Vampire High

YTV (ended 2002)

Vampire High Fan Reviews (13)

• When is Season 2 coming out?

HI I just recently started watching Vampire High and i fall in love with this show I just want to know when more seasons will be made I am from the . and I love this Tv show I would love to watch and to see more I watched the last one and couldn't wait to have more to see since i could tell there had to be more when i saw the ending please make more videos
  • Vampire High

Did Sherry really Die? Too bad the show never continued. Her sudden death cut scene left the big question. Did he or didn't he bite her?
  • Vampire High

4.5
    I started watching it on netflix and at first it was...stupid but then I wanted to watch more because I thought it would get better.It never did.I hate how Sherry died I wish that Drew bit her so she'd turn into a vampire!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • At first when i was watching a clip or two i thought that it was very corny. but after a while it got very cool.

7.9
    vampires learing to become human was a very cool idea. i really love that young vampires agreed to want to learn to try to like to act like. drew was a small bit of boring but i got used to him. thought that he was a very kind and loving vampire. he was so sweet to sherri. she was one rude rich kid but in a way she was ok. merril was a very sweet little kid, and marty what a wild child i did see a small soft spot in him but in other ways he was the only bad vampire. this was an ok show.
  • Cutting edge show about vamp teens trying to survive school, love and each other.

I think that this show is great mainly becouse it is so much different than anything else I watch. My favorite character is without a doubt Marty. He adds the complexity that was lacking in the pilot. The reason for this is that all the characters, while being different from each other hold a certain rigidness that keeps them confined to the character moulds formed for them from the begining, not allowing them to build or develop in the show.The character of Marty on the other hand cannot be predicted, his reaction to varying situations is ever changing but not in a way that lessens the character by overcomplicating him, but in a way that allows for a glimpse into a more complex person. This gives added value to an already wellwritten and impressive peice television art.
  • A really smart concept brought down by sub-par acting and mediocre writing that gives you the impress that a teenager was trying to impress a few good friends with his knowledge of vampire myths.

5.9
    Okay, I didn't finish the show yet but I watched enough to make a full judgment. Every episode feels sort of like a drag but it still has enough substance to tune me in for the next episode... sometimes. The worst thing about the show is the quality. The actors and actresses are all decent, but no one amazes me. I guess that's a small price to pay because no one disappoints me either. Don't get me wrong, they can act and they do their scenes justice, but I can't seem to remember that ONE scene that won't leave my memory.

Another bad quality of the show is that every episode is a bottle episode. There are only 5 sets. Sherry and Mimi's bedroom, the common room, the library, Doc's office, and the vampire's underground liar. The character NEVER leave those sets. EVER! Even when they are sick and under care of doctors, the doctors go to the school. It's kind of pathetic that the budget for the show is so low they can't afford a single outside shot. The characters are at least all likable, except for Drew, who I found annoying. It wasn't his fault but the writer's. His character was all over the place and they didn't know where they wanted to go with him. In one episode he's the sensitive puppy-love struck vampire and the next episode he's dark, sarcastic, and nonchalant about everyone except Sherry. His character doesn't stay steady long enough for me to like him, honestly. But the worst thing about the show is that the plot is going NOWHERE. It comes off as more of a educational show for the myth of vampires than an actual drama. There are instances where the plot does make a movement, but sometimes it's for the worst(episode 20). And next to that, the writing is the weakest I have seen in a long time. It feels like the writers can't even keep a decent story to go on for half an hour so they fill us up with junk to run the time low. And while the show does have it's winning moments, it doesn't have the absolute brilliant writing that keeps us coming back for more.

I guess the only thing kept watching the show for this long was my desire to see where the plot was going(if it was going anywhere at all). Half decent show if you're into forbidden love stories with below average writing.
  • Gotta tell ya, this is so in the not bad catagory that it elevates itself to the almost good.

Here's the deal. If you wanted Vamps and gore you know where you're gonna go. It's not network tv under any circumstances. Kinda in the tradition of Roswell, it's really good to see somthing like this come out. Just seeing it for the first time and really enjoyinig it. Its fun to see another take on the whole sub-culture and of course the teen aspect makes it just a guilty pleasure. I was hoping to find more but have since found that it ran 1 season. Within the genre of Sci Fi / Horror it aquits itself very well. NBot a classic by any stretch but well worth a watch.
  • Saw-saw...

6.2
    Vampire High was and is one the the most stylish ant intense programmes that I have ever seen. Not only is it well written and well directed but the general tone and setting is perfect.

The way it delve's into the characters and finds out more an more about them is indeed an exciting prospect. Never before has a show to my knowledge looked so deep into a character to study them. The plot of the show is the characters themselves, they are the plot and their general mannerisms.

This show is so much more then a vampire TV show but a show that has a balance and the line between the characters and how they can cope with trying to be human.
  • The show follows a boarding school for both day and nights students. The day students consist of mortal teenagers, while the night school is being used to civilize teen vamps.

The show had terrible lighting, cheesey sound effects, sub-par visuals and an obviously "fresh-off-the-block" cast... and yet somehow, in 26 only episodes, it managed to spawn such a devoted cult following. Though I think some of it can be attributed to the popularity of "Buffy, the Vampire Slayr" around that same time, the show itself didn't particularly lend itself to comparisons. I remember loving the show for it's so obvious Canadian-feel and frank awareness of what it was. The show never tried to be bigger than it was, it never attempted to be the next big thing thing, and it was never pretentious. The complete melodrama and over-the-top story lines were an immense guilty pleasure for any fan. I was incredibly sorry to see this honest production end and years later I'm still reminded of this show and think of it occasionally. Us vamp fans are still waiting for our next fix, and had VH been released later, it might have filled the void left by "Buffy's" disappearance. The premise of the show itself was unique and I think even now, a resurrection (or reincarnation) of the show would probably be well recieved.
  • Great show which isn't about a bunch of boring vampire. It is about a bunch of vampire but they are all interesting and all very different, with dark Drew, funny Marty, sensitive Merrill, noble-blood Essie and sportsman Karl (might sound cliche but isn't)

I just found out this show existed, apparently five years too late... now I have to content myself with the small clips on the official website which are rather short lol (I almost know them all by heart as well ^^ lol). I'm probably gonna buy the dvd though but I wish they would run that show again on tv channels that are more accessible. I know it's on the Space Network but I can't access that channel :( Anyway, from what I've seen and read, I think this is a very good show and it's definitely worth taking a look at. For those who are getting tired of vampire shows because of things like Buffy and Angel, this is a completely different type of show, and it has the advantage that it only ran for one season (even though I wouldn't mind them making more) so unlike shows like buffy, which are still great, it's all new and different unless of being slightly repetitive. Really worth a try ^^
  • i think that vampire high should be braught on dvd

the seires is wiked the seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedthe seires is wikedv
  • It was a hit, about life and death, great quotes and had my favourite creature in it.

I though the show was great, each Vampire started to change here and there but I couldn't believe how it ended. I think all creatures have a connection. I though five was a better number than four, the show wouldn't have been any better without bad Vamps or other things in it.
  • Young,Old we all are part of one world for a vampire the world can be a long and lonly life. Never to age never to grow as a person. With Vampire High a show thats shows it is much harder to be a vampire teen. To die or to die.

I think vampire high is an all time mixed show.
    It shows that even vampires have a hard time being
    excepted in any way of life. The hunters and the
    hunted. In any world I think its better to be the
    hunters. Vampire High still on YTV 1:45am Mon-Thurs.
    so if up watch it inless you need sleep.