Vegas Forums

CBS (ended 2013)

Share Your Thoughts & Views About Vegas.

Dec1964

[1]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 31

What does everybody think about "Vegas"

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

haldrey

[2]Oct 25, 2012
    • level: 22
    At first I was walking the tightrope, not too sure. I kept on watching just because they have a great supporting cast and great guest stars but after last night episode I made the decision, it is a keeper.

Dec1964

[3]Oct 29, 2012

I love this show.

Yaspaa

[4]Dec 22, 2012
    • level: 78
    Yeah, it took a little while, but now I'm hooked.

jimcrowl2

[5]Jan 4, 2013
    • level: 2

So far it's interesting- sure, it could be just a touch faster paced, but still is very enjoyable. It's good to see Michael Chiklis in a series again. Vegas is obviously a fictional series, but I've heard about the Las Vegas - Chicago mob connection before. That has me curious. Does anyone know of a book or a link that has a true account of that history?

TesserT

[6]Jan 8, 2013
    • level: 74
    Here's a link to the Las Vegas Review Journal article "Survivor remembers Las Vegas' mob days". The book When the Mob Ran Vegas: Stories of Money, Mayhem and Murder is a non-fiction book on the subject (available in paperback). The Sheriff Lamb in the series is a real person who is a consultant for the series. Here's a Sep 2012 link to an interview with him.

meathead704

[7]Jan 9, 2013
    • level: 39

As is the case with 24 I became interested in Vegas when I first saw the television advertisements for it. I even saw advertisements for it in movie theaters. I have tuned in from the beginning and have enjoyed every bit of the show up to this point. I have been a fan of both Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis for many years. They are both perfectly cast in Vegas. Chiklis brings a great deal of personality to his role as gangster Vincent Savino as he did to the characters of Anthony Scali in The Commish and Vic Macky in The Shield (The role that won him an Emmy.). Quaid is good in his role as rancher turned Sheriff Ralph Lamb. He too delivers just as well as Chiklis in terms of personality to his character. Quaid and Chiklis' time on screen togetheris a highlight of every episode. Despite the fact they are on opposite sides of the law, they actually have very good chemistry and work off one another quite well.

The scripts for the episodes of Vegas are very well written and add to the entertainment value of the show. There does not seem to be any hint of contrivance in the episodes. Up to this point in time the various episodes have delivered just the right amount of drama, comedy and action to make the show one of the best new shows of the season.

Here I have presented just two reasons why I think Vegas is a terrific show. There are many other reasons but there's not enough space to list them here.

Edited on 04/05/2013 1:55pm

Dec1964

[8]Jan 9, 2013

Episode - 11, one off the best episode's yet...!!

Dec1964

[9]May 11, 2013

I Will Miss This Show Alot. (Vegas: Perfection At Its Best).