A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

How many of you contributed to the Kickstarter for this movie? I did! I love getting their updates :)

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2007

Season 3 : Episode 20

Comments (45)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
I contributed and it is literally one ofthe best things Ive done this year. The updates are awesome and I can't wait for the movie to be released next year. I'm also in awe at what an incredible cast VM has and the sense of community they created all those years ago that clearly still holds power today...mind blowing!
Flag
Staff
Agreed on all points!
Flag
I sent RT an email asking about the possibility of letting me do statistical breakdown of all the backers (how many from each state/country, how many in each age group, how many male/female, etc.) I haven't heard back from him yet, but considering he probably gets hundreds if not thousands of emails every day, I imagine it will take some time for his people to get to reading mine. I think it would be intersting to see how the VM fans are spread out over the various categories.

Flag
Staff
I would LOVE to see that data. I hope he lets you do the project. You'll have to keep us updated if you do it!
Flag
After 2 months and no reply, I forwarded the email to a different email addy on the VM movie site. I got a reply back that it will be read in the next 2-3 days so we will see what happens.
Flag
Staff
Awesome!
Flag
Staff
I got my shirt too! So excited.
Flag
Got my VM t-shirt in the mail today! w00t! They have to have read my email by now concerning doing stats on the kickstarter backers. They are probably worried about giving out possibly sensitive information about 91,000 people to someone they don't know, and I can understand that, but they could at least reply back and tell me that instead of just not replying at all.
Flag
I'm a proud VM backer! and if RT writes another VM script, I'll back that one too!
Flag
I did!
Flag
I did. Anything to get me some more Veronica Mars. I didn't discover this show until the third season (because my cable provider didn't carry UPN), but I was instantly hooked. I thought the pitch for season 4 was awesome and was totally bummed The CW failed to pick it up. I'm SO excited for the movie!
Flag
Staff
Me too, I would have LOVED to have seen the next season. Oh well, a movie will work! :)
Flag
I contributed too. I wouldn't say I'm the biggest Veronica Mars fan in the world, but I'm a television fan in general, and being a part of bringing back one of television's most recent cult series was something I just had to do.

Don't know how much I would have actually ended up donating, but once the rewards got to owning the entire series on DVD (which I already own) I figured I didn't need to donate anymore. I also convinced one of my friends to donate after she said that she wouldn't.
Flag
Staff
Good work! The rewards were pretty awesome for this one.
Flag
Yup
Flag
I just *HAD* to contribute!
Can't wait to get my t shirt & DVD.
I'm just really hoping it'll be released on the big screen in my area (fingers & toes permanently crossed), I would love to get to see this movie at the theater...
Flag
Staff
For sure! I'm looking forward to my shirt too :)
Flag
Ok I have heard many of you talk about this show, and I believe I even saw Price doing reviews of the episodes but, is this show really that good? Of course if you're in this community you like it, but I would like to know why. Or at least what other shows you can compare it to before I load up and marathon the show. Thanks and thanks and thanks.
Flag
Yep, what PaulaGonzalez said...
Flag
I'm not a zealot like nearly everyone else, I like it a lot but some parts I admire but don't really embrace. It may not end up being one of your favourite shows but without hesitation I can tell you it is definitely a show that you should try, you'll get the gist pretty quickly from the first episode. I watched the whole show in a few weeks about six months ago and while I had misgivings it wore me down, it's the kind of show that I think you embrace more and more as you watch on. The wry banter between Veronica and her dad didn't always work for me, in fact I couldn't shake Price's idea from his recaps that at times their relationship seemed more like flirting than father/daughter. It does go to great lengths to make the private detective aspect intelligent and believable and the season long arcs are masterfully done. The characters tend not to be enlightened in terms of social tolerance but that's somewhat excusable due to the neo-noir theme. I could go on but they were the first things that came to mind. All in all I like it a lot and I'm looking forward to seeing the movie.
More +
Flag
I'm not a zealot, either, mind you! I know VM is far from perfect, it's a flawed show in more than one respect. But when it hit the right notes, it did it masterfully. One of the things that I appreciate the most about the show it the fact that you can tell it was really thought-out, Rob Thomas had a pretty clear idea about where he wanted to go and how to reach that destination, and it showed (the road might be a bit bumpy, but still, watching the arcs unfold and reach their conclusion is quite rewarding)
Flag
Well, it all depends on what kind of shows tickle your pickle. I have a theory yet to be discredited that if you watch VM's pilot, you'll get hooked. It combines several genres - mystery, drama, humour, romance (much a la Buffy - hey, if you have watched Buffy you'll find more than one Buffy alumni in VM...) but it's mainly a neo-noir mystery show. The first two season have a main arc developed throughout the season, it has stand-alone episodes but even in those there are some references or key events that lead up to the resolution of the main arc. It has a kick-as female lead: smart, snarky, resourceful (so if you're not into BAMF ladies, then it's not you're type of show). The dialogue and writing is amazing as well, and the plot twists quite shocking if you're a first time viewer who hasn't been spoiled. It has one of the best father-daughter relationship ever portrayed on TV. And it deals with a lot of social and class issues as well. I don't know, if you find any of the above attractive in a show, then you should most definitely check it out. Maybe you would like to test my theory?
More +
Flag
Well I've done the first 4 episodes, and I'm sad to say I'm not really that into it. It's not a bad show, it just doesn't suck me into its world. But with that being said, I will finish the series because I've started it and it isn't bad. And as for your theory, I guess you can stay it still holds true because of my compulsion to finish what I start haha
Flag
Oh that's a bummer! That's okay, you can take the honor of being the person who disproved my theory. I still hope that if you keep on watching, it'll "suck you into its world". Let me know what you think of 1x05 and 1x10. Those are two of the highlights from the first half of the season. And I agree with CaitilinRice, the second half of the season is amazing.
P.S.: who killed Lilly Kane, in your opinion?
P.S.2: Glad to know I'm not the only one who MUST finish watching a show...
Flag
I'll be honest. I loved the pilot but the next couple of episodes were so-so for me, but after those the show really started to hit its groove and the episodes got better and better. The second half of season one is just wonderful. I'm glad that you're going to watch some more episodes even if it's solely due to a compulsion to finish them I think that's the only reason I still watch glee. :)
Flag
Well, I think the problem is 1x02 Credit where Credit's due (*cough*ParisHilton*cough*. But I think Meet John Smith and You Think You Know Somebody are great episodes, and it was still early on. That being said, you're right: the second half of the season is amazing.
Flag
Thanks for taking the time to explain the show to me and I will test your theory out soon.
Flag
Please do let us know how it turns out!
Flag
Staff
Agreed! J_Pip, definitely let us know what you think when you watch it!
Flag
This pretty much sums it up!
Flag
I could've gone on and on, I never know quite how to answer when somebody asks me what's so great about VM.
Flag
I contributed and of course couldn't pick which t-shirt I wanted after they changed the blinds one so just had to get the two of them. First world problems eh?
Flag
I suffered the same fate. :)
Flag
Staff
I had the same problem!
Flag
I did as well. Didn't have much to give but wanted to contribute at least a little to one of my favorites & see where this new business model goes. Plus I thought it would be cool to have the script (which I'm not reading until after I see the movie). Wish I could've gotten the digital copy & a T-shirt :P I love the updates, too!
Flag
I tried but my contribution got kicked out at the last minute... That's the problem of living in a country with crazy currency exchange laws... :'(
Flag
Staff
Aw sad! I agree with No1Slayerette, it's the thought that counts!
Flag
It's the thought that counts. And at least the movie is still getting made.
Flag
That's what I tell myself everyday... *sigh* Still, it would've been pretty sweet to get the script and the t-shirt. Someday...
Flag
I did. Worth it for the digital copy alone.
Flag
Staff
I agree! & the t-shirt :)
Flag
were you asked to be in the film? I heard whomever contributed were welcome to come film a scene or something like that?
Flag
Staff
What No1Slayerette & CaitlinRice said. But I wish! Would have been awesome.
Flag
If you donated a certain amount of money, yeah. $2,500 I think.
Flag
You had to contribute at a particular level.
Flag
Follow this Show
Members