Veronica Mars

Betty and Veronica

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Mar 29, 2005 on UPN

• Review

Impressive storytelling technique used by the writers in this episode I thought. The flashbacks really worked well in this epsiode in revealing Veronicas need to have her mother back in her life. She gives away everything to get her back, but it will have to wait a little while before that happens. The episode was then split in two from there - with the season long case being worked on a little bit and another random, but fun and entertaining, little case for Veronica to solve. The parrot case being connected to the weird betting was easy to see, though I didnt think that one of Neptunes own members was going to be the one who kidnapped the parrot. I thought that was a neat little twist. There was some devolopment made in the murder of Lily Kane, with Veronica trying to get a one up on the man that all ready has a one up on her. It seems that she has infiltrated his office with a bug of her own, which should help her finish out this case as the season draws closer and closer to a close. Overall, solid episode using a lot of the same techniques that made the early episodes great as well.