Vengeance Unlimited Forums

ABC (ended 1999)

Vote for "Vengeance Unlimited" DVDs

123home123

[1]Jun 25, 2006
    • level: 55
    As you may know, there are no DVDs available for this show. Amazon.com doesn't even have one of those placeholder listings for the show where you can sign up to be notified if and when the DVDs become available.

TVShowsonDVD.com does have a listing for "Vengeance Unlimited" though. You can go to the site and indicate that you would like to see the show released on DVD. The more people that vote for the show, the better. Every additional vote helps so register your vote on that site today. Will we ever see a DVD set as a result of our voting? Who knows, but it can't hurt to try.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

123home123

[2]Jun 25, 2006
    Since Warner Bros. holds the rights to the show, it's possible that it could be added to AOL's In2TV online service at some point in the future. AOL is another unit of Time Warner. In2TV hosts streaming video and legal downloads of dozens of older TV shows, all for free. You don't have to be an AOL member to watch the shows. If they have a voting procedure on the site, everyone should indicate that they would like to see "Vengeance Unlimited" added to the show line-up. Presumably everyone on this forum (all one of us ) would like to see this show again.
    Edited on 08/24/2006 7:51pm

moviebuff316

[3]Jun 29, 2006
    • level: 1

123home123,

I completely agree with you on this show being put to DVD, I always look to see if it's on DVD yet whenever I go into the stores or go on-line. And, unfortunately, to my dismay, it is not on DVD. So, thought I would let you know that you are not the only one. Thank you.

123home123

[4]Jun 30, 2006
    Hey, another person on this forum! I discovered that there are at least a few "Vengeance Unlimited" fans on the site. Hopefully they all vote for the DVDs at TVShowsonDVD.com along with thousands of other fans.

I would even settle for a spot on the In2TV line-up.

NOTE-Funny but on your profile it says you were last online on June 29 and yet you have only been a member since June 30. Huh? That's strange. Anyway, welcome to the site and welcome to the "Vengeance Unlimited" forum.
    Edited on 06/30/2006 8:55am

moviebuff316

[5]Jun 30, 2006
    Well, I was looking on it before I signed up, and it took me back to this page when I signed up, so maybe I was on the 29th, but signed up the 30th. Thank you very much. I hope to enjoy this forum and site.

moviebuff316

[6]Jun 30, 2006
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
    Edited on 06/30/2006 9:22pm

icklebug

[7]Aug 20, 2006
    Vengeance Unlimited was aired again in the UK a few months ago. I was so happy! Thankfully I remembered to record the episodes (only missing Victim of Circumstances as far as I know).

I would love to own official DVDs though and have voted numerous times to get them released. The TV companies are missing out on a fortune because I would buy every_single_thing to do with Vengeance Unlimited! VU toilet paper? I'll take it!

123home123

[8]Aug 24, 2006
    I hadn't really thought of VU toilet paper before. Glad to see another fan on the board, although I'll stick with the DVDs...if they ever get released.

That's pretty cool that the show aired in the UK recently. I wish someone here in the U.S. would air it again.
    Edited on 08/24/2006 7:59pm

charley623

[9]Feb 25, 2007
    Vengeance Unlimited was one of the best shows in years and I have been looking for reruns or DVD's ever since. With all of the crappy reality shows there need to be more that leave you with the good ingenious plans and warm feeling that justice is served, without bothering the police or going to court(where only the criminals have rights). It's still hard to believe this show doesn't even make the cable repeats.

spensergirl

[10]Jul 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    I posted some info on why creators (Simkins and MacNamara) thought, even way back when, that it might never come out on DVD. I posted it on the welcome thread, along with some other info about the show and them. One of their reasons was that the felt getting the rights to the music they used in it was a drawback, plus WB owned rights lock stock and barrel.

Glad to see a VU board up again, even if only a few people are on it. Wish there were more.

Anyway, thanks for starting one.

123home123

[11]Jul 29, 2007
    It's always possible that WB could replace the music. Not ideal but better than nothing. This was done with other DVDs like Northern Exposure.