A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

With yesterday's news that the complete Veronica Mars series is now available to stream on Amazon Prime, will you be scheduling a marathon ahead of the Kickstarter-funded movie release?

poll

Getting started on that marathon now? Follow along with Price Peterson's detailed dossiers and look out for some unexpected cameos...

The Veronica Mars Season 1 Dossier: Episodes 1-8
The Veronica Mars Season 1 Dossier: Episodes 9-16
The Veronica Mars Season 1 Dossier: Episodes 17-22

The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 1-4
The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 5-8
The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 9-12
The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 13-16
The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 17-19
The Veronica Mars Season 2 Dossier: Episodes 20-22

The Veronica Mars Season 3 Dossier: Episodes 1-4
The Veronica Mars Season 3 Dossier: Episodes 5-8

Price's marathon was interrupted by his own TV writing efforts, but if anyone wants to grab the torch and run with it, we'd love to see some marathon posts!
48 Comments
Comments (48)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Okay so I've never seen this show before but got interested for the upcoming movie. Result: totaly addicted and have now watched all 3 seasons in just 9 days.
And I've you're wondering if I don't have a life that allows me to do that.
In those nine days I also went to work normally, celebrated the birthday of 2 of my friends, my own birthday, cuddling with my two year old niece, enjoying some extremely good weather and spending time with friends.
Sleep however is overrated.
Is it March 14th already, I need more Veronica Mars!
Flag
I did the same thing :) every time I came from work as much as I can I watched them !!!

Flag
Impressive work!
Flag
And then you find out that the Veronica Mars movie won't be playing in the theaters in Holland! Sometimes life just isn't fair!
Flag
I might do a condensed version (just the story driven stuff, none of the fluff). Don't get me wrong, I love fluff, but time gets away from me. So V-Mars-Ites, if I was to condense the series to 16-20 episodes, which episodes would you recommend?
Flag
That's a great question, and worthy of its own post - any volunteers?

I would say that the majority of those 16-20 should be concentrated in the 2nd half of season 1!
Flag
I don't know how to post :P Should clarify that those 16-20 episodes need to give you the basics in everything :)
Flag
I ticked yes but I haven't started yet! It's not too late is it? *Runs around wildly*
Flag
I may or may not, I've seen it multiple times and now I have a TV where DVDs don't look too great.. still wish it was on Blu-ray since iTunes has them in HD lol WB should start a kickstarter for that :p
Flag
We are on 6 weeks of school holidays. My 17 year old daughter and I have been rewatching a few episodes everyday when we can steal the tv from my other minions. I am suprised that miss 17 can remember things from the show from 9 years ago. She was 9 then.
Flag
Wait, what? There is going to be a full movie starring VERONICA MARS? Now now, please, let it be real...
Flag
Oh yeah, I probably should start watching this since I never actually finished season 3...

Okay, so I know that makes me like the worst Veronica Mars fan, but at least I donated to the movie effort :)

I don't know, Veronica Mars and I have a complicated relationship. I'd heard such wonderful things about the first season that I ended up marathoning through it prior to the season 2 premiere. And I was pumped! Like super excited to start watching and discussing this show (that I now had fallen in love with) from week to week. But then season 2 was kind of a disaster and I pretty much felt betrayed. Seriously, that final villain reveal was one of the worst ever, imo. I'm pretty sure my brain's reation was something like the following: Wait, for real? Are you serious show? This is your big bad? You're kidding right? WTF!

So, by the time season 3 aired, my devotion to this series was significantly diminished and nothing about the early part of season 3 was helping to dissuade that opinion. And well, I only watched maybe the first 5-8 episodes before quiting altogether.

But with the movie coming out and my love of Veronica (despite how things ended), I should probably watch the series over again and in full this time. Maybe season 2 won't be as bad as I remember. But that villain is still annoying as hell, I just rewatched that part of the episode to see if I was recalling it correctly and yep, pretty sure I'm never getting over that whole revelation about him being responsible for every bad thing that has ever happened to Veronica. Ugh.

Anyway rant over, and don't get me wrong, I actually am very excited to see the movie, honest :)
More+
Flag
The series did unfortunately have a tendency to drag out its mysteries after Season 1, so much so you would think a plot was finished (or an investigation closed) only for the writers to change the outcome many episodes later which became rather annoying.
Flag
On it already!
Flag
Yeah, i already started re-watching all my favorite episode from season one, i'll move on to season two probably next week.
Flag
I probably should watch it. Never seen it before.
Flag
Damn Peer Pressure.
Flag
DO IT.
Flag
It's all kinds of wonderful so you definitely should!
Flag
You should! Season 1 is fantastic.
Flag
Staff
Good idea! I might just have to watch it all in time for the movie. I haven't seen it in so long but I bet it'd be even better to relive it now that I know the actors so much better. I spot them ALL over the place!
Flag
If you start today and watch an episode a day, you'll watch the series finale the morning the movie comes out. :)
Flag
That was my plan to re-watch the series! Unfortunately, another friend of mine has borrowed my complete boxset, and then I told my roommate he had to watch the series (he's never seen it) before it comes out. With all the other television I watch I'm not too sure how my complete series marathon will go...
Flag
I probably won't marathon it for the simple fact that I've seen every episode multiple times already, I YouTube my favorite clips way too often, and my DVR would be full in a week if I ignored it haha.

That being said, I'll definitely go back and watch some of my favorite episodes. I might even make a dart board with Piz's face on it so I don't hurt my TV. :)
Flag
I'd love to try it…however, I'm swamped with work right now, so I'll probably wait until the movie comes out on DVD and watch everything then, at my pace, a year behind everyone else (even though I'm totally excited)… :(
Flag
Follow this Show
Members