Vegas

TesserT

Vegas Fan Reviews (34)

7.6
  • Loved the show..

So sad it was cancelled. It was a great show! Worth watching even though there is only one season...
  • A Great Show

I didn't know it was canceled, until now. I loved this show and watched every episode. This is sad.
  • Unfortunately cancelled after it found its footing.

I started watching the show when it debut and while it had a good premise, I found it to be rather humdrum. However I stuck with it because I've always enjoyed the characters portrayed by Jason O'Mara (Life on Mars, Terra Nova, and the Dennis Quaid / Michael Chiklis thing seemed a good dynamic. After about 5 episodes in, I was hooked as the show seemed to find its footing, the characters had chemistry and I was looking forward to the next show. As soon as I started to really enjoy it and looking forward to the next episode, I find it's on the edge of cancellation... then eventually cancelled. Too bad; it probably didn't retain enough viewers from the first few episodes.
  • Yup same here

I started watching but after 4 episodes got bored with it and stopped. But after a while I got to watch the rest coz I didnt have much else to watch. As I watched the rest each episode got better and better and found myself wanting to see the next then the next. as 'urbanriot' says, was a matter of finding its footing. It did. But the beginning was enough to put people off making it an undesired show. Pity, but lesson to be learned by producers to make beginning captivating enough to hold an audience, dont wait until the middle as you may not quite get there.
  • Cancellation; just as I feared!

Too bad. It was a good series, on the whole. My only consolation is that it will be taking the never-should-have-been-aired-at-all "Golden Boy" with it!
  • In 1960's Las Vegas, Chicago gangster Vincent Savino goes head to head with new Sheriff Ralph Lamb.

"Vegas" was in my opinion the best new show of the 2012-13 season. From the second I first learned of the series I was eager to see it when it premiered. Having two great and tremendously talented actors Dennis Quaid and Emmy Award winner Michael Chiklis was all the reason I needed to tune in. However they were not the only reason why "Vegas" worked. Quaid and Chiklis had a great supporting cast as well. Jason O'Mara, Taylor Handley and Sarah Jones were all excellent in their respective roles. The series also benefitted from solid script writing and a very impressive production design. The great sets and costumes did very well in recreating the time period. As I have said in previous reviews and posts it is very unfortunate that all of these great elements were not enough to keep "Vegas" alive. I will truly miss this great show next season. Well, it was good (Not good, great!) while it lasted.
  • How Come, How Come.

HOw come every time I find a show I like they get me hooked & then take a 6 week break. I'll never understand why networks do this. It's as if they want to lose viewers.
  • I Love the show.

I love the show but keep it on a scheduled. If I flip and its not there then its a pain in the ass. I cant stand so called reality TV. Its not real people. If you want reality toss them on an island hide all the cameras and let them go "lord of the flies" last one standing gets the million bucks. The drama on Vegas is well thought out and I love the actors. Chiklis is as good as the Shield and I watched every show religiously. I would be there on the channel 5 minutes before the start and there till the second airing was over. Dont can the show. The only other shows I watch are NCIS/NCIS LA. Its as good as thouse. Find a slot let it settle in and the viewers will come.. BACK because they will be able to find it.
  • HEARD A BAD RUMOR

BECAUSE THE HIGH COST OF THE ACTORS, VEGAS MIGHT NOT HAVE ANOTHER SEASON AND SOMETHING ABOUT IT CAN'T MOVE TO FRIDAY NIGHT. HEY NOW LISTEN UP. I AM 54 YEARS OLD AND SEEN A LOT OF TV SHOWS COME AND GO. THERE IS NOTHING TO WATCH ON TV. I CAN GIVE YOU A LONG LIST OF CRAPPY TV SHOWS TO DUMP AND IN THEIR PLACE, PUT BACK TO BACK COMMERICALS. NCIS AND LAW AND ORDER HAVE SPUN OFF THE EARTH. WHAT I AM SAYING, YOU TOP DECISION MAKERS NEED TO LEAVE THIS SHOW RUNNING AND PLEASE KEEP YOUR HANDS OFF AND PAY MY FRIEND "WHO DOESN'T KNOW ME FROM ADAM" DENNIS QUAID HIS WORTH. I CAN SAVE YOU TONS OF MONEY BY DELETING A GOOD 60% OF TV SHOWS. IT'S LIKE THE WRITERS LOST THIER CREATIVE BRAIN POWER. BLUE BLOOD IS A ANOTHER GREAT SHOW. THERE AREN'T MANY. DENNIS QUAID IS A MOVIE STAIR. IF MONEY IS A PROBLEM LOOK GOOD AND HEARD FOR A COUSIN TO STEP INTO HIS SHOES AND THE SHOW GOES ON. DENNIS QUAID MY GOOD PAL, YOU ARE BOUND FOR GREATNESS AND TV SHOWS DO STRUGGLE. DO A NICE THING, JUST FOR ME. WORK A LITTLE CHEAPER SO THAT O'MARA AND SARAH JONES III CAN MAKE A LITTLE MORE. LET ME BE THE SHOW'S MANAGER. I WOULD WORK FOR FREE. I LOVE WATCHING THIS SHOW AND I WANT IT TO RUN TO THE POINT IT CATCHES UP TO CURRENT TIMES OVER 10 YEARS. THIS WOULD BE A GOOD PLACE FOR NEW AND UP COMING ACTORS TO GET NOTICED. SEE, THE MAJIC IS GONE. THERE IS SOMETHING ABOUT THIS SHOW, BLUE BLOOD, JUSTIFIED, AND OH, WHAT IN THE WORLD HAPPEND TO HELL OF WHEELS? IF THIS SHOW GOES AWAY, TELL ME WHAT ELSE YOU GOT GOING FOR YOU MR CBS. HERE IS MY EMAIL ADDRESS, . I'm not interested in being a FAN CLUB person, so please only those tided to the show write me. Hope to hear from Dennis.

Take care you all,

Buck, it's the name my friends call me or I go by my real name, which is George.
  • Vegas - Refreshing New Different

Title says it all. Nothing else on like it. Nice break from all the reality TV crap. The show is evolving nicely and characters are growing on us. I think CBS has a winner even if their other show isn't "winning". Let it run it's course before you kill it off.

It is no secret the network program manager makes a lot of money to make shitty decisions based on payoffs and personal biases, but do the consumer a favor and let the program be.
  • Great 60's Drama

enjoy the story lines and it's Vegas of the 60's. cast really works well together. The old cars and the music are really great.
  • Awesome Show

Best Show on television. Can't wait for new episodes Love it!!!
  • One thing needs mention.........................

music in Vegas is right on the time frame of the show. Really good stuff.

Nitpick the cars - OK - but give credit where due. The closing music every week has me calling my wife back into the room - Listen to this!!

Full disclosure - We graduated high school in '60. Yep - 70 and counting/50 years married.

I don't think enough is made of Vegas being based on some real people. Sheriff Ralph Lamb - the original - is alive and doing well. Spends time with the cast.

Vegas is now opening in Great Britain. We got Dowton last - turnabout is fair play!

• Vegas - Not anymore

I really tried to like this show even though I don't like Dennis Quaid. On the show he looks like The Joker on Batman with a permanent scowl. Anyway, the show has turned into a bad soap opera and the final straw was the last show where the sherriff's brother kills his girlfriends father and then lies about it! This guy is supposed to be one of the good guys?? He had been kidnapped, tortured and was defending himself when he shot this guy. Why wouldn't he just call the police and report it? The rest of the plots are bad enough but it is now off my list permanently.
  • Great show!

One thing that is unique about this show is that it takes place in the early 1960's Las Vegas! For the most part the hairstyles, cars, and clothes are accurate for the time period. The show is based on what really happened with the mafia establishing business operations in Vegas and the crisis that insued with the local police. What I really love about this show is that there are often three different storylines going on per show each week! The different storylines really help keep the show interesting. The main mob guy (bald guy) is really interesting, because he is a mob guy with some morals. He often does what many modern criminals would not. Quad and the others do a good job acting out their prespective roles with ease. Like others have the said, the show is clean thus making it appeal to a audience that is looking cleaner entertainment.
  • I like it.

I love this show. I like the fact that its cleaner than other crime dramas out there. I can have my older kids sitting in the room with me. Is it predictable? Sure. A little boring? Sure. Its a classic "cops and gangsters" kind of show. My kids think the clothes are funny and the cars are wierd. But they love Dennis Quaid and Jason O'Mara. I love the entire cast. I am personally ok with the slow development of characters. I hope it is renewed. My family loves watching it together.
  • YA It's VEGAS baby

There's no other show like it. It has all anyone could ask for on the birth of the shady seedy underside of "Sin City". Not to mention the backdoor wheeling and dealing of the mob clashing with it's own and sidestepping the law at every twist and turn.
  • love it

Awesome
  • Vegas TV Show

Great Show!!! Hope it gets renewed for 2013!! Great Cast!!! Look forward to watching it every week!!
  • Not A-list as expected

had such high expectations for this show after finding out the Michael Chiklis would be a part of the cast, expecting something as fantastic as the shield i wanted to watch it but i just could not make it work. this show is dreadfully boring and very unentertaining surprisingly weeks would pass before i realized that i missed the new episode. Never really got my eye as much as elementary did but i do wish the show well although it is one show that i just can't seem to get into.
  • Great show of old Las Vegas

Love this show. It's on a little late for me at 10:00 PM in southern Nevada. Otherwise it's very entertaining. It's Ralph Lamb, not Joe.
  • Great Actors - Boring story line!

I was waiting for this show Vegas, because of Dennis Quaid and Michael Chiklis. Great actors, good performers.

But as I was watching I was getting bored and bored and bored, and I have seen this this concept many many times before.

• Cool Show!

After 7 episodes, I say this show is a keeper.

Definitively want to know what will happen next.

I even forgive the fact that some car models are 62 or 63s. This is my kind of show.

***

Dennis Quaid. One of the most versatile and underrated actors out there.

This is a great role for him, you could tell he was comfortable in it. In fact its what makes Quaid so brilliant as an actor. You forget its him.

Actually, all the major players in the show felt right. That's a good sign.

That means that show starts off good, great choice of actors. Now, I'm not history buff, but assistant DA female in the 1960s? That might be stretching it, in terms of realism, but hey.

A little slip from the director when Lamb woke up from the headbashing. He should have a little headache, so you think....

Well, let's not nitpick.

I think many people feel this is going to be a procedure crime/whodunnit type show. I think not. But I suspect it started off this way as a plot to introduce Quaid's character.

Looking forward to more!
  • Cool lawmen

Along with Justified and Longmire this is another show with a cool cowboy lawman. It's good entertainment. Definitely one of the better new shows
  • Vegas, the early years

Great contrast between the growing city that we all know Vegas will become and the hopes of the rancher/sherrif who just want his town to remain as he remembers it to be (even though it has already changed beyond his worst fears). Hopefully they can keep the season going.
  • Vegas No More For Me

I agree with mindmalfunction. Great caste and I had high hopes for the show. But it's just not keeping my interest. I'm no longer watching Vegas.
  • Fantastic Cast - Okay Show

This show has a fantastic cast...I just wish the content was better.
  • hope they give this show a chance

love this show hope they give it a chance
  • The years of the cars

I'm always paying attention to the cars and I have NOT yet noticed a single car that couldn't have been on the road in 1960 ... keep in mind, a 1961 car COULD be on the road in late 1960 as the new models in 1961 came out in September of 1960 ... so, there is nothing wrong with a 1961 Lincoln, the Thunderbirds I've seen are 1960 and 1961 models ... you are right about the cop car being a 1963 but it looks alamost identical to a 1961 (61s had a bar across the same grill that 63s had) so technically you are right about ONE car but the difference is so minor that I didn't even notice it until you mentioned it ... I don't know where you saw a 1964 Pontiac ... can't find that one
  • So far, so good

@BrianCC -- The show is set in the 60's, Joe Lamb was Sheriff of Clark County from 1961 to 1979, shouldn't the cars be from that period?

Anywho, I am a fan of Quaid and the role of Sheriff Lamb is fitting for him.
< 1 2