Vengeance Unlimited Forums

ABC (ended 1999)

Welcome to the "Vengeance Unlimited" forum

123home123

[1]Jun 24, 2006
    • level: 55
    It seems that this is the very first post on this forum. Since the show was cancelled more than 7 years ago and there are no DVDs available, there hasn't been that much interest in it. I saw from my blog that there are at least a few VU fans on TV.com. We should keep the memory of the show alive in our small way, hoping that some day the show will be released on DVD.

Has the show ever aired in syndication?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

deaddogkelly

[2]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 1
    I have never seen this show in syndication. I have kicked myself a hundred times for not taping them when they aired. But I never give up hope of a dvd release. There are so many old shows getting released all the time. Having Michael star in his own show was wonderful, but the bonus was actually loving the scripts. Like another show I loved (Stingray) Vengeance Unlimited was yanked too soon by the network.

bricoleur

[3]Feb 17, 2007
    • level: 3
    man I remember this show it was like the equlizer.

randbluthy

[4]Feb 20, 2007
    • level: 3
    I loved this show-----am glad i transfered it to dvd--not that my reception was perfect-but at least the stories are good and i loved the interaction of the characters

123home123

[5]Feb 20, 2007
    Wow, two new posts on this board in the same week. This forum has been quite desolate over the last six months.

I still haven't heard anything about syndication in the U.S. or a DVD set.

spensergirl

[6]Jul 27, 2007
    • level: 2
    Hi All, Another VU Fan. I also loved this show. It was the most intelligent, well crafted, kick ass show I have ever seen. We were very lucky, that while trying to save the show in 1999, the creators, David Simkins and John MacNamara, came on our message board we had then and were so humble and kind to us for our efforts. Better yet, they were nice enough to tell us how they set up scenes, where they came up with the ideas for certain episodes, how they thought up the concept, etc. It was truly fascinating. What blew me away was how grateful and humbled they were that we were trying to help save their show and loved it as much as they did. They really loved this show too. They would even update us (on the board) of their meetings and how negotiations were going. It was so very sad the day they told us it was canceled. Anyway, glad to see some VU fans around still. They (Simkins/MacNamara) had told us they did not know if it would ever come out on DVD as WB owned it lock, stock and barrel and I believe they also said some of the rights to the music they used in it, made it harder. I have them all on VCR tapes and am so glad I do. When we evacuate for hurricanes, hey...they are some of the first things I take. Happily involved with someone who has not ever seen the show, but hey, can't have everything. LOL. Good to find some here who have seen it however. Hope we can chat about it. Spense
    Edited on 07/27/2007 5:37pm

chaosrainz

[7]Jul 30, 2007
    • level: 17
    This show was fantastic. I've never forgiven them for cancelling it.
    I've not seen or heard anything about dvds or syndication.

123home123

[8]Jul 30, 2007
    I would even settle for online airings. AOL has their In2TV online service where you can watch episodes of many older shows online for free. It's all legal too. iTunes or Amazon Unbox Videos are other possibilities.

All of these options would pose less risk for the studio. They wouldn't have to spend money on manufacturing DVD sets and hope that people would buy them. If they release the episodes online through one of the services named above, it wouldn't cost that much. There would be no manufacturing expenses. I really hope they do something like that someday.

jakebond88

[9]Oct 4, 2007
    has anyone checked out tvsleuths.com? they say they have the dvd's to the show....but I'm skeptical....

123home123

[10]Oct 4, 2007
    That's an unofficial DVD of questionable legality. Probably questionable quality too.

pegpru

[11]Dec 15, 2007
    I am also a major fan of VU - a show that was way ahead of its time! Today, it would be a major hit, probably on cable. (I'm thinking of the awesome Dexter on Showtime.) The TV Sleuths DVD's are of terrible quality. I know someone who got them and he said they were barely watchable. I'm sure they are illegal also. I would absolutely buy a legitimate set (and so would my sister). We both loved this show! The plots were excellent, the characters (especially Mr. Chapel) were complex and fascinating, the writing was clever, and Michael Madsen was outstanding. I believe that WB, or whoever owns the rights, would make a fortune. There are many fans, and a new waiting audience to discover this series.