V

John May

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 13, 2010 on ABC

7.9
  • Some good action, and a few interesting twists and discoveries.

I guess the writers paid some attention to us and ramped the action a bit, as well as a few surprises. The guy Tyler calls Dad is not really his biological father, screwing up Erica's plans to keep him safe from the Vs. I am really tired of hearing "Tyler's the one", at least give us hint here man.

Bliss is what forced many of the V's, John May included to form the resistance. Many of the Vs found experiencing Human emotions much more "satisfying" then Anna's bliss. Sadly, John May is just an idea, the guy himself was killed ten years ago by none other then Ryan. So much for Johnny boy fighting with the resistance; I was looking forward to that.

Two things of particular interest happen in this episode; Val finds out that Ryan is not what he tells her to be. She discovers a safe that has documents of Ryan's past aliases and those baby sonogram pictures. The poor guy wants to come clean but before he has a chance, she's gone. Chad discovers a trend in the selection of participants for the live-aboard program, and confronts Anna about it. Hmm… now this could be interesting.

Georgie is being tortured for information however the resistance gets a message to the V doctor if he can help. For a race that has the tech to read minds and project the memories onto others, they don't seem too particular about monitoring what is going on their ships. The doctor is able to give Georgie a merciful death after he says the longest goodbye ever. I mean seriously?

The message "John May lives" has sparked all sorts of rumors and stories amongst the Vs and Humans giving Anna the perfect opportunity to deliver one of her many empty threats, and I particular liked this one (yeah right!) – "I am going to give them a thousand defeats".

Overall, a much better episode then Pound of Flesh but I fear the writers will have to do a lot better to survive.