V

TesserT

V Fan Reviews (72)

7.9
  • The Ultimate Movie Review! -- @tss5078

V stands for Visitors and it is one of the best show that you've never watched. Most fans of the original series weren't happy when they learned that V (2009) would be a re-imagining of the franchise as opposed to a modern day re-creation of the show, but that didn't stop them from watching it. V was the highest rated premier of any new show on any network in 2009, but as usual, ABC managed to screw it up. The show premiered with 14 million viewers and kept it's audience over it's first four episodes. ABC, in their infinite stupidity, decided to keep the fans hungry for more, and decided to hold the next eight episodes until nearly four months later! By that time, more than half the audience was gone and the show was barely renewed for a second season, but thank God it was, because as good as the premiere season was, the second season was ten times better! It wasn't until almost a year later that ABC decided to air the second season of V and the numbers were decent, but not enough to motivate the network into renewing the expensive show. The fans launched a huge campaign to try and save the show and to ABC's credit, they did try to sell it to another network, but ultimately failed to do so and V became another Nielsen casualty. As for the show itself, it had some similarities, but was ultimately very different than the original 1983 version. On a random day, at a random time, 29 alien ships appear over major Earth cities. Shortly thereafter, a beautiful woman appears explaining that they are peaceful beings who are here to help us and give the people of Earth some amazing gifts, but as always there's a twist. We learn that Visitors or V's are actually highly aggressive, reptilian creatures, who have been on Earth, disguised as humans, for years. Many have kept their cover, while others have learned to experience human emotion. These emotions have led them to join up with the human and rebel against their queen. The star of the show is Elizabeth Mitchell, better known as Juliette from Lost. She plays an FBI agent who doesn't trust the visitors and wants to find out what they're really doing here and I can honestly say that she makes the show. If you thought she was good as Juliette, wait until you meet Erica, a smart, tough, fearless woman who will do whatever it takes to find the truth and protect her family. She is joined by an outspoken priest, a rebellious V, and a wanted terrorist, as together they form their own resistance cell. The leader of the V's is Anna (Morena Baccarin), and yes, she is the daughter of Diana from the original series, and that's how the two series are linked. Diana was a pretty tough character, but Anna is absolutely ruthless. She has no limits and is willing to do anything to achieve her goals. She trusts no one and won't let anyone get in her way, even the people she loves the most. The first season is really about discovering who the V's are and seeing how ruthless, cunning, and cold they can be. The second season is more about getting inside the resistance and seeing why they are fighting and what they are fighting for. As you all know, I am a huge science fiction fan and I have no problem saying that this may have been the best sci-fi show to come along in the last twenty years. The writing is just incredible and when you pair that with acting that is just utterly mind-blowing, it's a recipe for a show that can't be missed. V had the potential to be the show that changed the very face of TV Science Fiction forever. I am not exaggerating when I say this, because this show really was that good. It is so imaginative and exciting, like a soap opera and action movie combined with the unique and unusual genre that is the essence of science fiction. There wasn't a single episode of this series that I didn't love, the cast is as good as a cast can be, and the writing is the kind of creative stuff that Hugo and Saturn awards are made of. V was the heart and soul of a potential Sci-Fi return to the top of network television, but they made the mistake of putting it on ABC and for that V paid with it's life.
  • What is wrong with people these days. Everyone is being so picky!!! It seems people hate good scripted shows and people want crappy scripted shows. First it was firefly, terminator the sarah conner chronicles, then V might be next! Come on people relax!

The heck with good scripted shows and just have fake reality tv all day. Come one people stop hating on it and comparing it to the original. The show isn't slow by any means. They need to tell the story for the people that never watch the original. It can't be fast paced all the dang time. I'm tired of the shows that i like being canceled. Let's american idol type shows dominate or fake CSI dominate. Hell, to hell with syfy shows altogether. That show is slow, but yet people watches it all the time. Come i'm a huge syfy fan and i'm tired of my syfy shows getting cancel because people wants to complain so much. Startrek get's canceled, caprica is on the chopping block. Well I guess it's going to be semi-scripted reality shows taking over. And people most if not all reality shows arent' reality. Only the ignorant people thinks it's real. It seems people that watch syfy shows complained the most. No wonder shows like american idol dominates. Before we know it there won't be any good scripted syfy shows pretty soon. God I hope fringe will last more than 3 seasons.
  • "V" Needs to Be Done

This is the best show I have ever seen and I am 11. Me and my family got together and watched it. Movie is to good not to have an endng. SHOCKING
  • We are at war, always.

The battles of will between earthling leader Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell) and alien leader Anna (Morena Baccarin) are masterful. Both the writing and the acting.

They echo the death duel between Ellen Ripley and the Alien Queen in "Aliens."

Amazingly enough, the reimagined "V" is a dyed in the wool feminist film. Both the protagonist and the antagonist are females. These two powerful females will determine the fate of two entire species, one mammalian, the other reptilian.

Great writing is all about subtext, and these scenes had subtext up the wazoo. Take Anna's immortal line, "We are at peace, always." Since everything Anna said was a lie, what she really meant was "We are at war, always."

Too bad the series lost its sense of direction, hence forward momentum, during the middle episodes. Major failure to apply Story Structure 101. A real shame. Shouldn't have happened.

Fortunately the pilot and the last half dozen episodes, beginning with "Siege" and Erica Evans' "Saint Crispins Day speech," were absolutely stunning.

The conclusion was good as a season ending but terrible as a series ending. It all depends on whether the franchise can be revived at some time.

The series should be revived. But whoever takes charge must not allow the story to spin its wheels the way it did during the second half of season one and the first half of season two.
  • Great show, this 1 and the original also!

Zero points for ABC in canceling this awesome show. Who's going to bring it back? Come on, I dare you . . .
  • This show deserves a proper Ending

ABC failed to give a proper ending to its most popular shows like Alias or Lost... But I thought this show was going to be different. Specially after the finale of the 2nd season. They must bring it back for at-least 2 seasons of 12 episodes. I dont care which network brings it back but this show deserves a proper ending, a closure.
  • Please bring "V" back!!!!!

PLEASE!!!!! Bring it back, there are so many fans who would love for you to continue with the story! If ABC or the other networks do not wish to air it, perhaps you could put it on Sci-Fi, where it obviously belongs!! Regardless, the fans deserve to have it back (with the original cast members!) Thank you.
  • I need "V" back

Bring back this show. I was so anxious for the next season and this is it?!

This isn't the 1st time they do this. When a person is interested in the serie they end with it.

WE WANT IT BACK!!!
  • Bring v back

Bring v back,awesome program
  • WTF?!?

Today I saw the last episode of the 2nd seson and I can't believe the serie was canceled!!! ABC I HATE U!!!!! V it's a great show!!!!
  • Two or ten season, it doesn't matter.

I have seen one or two episode of V and I'll continue from the start to the end of the whole serie, two season or more ONLY if ABC will give a ending without any cliffhanger. As ERICAEDWIN also said a lot of other good serie have been canceled, and there is more. Don't forget Invasion, Witchblade, Surface, Point Pleasant and so on. I and a lot of people have get tired to follow some serie who get canceled.

There is a lot of new serie who looks of interest, but I don't wanna waste my time of another serie who will get canceled, and an ending after one or ten season with cliffhanger are not of our interest.

I don't say please cause I don't yet follow V, I only tell if V get an ending who ends the story where aliens or humans have won, I'll then watch the whole serie. Two or ten season, it doesn't matter, just give us a good story without any cliffhanger.

I've only rated it 8 because I just watch the one episode and like it very well.

I'll maybe then buy V on bluray too.

There are maybe too late to continue Surface, but there is still a chance for V.
  • Bring V back...

ABC did it again! Another good show canceled! Please bring V back or at least let us watch a good ending...
  • STUPID ABC [2]

There is NO reason to do this with the fans! Just make an episode to show us a DECENT END DAMMIT!

PLEASE, I'm ASKING you ABCowards!! continue the show!
  • V Series 3

I'm really getting fed up with ABC. every time I get into interested in a show they cancel it. I was really into V, and was sooo looking forward to series 3. they done the same thing with No Ordinary Family, Moonlight, Heroes, Terminator Sarah Conner Chronicles etc.
  • V season 3

Now ABC really suck if they are not bringing out a season 3 I just finished watching season 1&2 and was really starting to get into it ...... it's a good show so wtf
  • BEST SHOW EVER, WHY THE HELL IS IT CANCEL, STUPID ABC

I don't know why ABC Network even bother airing the show if they're not going to finish airing the who show, should have let some other network pick it up! ABC Network always do something ***ed like that, airing a show for 1 season then canceling it! This show has so much going then all the sudden its cancelled, thats some bull shit!
  • the v

So sick of actually enjoying a show and it gets canceled. Really i just can not believe that the v lost viewers it was getting so good!!!! So very upset.
  • ABC NEED TO COMMIT TO VIEWERS AND STOP BUCKLEING UNDER PRESSURE

I AM SO ANNOYED WITH ABC AS NEARLY EVERY GOOD SERIES THEY KILL AND SAY THAT THEY HAVE LOST VIEWERS THIS IS HAPPENING BECAUSE WE ALL NOW THEY AINT GOING TO COMPLETE A SERIES LIKE V AND THE EVENT THATS ONLY 2 OUT OF THE FIVE NOT BOTHERING WITH ABC ANYMORE STOPPED THE WHOLE FAMILY WATCHING ANY THING THEY MAKE HAVE NOT GOT THE TIME OR PATIENT FOR COMPANYS THAT ARE QUITTERS THIS IS FOR ME AND PROBERLY OTHERS WHY THEY LOSE VIEWERS AND WILL KEEP ON LOSING VIEWERS IN YEARS TO COME IF THEY SURVIVE THAT LONG LOTS OF FANTASTIC AMERICAN COMPANYS THAT RUN THERE SHOWS TO THE END AND NOT BUCKLE UNDER PRESSURE AFTER ALL WE ARE THE VIEWERS COME ON NETWORKS PICK UP WERE ABC HAVE RAN WITH TAILS BETWEEN THERE LEGS
  • Another network needs to pick this up before its toooo late!!!! This had so much going for it in the end!

Wow I really loved this show and can't believe they cancelled it just as it was getting really good and a whole new element of the show was revealed. I guess it ended better than most shows which are terminated prematurely. Sure there were some corny scenes and a little bad acting for some characters, however the concept of the show and the V's intentions were interesting. It was fun to see their plans unfolding and I wish we would have gotten to see more action like in the original series. I hope it will be brought back some how, but I enjoyed it while it lasted!!!!!!!
  • Well it was an interesting distraction while it lasted.

Well it was an interesting distraction while it lasted. You had a well know name, hot chicks, and well known tv faces. Sadly this was all it had as the story was weak pretty much depending on scifi cliches. Humanity was supposed to just believe the people from far away meant good save a few in the resistance. Some of the characters were written so poorly as to make you hate them. These characters would fall back on teenage angst and childishness. The son for example till the bitter end was all about mom ruined my life as opposed to the alien conspiracy that was going on around him. A really weak introduction of characters from the original series. They did well but the way they were written they ended up more as set pieces instead of pivotal the show plot. Reboots rarely go well and this is an example of when they go bad. You can't just take a popular name throw in some pretty faces and make a great show and hopefully the networks will learn this point one day.
  • I don't mind ABC cancelling the show as it wasn't better than "mediocre"...

Season 1 was quite nice, adding cool elements to the plot and I found the computer generated spaceship background very stylish and impressing. The relationship between Tyler and Lisa was interesting at best, the most interesting aspect of "V" was the focus on the political danger they become and their culture. I thought the writer would pick up the decent start and expand on their ideas, however Season 2 was a major disappointment: The dialogue became horrid and plump, the music didn't match the mood and the story was just about entertaining, although leaving great plot holes behind. The places and spaceships repetitive. Only Diana added something new to "V". I think the writing is to blame for just dumb dialogue and the show's end. Morena Baccarin as "Anna" was very convincing and played her role extraordinarily well, leaving little behind that could have matched.

I wouldn't recommend watching the series as it doesn't get any better than Season 1.
  • I love the V i think it is the best show on tv!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can't wait to see the next season!!!!!!!!! i pray they renew it . diana is the best actor on the show ,,,,,,,,,i pary she ant dead boy its going to be good next se

to all the people that love the show i with you an if u dont like the show .
    go watch replay of two an a half man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    the show is great an all the actor are top actor in my book.....................................................................so go v@
    does any one know when the next season is going to be coming on i would love to know an if it is going to be coming back ..... ....... ....... ........... i sure hope so
    i dont knwo what i would do with out the v .
    they need to end it some way or the other not like they did the old show that was on in the 80s
  • It's not awful, but its definitely flawed.

I'll just cut to the chase here:

My main issue I have with this show is how often Exposition is used to tell the viewer what is going on.

How many times have you seen this scene in this series of V:

Person X walks in to talk to Anna, Anna literally says out loud what her evil plans are and Person X leaves.

"The humans won't know what hit them after I attack them with my super weapon!" - never said but might as well have said it.

One stable of good writing is Show not Tell, something which this series did not seem to grasp.

The V would have felt much more threatening if they didn't have the countless scenes with Anna telling the other V what her evil plans are; usually they already knew so what was the point of that? Just to tell us of course.

Imagine walking into a room while dinner is being made and the chef saying out loud "Your dinner is cooking now, mwhahaha"! If I was the person listening i'd be thinking 'Yes ¬¬ I know that.'

I still enjoyed it enough that I wanted to see the plot resolved. I'm a big miffed about that - I would've rated this 7 out of 10 otherwise.
  • science fiction shows under extinction :(

I liked this show ... but ABC don't :(

This show was highly acclaimed by many Fans of science fiction.
    I'm increasingly beginning to think that to be successful in a tv show will have to have:
    "Sex, " "blood, " "dirty words" or be a reality show.

"V" began to transform itself in an "adult" or at least a young adult show, pity that they not give more time to the show.

Increasingly we see this phenomenon on TV, not to let these new projects grow with time.

Increasingly on tv you want a product that makes success spontaneous. And if they do not find it ... well ... they continue to destroy a show with good potential ... until they find the perfect show ...
  • bring back V

bring back V, the show was great. i was allways looking forward to each week, it was such a dis apointment when i found out you took it off. i do not know what else to say, i am up set that a good show was taken off the air. i do not know, but at least come out with a movie, even that, it will not be the same. if you care about a viewer bring it back, if you do not, then it shows you do not care for your viewers. thank you for your time, have a great day.
  • Another oldie remake, V has great potential, an awesome cast and a great storyline. Aliens come to Earth in a huge ship, seeking shelter and coexistence.If done right this might be what we SCI-FI junkies have been waiting for.

V is a potentially great remake of an old 1984 show. The earlier version did not have much success with only 19 aired episodes. But the new and improved (Thanks to technology) has a lot of potential. The story itself is intriguing, several huge UFO's appear above major cities around the world. These humanoid looking aliens claim to only want to live in peace and harmony, and have much to offer the Earths populace, like healing centers etc…But nothing is as it seems… Large parts of the cast are old seasoned actors which do their fame justice with their performances in this show. A select few (our main heroes) realize this hidden agenda and join the V resistance fighters. The mix of our heroes is just fun, father Jack (Joel Gretsch) brings an interesting religious view to the show, then you have your typical agent Erica Evans (Elizabeth Mitchell), and a freedom fighting alien Ryan (Morris Chestnut). The show has started off poorly, but has a great cast, and a good storyline, and if developed right, it could become a major Sci-Fi series. Good luck.
  • The first series ended very "DULL" if I may use the word...I would have put more Questions to be answered into the final episode so that one will look forward to the new season....But Otherwise not too bad.

First Series ended very stupid and Dull.
    The first series ended very "DULL" if I may use the word...I would have put more Questions to be answered into the final episode, so that one will look forward to the new season....But Otherwise not too bad.
    I will put some extra Bite into the V,s staying on earth, like some people just dissapears and we see them eating them. Yes we want more TEETH and what the V are really like and what hides under that skin of theirs....we want to see them being more aggressiveand show us their TEETH.. so hopefully we will see this in the new season.
    Regards
    JR
  • A review from a die-hard, original V fan.

I've seen the show and I do not care for it in the least. Right from the beginning, the true intention of the arrival of the Visitor's has been obvious: deception.

On top of blatant and obvious story lines, the acting is bland and predictable. As for the characters, each one appears to be a generic form of the original cast, yet they all lack that one aspect of the original characters that made them memorable.

Another problem I have with the show is how much they changed from the original series, leaving behind everything that made the show stand out. For one, the Visitor's had green blood, I keep seeing red. A minor detail change and yet it's very obvious.

Then of course comes the constant use of second-rate CG. If they're going to use green-screened sets and generated props / characters / effects, they could at least take their time to make the images look even the slightest bit real.

Overall, I give the show a 1. To me, the show is nothing more than a desperate attempt to revive a network by trying to capitalize on a previous show, but with lacklucster writing, acting and originality.
  • I don't get it. I'm 64 and love V. I only watch TV shows I like so I can't figure out why you would watch this series if you don't like it. Can't you watch some of the other 150 channels instead of bashing this great series?

I sure hope we get another season of V! My generation of close friends watched the series finale with me and we can't wait for the next season. The context of the theme of good versus evil is simple enough for us older folks to like. Maybe it's because the worries of the real world are troublesome and the ongoing theme that the goodness of humans will eventually trumph the V's is the reality of the world we live in. Bullets and bombs will not destroy the human sprit. History has tought us that. That's it for me. Two more words to get to the minimum. Whoops now I'm at 112.
  • V (2010) is a serielised remake of the original series by the same name. Set around an FBI agent and her son, the series explores a world where aliens, void of emotion, arrive in peace but have sinister hidden agendas.

The first installment revolves around an FBI investigation into terrorist organisations. After the V's arrive, all but one terrorist cell goes quiet. Curiosity peaked, an investigation ensues into the still active cell - the results of the investigation lead to concerning revelations about the V's.

Desperate and scared, a resistance is formed in a vain attempt to discover the V's true motives.

Trying to underscore the historical importance of the day aliens first arrive we are asked where were we when JFK was shot, or on 911. Sadly, this show failed to deliver the impact it was looking for and was emotionally over-shadowed by its much older original. The day we find out we are not alone in the Universe comes across as an earthquake meets a political sex scandal. In the style of a nation obsessed with the aesthic qualities of life the scientific conundrums presented in the first episode are conveniently ignored for the remainder of the first half of the series - and if this is supposed to be due to a plot device - i'm missing the plot.

The general drive of V seems to revolve around Bliss Vs True Emotion and the V need to unlock the mysteries of certain human emotions.

Somehwat cool cgi effects and with moderate scripting (tease lines are overemployed bordering on the tacky) my fear for the show is that they are over-planning; Writers, it seems, have learned that if they dont plan ahead they can paint themselves into corners - the flip side is - when they plan too far ahead they bend the show toward certain story arcs - arcs the viewer is not aware of and cannot be for some time. So when we watch the first 5 or 6 eps the true meaning of what happening is lost on us until we get further into the series - confusing the viewer. Morenna Baccarin is captivating as the evil master V and many of the cast, such as Morris Chestnut, are more than adequate in their performances... The undoing of the show is in its over mysterious and slow start.
< 1 2 3