V

It's Only the Beginning

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Nov 24, 2009 on ABC

7.1
  • Erica finds out that Ryan is a V when Peter tries to kill a V and reveal his true nature. Also the resistance finds out that the V are poisoning the flu vaccine. Lisa invites Tyler to meet and speak with her mother. Valerie is pregnant by Ryan.

This was an improvement over the first three episodes. The episode moved with a better flow and we begin to really understand the truly vicious nature of the V.

When Anna orders Joshua to skin the V traitor alive one begins to understand the true nature of this species. They not only dominate other species, but they dominate their own people by fear as well.

Tyler is more than a little surprised when Lisa's mother turns out to be Anna herself. For some reason I think they are interested in trying to produce offspring or something of that type with the humans. I believe they are setting Lisa and Tyler up to do just that. Little do they know it has already successfully happened with Valerie and Ryan. The look on Ryan's face was priceless when Valerie told him.

Speaking of Ryan, Erica finds out that he is a V and their relationship actually seems to become more relaxed. Their strike against the medical facility with Jack really was a blow to the V and somewhat surprising.

The little piece they let us be privy to at the end was ominous at best. Are all those ships on their way here or is that just an example of the force the V's have at their disposal? This is definitely a change from the original series.

So still a little slow and ponderous. An improvement on the first three episodes with some interesting action and a clearer idea of the lines of demarcation between the good guys and the bad guys. We'll also see how many people return to see the episodes when they start up again in March. Thanks for reading...