V

Red Rain

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Jan 04, 2011 on ABC

• The series climbs up a notch and brings us closer to the grand scheme of things.

What started out as an exposition in the very short season one, culminates in the beginning of this season (apparently the same case this time in length, which brings me to think about production values), where the plot seems to actually move forward with the resistance growing and more alien sightings. I admit that seeing first season's birth of the alien hybrid was kind of downer, since the mini-series of the 80's in that term was spookier. Here you only catch a glympse of a tail (pretty destructive tail, as seen in season two opener).

As news about the red skies began to spread, I expected to see growth in terms of worldwide resistance riots, much like the original miniseries, yet this time it was brief. Hope the remainder of this series will prove worth watching.

And finally, IMO, what will surely make a classic moment in sci-fi history is the final scene with the (re)introduction of Diana. It was just epic, musically and atmospherically.