Veritas: The Quest

Mummy Virus

Aired Wednesday 8:00 PM Unknown on ABC

• One of the best of the series all round!

Solomon and the Veritas Foundation get involved with more than they hoped for when they bring back a mummy from Peru.
    Kelladyne corporation had hired them to find the mummy and the question is are they on the same side as Solomon or not?

This episode involves one of my ‘favourite’ enemies of mankind…. The virus! So it already has me well and truly on its side before we even get to the first ad break.

There are a number of story ideas in this episode that show how this series could actually be opened up, allowing it to get away from the ‘ search for the ancient relic of the week’ it has been so far.

There is a lot to like in this story, from the beginning we get to see the team in a more relaxed mode and uncover more about them while doing so.
    Maggie not only gets to actually get involved for more than a few scenes for a change, she also gets to have an interesting conversation with Solomon about her feelings for him.

Vincent again hints at his dodgy and dubious background when explaining what Kelladyne are up to while laying siege outside the Veritas base.
    “I don’t want to know how you know this stuff” Solomon says to him.
    “No man you really don’t!” comes the reply from Vincent

We even get a number of scenes with Calvin and Nikko at a ski resort. As fun as the banter between them is though all the growing animosity between the two of them does is bring Calvin down to Nikkos level.
    As I’ve said before, and no doubt will do again, Nikko is just an annoying brat who really gets on my nerves. This continual verbal fencing only ends up detracting from Calvins character, makes him seem as annoying as Nikko!