Vegas

Vegas

Aired Friday 9:00 PM Sep 25, 2012 on CBS

5.9
  • In Las Vegas in 1960 local rancher Ralph Lamb investigates a high profile murder just as Chicago gangster Vincent Savino arrives in Sin City.

It's nice to finally see "Vegas" after all of the buildup to it. While I was not blown away by the pilot episode I certainly enjoyed it. The roles are perfectly cast in my opinion. Dennis Quaid does very well in his respective role as does the terrific Michael Chiklis. "TV Guide" recently said that it was good to see Chiklis turn "evil" after his terrific turns in "The Commish" and "The Shield" (Though we all know Vic Mackey could be evil when he wanted to be.). I agree with that. He did well in this first episode. However I would llike to see if he can keep a good thing going out of the formulaic beatings and tough guy routines we are used to seeing in mob movies and shows. I think Chiklis can do so which is what will make me tune in for the next episode. This review would not be complete without mentioning the supporting cast. Carrie Ann Moss did a good job as well. I like what I saw so far. Hopefully it won't fall off track. We shall see.