A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

Like many of you this past March, I spent hours glued to my computer, refreshing a Kickstarter page for a proposed Veronica Mars movie. It wasn't until about six hours after it launched that someone told me it refreshed automatically. Whatever. Today all that refreshing paid off. The first footage from the Veronica Mars movie premiered at Comic Con to a super-packed Hall H. And even though I woke up at 6am and waited in line for four-plus hours and still didn't even get close to the door, everything's all right because this movie is real and that's all that matters. It also didn't hurt that Rob Thomas had previously sent an e-mail to the film's backers announcing that the footage from the panel would be available for the whole world to see shortly after Comic-Con.

This isn't the panel (though we'll post that as soon as it's available), but here's your first look at a film that's been six years in the making:

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2007

Season 3 : Episode 20

52 Comments
Comments (52)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
OMG! It looks amazing, I'm so happy right now, I can't even.
Flag
Oh my God, it looks awesome. I'm almost crying now, can't wait for the movie. But it seems like Veronica is still with Piz!!!!! If LoVe don't end up together, Rob Thomas is going to have a problem.
Flag
I'm a backer and it looks like money well spent! Maybe we can keep making more VM movies!
Flag
Watching this makes me wish the movie was being released NOW!
I really can't wait to see this, I need some LoVe in my life!
Flag
And wow, EVERYONE is there! What a reunion!
Flag
Yay!!!! I love them so much. :) It looks good!
Flag
SO EXCITED!!!
Flag
Oh man...yeah can't wait!
Flag
They put a Buffy reference in the VM movie. It's like it really wants to be my favorite thing ever. :)

I've watched this a bunch already. So ready for it to be 2014.
Flag
Alright... where can I buy my ticket?

And Rob, when you finish filming the movie... how about getting Warner to do a proper complete series set? A lot of us would truly appreciate it.
Flag
I cant waaaiiiittt!!!!
Flag
I'm not gonna lie...I actually teared up. The chills along my spine and the goosebumps on my arms are proof that this wasn't just an ordinary show. It was something special. I am so glad so many people pitched in to make this happen, and I love that despite a lack of promise that all of our favorite characters would return, it looks like each and every actor believed in Veronica Mars just as much as their fans. 2014 is going to be a great year, if for no other reason than for the return of the best darn detective television has ever known. :-)
Flag
I'm SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Amazeballs
Flag
Hi Kaitlin, welcome to the site----

...wait, when and where did the job posting go up?
Flag
This!
Flag
Can't wait :D This whole thing has been pretty crazy and awe-inspiring. The best thing about it is that you can tell how happy the cast was to find out just how much the fans loved the show and how far they'd go to get a movie going for it.

It's a tragedy that it only got three seasons.
Flag
Oh, and giving a shout out to Buffy, which is my second favorite show of all time (behind Angel), makes it even more awesome.
Flag
This is going to be a long wait. Im so excited. Good thing Ill have some t-shirts to wear to contain that excitement. Weavel being well dressed and proper looking is hilarious. Marshmellows 4 life.

PS Welcome Kaitlin.
Flag
I can't wait to see this movie.
Flag
omg thank you thank you thank you! I cant stop watching!
Flag
just like with the announcement of Doctor Who series 1-4 coming out on Blu-ray, I got so excited about this that I almost threw up. now if only they'd put Veronica Mars on Blu-ray.. it's in HD on iTunes so why not?!
Flag
i can't wait omg i am so excited!!!
Flag
Welcome Kaitlin! As much as I want to see this movie I didn't want to stand in line for this. I already knew Kristen wouldn't be there, and I had other things to do. So thanks for doing it for us. How does it feel to be the NEW GIRL on this prestigious site? Anyone who digs Veronica is just great from the get-go and I'm already a fan. From what I've seen so far this looks way better than the rehash of Arrested Development--the most evident thing being it doesn't look anything like schedule juggling, but totally an "I wanna be here as much as you do," vibe. Every now and then Life tosses you a little bone(us) and this certainly qualifies. Thanks, New Girl--okay, I won't call you that anymore and I'm really glad ta have ya...
Flag
Very excited about this. I just hope the movie is good. The last thing i would want is the last installment of Veronica Mars leaving a sour taste in my mouth. One of the strengths of the show was the complex stories and multitude of charcters. I wonder how they are gonna condense that into one movie. Still. Very very excited.
Now a Buffy movie. Please.
Flag
After all these years, that the relatively small show that was VM is getting a movie, is just all shades of awesome... I stalk every bit that comes out, including the comicon video which looked great ... As a backer, I loved the reference to the kickstarter campaign (I did spend all that whole day refreshing the screen and getting increasingly giddy...

Some fab things from the video:
Piz and his hellmouth remark - just BRILLIANT... Chris Lowell is too adorable
Veronica punching a b*tch
Mac's great new haircut
Dick's belt accessory(generally Ryan Hansen doing anything - he plays the perfect dumb blonde)
Jamie Lee Curtis interviewing Veronica - this show always had the most amazing cameos and guest actors
Flag
Dick's belt was so funny and so typical Casablancas.
Flag
YAYAYA!!!
Flag
amazing.
i`m still awed! thank you guys! and thanks to every fan who could contribute!
the movie will be so brilliant, every one working on this project loves this show so much! and wouldn`t dare to disappoint ;-)
Flag
I just... I've been waiting for this moment for six years, I still can't believe it's actually happening. I'm not very articulate at the moment, sorry, too busy fangirling.
Flag
You go, fangirl...
Flag
8 hours of uninterrupted fangirling and counting... :D
Flag
Exactly!
Flag
AWESOME!!
Flag
I am not someone who gets overly excited but seeing this footage made me hyperventilate. I just cannot believe that this movie is happening, dreams come true!
Flag
Alright looks good. Be nice if they could bring it back as a TV series..
Flag
I'm a proud backer, great to finally see some actual footage, it's got me to a knew stage of pumped! Also, the line: 'It actually does sit on a Hellmouth'. Best. Homage. To. Buffy. Ever.

Cannot wait!
Flag
This is so awesome, I can't wait!!
Flag
Can't wait for this movie!
Flag
Veronica Mars!!!!
Love U kristen :)
Flag
yay!
Flag
Awesome! I just burned through the brilliant first season of Veronica Mars for the first time and am psyched for the movie!
Flag
It's so great this movie's happening, it's going to make a lot of people happy.
Flag
you got that right...
Flag
This is awesome.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members