Vanished Forums

FOX (ended 2006)

Episode 13 ending stinks!

computerman92

[1]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 3
    I know they had to cut the seris in have because it was canclled from TV but why such a bad ending to such a good show.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

runelv

[2]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 1
    Yes, the ending was pretty bad. Does anyone know if they made the ending before or after the cancellation? If it was filmed before I can understand that they wanted to leave us excited for season 2, but as a series finale it's a horrible ending.

drailcomics

[3]Dec 8, 2006
    Even as a cliff hanger it was one of the worst. IT has all but ruined the whole series for me....

djariya

[4]Dec 8, 2006
    • level: 19
    It wasn't suppose to be a "series finale" I think Josh Berman was hoping the show would get picked up for the back 9 episodes. But, I guess episode 13 was shot before the cancellation and since production had already shut down, there was no way to re-shoot or fix it with any sense of closure.

I think they should have shot 2 versions of episode 13 since moving the show to Friday was already a clear nail in the coffin.

By the way, did anyone see Tyner as a bad guy? That was a unique twist!!

kopeckee

[5]Dec 9, 2006
    • level: 20
    WHAT A CROCK. It was a waste to watch it...

ceasernem

[6]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 6

the ending really did suck they didnt really explain much. why in the world did the senator let his exwife stay there after he knew she called his home. and how did she remember{sara} where nick boat was at ? are they gonna get there daughter back i have so many questions and im  sure they will never be answered . which really sucks that was a horrible ending.

thankx fox for leaving us all hanging!!!!

danharr

[7]Dec 10, 2006
    • level: 45
    Why can't you people judge the episode as a season finale what it was intended to be instead of a series finale?

efauske

[8]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 4

I've had a feeling about Tyner for the last 3-4 episodes... There was something about the way he looked at someone or reacted to something that made me suspicious.

I agree that this ending is clearly meant as a season finale, or just cliffhanger for the back nine. I was very dissapointed...

Lee-UK

[9]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 2
    I thought the producers were given notice to wrap up the show in 13 episodes?? Or was that for Kidnapped?

pizazz57

[10]Dec 11, 2006
    WOW  ... That was pretty dissapointing that they basically answered...nothing.

Craili

[11]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    Lee-UK wrote:
    I thought the producers were given notice to wrap up the show in 13 episodes?? Or was that for Kidnapped?

Yep, it was Kidnapped...

djariya

[12]Dec 11, 2006
    • level: 19
    They probably got the cancellation notice when episode 13 was already shot.

maartenm

[13]Dec 12, 2006
    • level: 6

It was terrible for a series end. There are left to many questions open. But for a seasons end, it would have been perfect. It would given so many questions that you really want to watch again. Sadly, that ain't gonna happen.   

newty28

[14]Dec 15, 2006
    I had read that they KNEW the show was over at 13 episodes & were going to wrap it all up Thats why i Watched The Whole Web Episodes.I feel cheated Now As I was Really into the show & expected an ending. The Networks really sick it to us loyal viewers Surface & Invasion were Great Shows That Never got to finish out its storyline.Its hard to watch a show now a days unless its established Like CSI. I am really disappointed

electrictroy

[15]Dec 18, 2006

Apparently Fox LIED when they said they wrapped-up the story.  They didn't wrap it up...... they just stopped it at episode 13.

So the result is a cliffhanger, that leaves many many questions unanswered.

Apocalypse_Not

[16]Dec 18, 2006
    • level: 12
    Forever unanswered which sucks. I couldn't believe that that was really the end. Oh well, guess we'll have to come up with our own ending.

dudius399

[17]Jan 2, 2007
    • level: 11

Anyone seen s01e14, yet?

I KNOW it's out there somewhere....

ElvesBrew

[18]Jan 4, 2007
    • level: 5

The way networks order up these new series, there is no way the producers can know what will be the final episode, season final or series final. They have to assume that the series will get picked up and write the episodes based on that assumption. If the network then decides to abandon a series mid course we the viewers are left with the results of a series without closure.

Maybe a new distribution model will develope using the internet that will allow production companies to develope additional episodes that fans can purchase or better yet maybe networks will realize how many viewers they are alienating when they cancel a series with out closure. I think we all have our lists of favorite shows that were cancelled without finalizing the story line. John Doe had a terrible cliff hanger ending to season one and then was cancelled, Surface had the same thing, Shows like 3lbs, Kidnapped, Smith, and Vanished didn't even get to air thier episodes.

All the networks are guilty of doing this. Some are beginning to take steps but obviously there is still a lot that needs to be done. I applaud FOX for airing the remaining episodes of Vanished that were in the can when they chose to cancel the series but if they had gone one step further and had ordered up a special closing 2 hour EP they could have made a lot of points with viewers that would have created ratings points for all thier programming due to network loyalty.

Right now I will watch just about any series HBO runs because I know I can count on them to give it a chance. Of course there are major differences between paid and commercial programing but the commercial networks could come up with creative ad rates to promote these fledgling new shows. If they keep on they way they are now pretty soon it won't matter what new shows they run, no one will be willing to invest thier time into a show that has a 50/50 chance of being cancelled after 3 or 4 episodes.

EB 

chismaneric

[19]Jan 5, 2007
    Seems to me that a distribution model using the internet is not such a bad idea. I think that worldwide quite a few fans could be found that are willing to pay for episodes aired on the net (I would be one of them). You'd have to find a way to keep the series from spreading illegally though (as they do now), or else it wouldn't be worth it. Any ideas on that?

CANCELMEPLEASE

[20]Jan 8, 2007
    • level: 3
    horrible ending