Vengeance Unlimited

ABC (ended 1999)

123home123

Vengeance Unlimited Fan Reviews (9)

• Brilliant but cancelled - network execs screw up another chance to air a great show with an interesting moral conflict as its premise instead of another watered-down, generic sitcom.

I sorely miss this show. It was a cut above normal tv fare and presented a morally conflicted character in a responsible and intriguing way. As our nation faces another year imbroiled in a war we entered for "vengeance" it is a current topic that needs to be discussed. When is it okay to take the law in to one's own hands? Do the ends justify the means? Would we truly feel safer if we knew there was someone like Mr. Chapel who was willing to exact his own brand of vengeance or would it lead to anarchy? Television is the medium that transcends all boundaries - it was nice that for a while it was used to address issues that were of concern to all of us. A complete shame this show is not still on the air and instead the networks serve us up another round of brainless "reality" shows demonstrating the worst in human behaviour.