Vanished

The Tunnel

Aired Monday 9:00 PM Aug 28, 2006 on FOX

• The show improves over the pilot, and continues to intrigue, despite constant red herrings.

7.6
    Fortunately the second episode of "Vanished" did not disappoint, and was better than the pilot episode. More information is revealed about Sara Collins. In several flashbacks we see her with an ex-boyfriend, Peter Manning (portrayed by Josh Hopkins, who is also in ABC's "Brothers & Sisters" this season). Let me note that and Peter make a better couple than she and the so far boring senator. But in her past she went by the name Nicky. Why?

While I am enjoying the show quite a bit so far, I can't help but feel that the show is doing nothing but taking elements from all the popular shows right now (Lost, 24, Alias, Prison Break, CSI, Without a Trace, etc) to try to make itself appear as something it really isn't. But once you look past that it's quite an enjoyable show. The one major fault with this series is that it's not giving us any information about the conspiracy at all. In "Prison Break" we get quite a lot of information at a time, which always doesen't make sense until later but it's still something. So far we know hardly anything, although there was another hint that this conspiracy is rooted in something religious.