Video Presentation and Cast/Producer Q&A— The Visitors take San Francisco! Fresh off the jaw-dropping second season finale of V, series star Elizabeth Mitchell (Lost) and a V executive producer will dish on the year that was -- and will tease what is to come in the epic battle for survival between the Visitors and the human race. V is produced by HDFilms in association with Warner Bros. Television. EsplanadeBallroom