I'd like to see Ryantology try to scoop us on this one! HBO has renewed its Sunday-night comedy block, ordering new seasons of both Veep and Silicon Valley. Armando Iannucci's political satire Veep, which stars Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the vice president of the United States, has been reelected to a fourth season, while Mike Judge's freshman comedy Silicon Valley, about a group of computer programmers trying to make it big in the tech industry, has earned another round of funding for Season 2. Silicon Valley has only aired three episodes so far, but the startup of a series has found early early success: critical acclaim and a series premiere that drew 2.5 million viewers, making it HBO's highest-rated debut for a half-hour program since 2009.

The news comes not long after the network renewed its extremely popular fantasy epic Game of Thrones for two more seasons, so I hope you really like HBO's Sunday-night lineup, because it looks like it's not going anywhere for a while.

thekaitling:list:which-renewal-are-you-more-excited-for/

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/23/2017

Season 6 : Episode 2

Next Episode

AIRS ON 4/30/2017

Season 6 : Episode 3

58 Comments
Comments (58)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
As it turned out, I binged Veep, got caught up now, and i'm lovin' it!
So damn good! So equally fantastic they both got renewed!
Flag
Silicon Valley is fantastic, as is this news!
As for Veep, I tried the pilot but that's it...not sure if I'll ever pick that up...
But Silicon Valley!! Awesome!
Flag
Yay for Silicon Valley. It's been consistently good so far, although the pilot was the strongest episode to date. It's so freakin' sad that Christopher Evan Walch died after shooting 5 episodes in what would be his breakout role. I'm not sure the series will be as successful without him but we'll know soon enough.

Meh for Veep. I gave it two seasons but it's a baffling misfire. Any chances of it being funny are snuffed out by none of the characters taking themselves seriously. They all seem to know they're in a farce and try to be funny - not a recipe for a successful comedy. I've seen the creator's previous work In the Loop which had none of these problems, so it's not him. It's probably just another case of botched American remakitis.
Flag
Oh wow, I hadn't heard about Welch dying before the even came out. This is such sad news! He's the best character on the show. This would have definitely made his career.
Flag
I actually like Silicon Valley in that it deals with the realities of building up an enterprise from ground zero while being in direct competition with a ruthless, evil competitor with tremendous financial means.Plus the humour is light enough not to bother the narrative.
Flag
Very happy about Veep!

Silicon Valley was OK, but it didn't wow me enough to put it higher on my watch list. I might get around to watching episodes 2 & 3 by the time episode 4 or 5 airs
Flag
I am glad to see Veep renewed. I haven't seen Silicon Valley yet, but i feel i should, since my study is in the field of technological science.
Flag
I wonder how Silicon Valley will deal with the death of Christopher Evan Welch, I thought it may have hindered their renewal prospects.
Flag
That's a shame, loved watching Peter Gregory doing his thing.
Flag
Silicon valley seems extremely unintersting. The second episode felt flat.
Flag
the third episode is pretty funny though
Flag
Oh? I didn't see it. Maybe I will give it a new chance.
Flag
This comment has been removed.
Flag
love veep
Flag
Man, I love Silicon Valley! This news is awesome!

Still having a hard time getting into Veep, I happy the fans get a round 4!
Flag
This is great news for comedy on HBO. Both series are great satires and a lot of fun.
Flag
Couldn't be more pleased with Veep and Silicon Valley getting re-upped. Now renew Nashville and Intelligence and I'll be a happy camper.
Flag
Something about a broadcast network having renewed intelligence seems off.
Flag
Wouldn't hold my breath over Intelligence dude.
Flag
I'm not, but it's too bad though.
Flag
I love Veep and I really like the newbie Silicon Valley. I'm excited about both. (Though I'm wondering in what direction the show will go without Christopher Evan Welch.)
Flag
R.I.P.
Flag
thought the pilot of Silicon Valley was great, 2nd episode bored the crap out of me.. but third was funny again. I'm most excited about season 2 of that over season 4 of Veep.. I watch it but I just haven't been feeling it much this season and some of last.
Flag
I really enjoyed the first two episodes of Silicon Valley, but the third tried my patience. ;;t. J. Miller's character is starting to grate me, and the last episode had a scandalous product placement of a fast food chain. And I thought Amanda Crew would play more than just a mere secretary with few lines. Still, it's a very clever show that has great chances into developing into something great.
Flag
I think T.J. Miller is pretty funny in this, I never seen him before Silicon Valley.
Flag
He was in The Goodwin Games, and I thought he was more annoying there.
Flag
I really enjoyed the first 2 episodes too but found episode 3 to be lacking.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members