A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

... The crowd-funded Veronica Mars movie debuted this weekend in just 291 theaters, raking in $2 million in its opening days. That's not terrible, but also not great. And according to Buzzfeed, the movie would need to make about $12 million to make a profit, meaning Kickstarter-funded movie projects probably won't become the next big thing anytime soon. But even though the movie didn't go gangbusters at the box office, fans of the series (including our own Kaitlin Thomas, who reviewed the film right here) seemed pretty happy with the result. [Buzzfeed]

BUSINESS TIME

... Esquire Network has ordered 10 episodes of the reality series Lucky Bastards, a bro-fest that follows six rich and privileged dudes in New York City as they, I dunno, make real-estate deals and drink fancy cocktails and date trashy women, I guess. It's being described as a male version of the Real Housewives franchise, and the cast includes former Bachelor star Lorenzo Borghese. Congratulations to Esquire, for finding the most Esquirey show it could! [The Wrap]

... Super hilarious blue-collar and redneck comedian Bill Engvall will be the subject of his own reality series because this guy clearly sold his soul for fame. The project is only in development at the moment and hasn't yet been attached to a network, so let's all cross our fingers and pray it stays that way. (News flash: I do not care for Bill Engvall!) [THR]

... Nick at Nite has canceled its original series See Dad Run, which starred Scott Baio as an actor who becomes a stay-at-home dad while his actress wife tries to make it big. If you need help to get you through this troubling time, I recommend doing literally anything other than watching See Dad Run. [Deadline Hollywood]

... Glee star Chris Colfer will prove to fans that in addition to singing and acting he can also write, by penning an episode of the current season because creator Ryan Murphy said, "Yo Chris, wanna write an episode of Glee?" It shouldn't be too hard for the talented kid, he's already written an indie feature and is the author of a series of children's books. [TV Line]

... As if your childhood nostalgia hasn't already been destroyed by TV remakes, the HUB Network is launching a new series based on those lovable foldable robots The Transformers. The computer-animated series will take place years after the big Autobot and Decepticon battle in Transformers Prime and follow Bumblebee as he leads a new team of Autobots. [HUB Network via press release] 

CASTING NEWS

... Katharine McPhee (Smash, American Idol) is easy on the eyes. In other news, she's landed a starring role in the CBS drama pilot Scorpion. The potential series follows an eccentric genius who uses a team of international super smarties to help defend the world against new threats. Don't worry, McPhee will not be playing a genius! She'll play a friendly waitress who helps care for the team. Eddie Kaye Thomas (American Pie) is also joining the series as a behaviorist and member of Team Genius. [THR / Deadline Hollywood]

... Jason Jones of The Daily Show will star opposite Leslie Bibb in NBC's romantic comedy pilot Love Is Relative. He'll play one half of a couple that reexamines their relationship when the wife's recently divorced brother moves in with them. And just in case you needed a reason to root against an NBC romantic comedy, if this show gets picked up to series, Jason Jones would leave The Daily Show and we can't let that happen. [THR]

... CBS's Criminal Minds is finding one of its upcoming killers in Scrantonicity! Brian Baumgartner (The Office's Kevin) will guest-star as the sicko of the week in the 22nd episode of this season. [TV Line]

... Former Spice Girl and America's Got Talent judge Mel B. (Scary Spice) has joined the NBC tennis comedy pilot The Pro, from Rob Lowe. Since this news was announced via Rob Lowe's Twitter (which is apparently a thing now because he did it last week, too), I have no details on what role she'll be playing. But I'm guessing she'll play a woman. [Rob Lowe's Twitter]

SAD NEWS

... On Saturday, comedian David Brenner passed away at the age of 78 due to complications from cancer. Brenner made more than 150 appearances on The Tonight Show during Johnny Carson's reign and even filled in as substitute host on multiple occasions. [SF Gate]

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2007

Season 3 : Episode 20

95 Comments
Follow this Show
Members