V Forums

ABC (ended 2011)

What exactly is this show about?

JasmineHR

[1]May 19, 2009
    • level: 35
    The Episode Summary is very short and I'm interested in knowing what this show is about. I know it's a remake so can someone tell me what the original was like/about? I'm also loving the cast... "Firefly" and "Lost" alumni... my two favorite shows!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

maritimer00

[2]May 20, 2009
    • level: 71

The original series revolved around an alien race coming to earth in HUGE spaceships looking for help for their race and offering to make amazing technologies and benefits to all of Earth. However, it is discovered that the aliens actually view Earth and its people as something to be conquered and its people as food. People start disappearing who are targeted by the aliens for their intellectual standings. Some are brainwashed and sent back to Earth to 'spread the word' while there are some who willing collaborate with the aliens in return for wealth and power. A resistance forms and the struggle for Earth begins...

The original V was originally broadcast as several mini-series and pulled in huge ratings at the time. However, the move to a weekly ep series turned out poorly as the writing faltered despite some very good cast members (Jane Badler and Michael Ironside stood out for different reasons and there were others).

This remake could be very cool if done right...

slcrum

[3]May 22, 2009
    • level: 25
    They were also big lizards disguised as humanoids. Then, that led to some interesting cross-breeding and a 'chosen one' from the alien prophecies who would liberate their people. Freddy Krueger star Robert Englund was my favorite from the original as the lovable alien Willy.

Vadsomhelst

[4]May 22, 2009
    • level: 10

Well, go to youtube, they have short teasers.

/Honken

charley28

[5]May 22, 2009
    • level: 66

That's all you've got to say.. Jane Badler.. I so loved her. I wonder if Kenneth Johnson has anything to do with this? Did he have any input on it. I mean, they are basing this off of his creation.. Wonder how the Next Generation movie is going to work out..

maritimer00 wrote:
    very good cast members (Jane Badler

JasmineHR

[6]May 22, 2009
    • level: 35
    Wow, thanks for the great responses! Definitely sounds like a very interesting concept and well worth a remake.