Valentine Forums

The CW (ended 2008)

Rip-off of Cupid?

igotbupkis

[1]Sep 26, 2008
    • level: 28
    Boy, does this overall concept sound like someone was out to rip off the 1990s series, Cupid, or what?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ziplizard

[2]Sep 29, 2008
    • level: 9
    Yeah, but less cool. Cupid was cool b/c you didn't know if he was a god or just someone with a mental problem. Also, I really hope this show is a lot less silly than the commercials make it look like.

txgirl75

[3]Oct 4, 2008
    • level: 23
    THis show and Easy money look kinda dumb. I may give it try see if it's any good. Don't look to promising.

EJamison

[4]Oct 5, 2008
    • level: 17

I don't hate it enough so I may keep watching although I shouldn't. Almost anyone who would want to watch this show would probably be watching "Desperate Housewives" which I will also watch because I have TiVo. I'm also taping "Cold Case".

One tiny problem is that cops were distracted from a kidnapping by Leo throwing a trash can through a window. Doesn't seem likely. Unclear if magic was used to get away from the cops. If so, it seems like magic could have been used to prevent the cops from seeing the kidnapping.

I don't understand where gods get love guns from. Will Danny be able to get another one?

kidnoeight

[5]Oct 5, 2008

Actually, I believe ABC is making an updated version of the Jeremy Piven show with Bobby Cannavale & Sarah Paulson as a midseason replacement.

KStanf

[6]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 4

igotbupkis wrote:
    Boy, does this overall concept sound like someone was out to rip off the 1990s series, Cupid, or what?

Original: http://www.tv.com/cupid-1998/show/448/summary.html?q=cupid&tag=search_results;title;2

New:http://www.tv.com/cupid/show/75261/summary.html?q=cupid&tag=search_results;title;1

Edited on 10/05/2008 11:50pm
    Edited 2 total times.

HRGirl

[7]Oct 6, 2008
    I thought this show was decent. I will definitely keep watching the next few episodes to see how I really feel about it.

Bren_thy_God

[8]Oct 6, 2008
    • level: 14
    I'm down with it. However there are some things I don't like say Grace isn't a blonde? I mean come on. And I'm little iffy on the dude playing Leo he just doesn't strike me as the Hercules. Either way I liked it. I love love so valetine is cool.