A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

Stop what you're doing. Alert the media. Call for backup. Because after months and months of waiting, the Veronica Mars movie finally has a premiere date. According to Entertainment Weekly, Veronica, Logan, Wallace, Mac, and Dick will be coming to a movie screen (hopefully) near you on March 14, 2014, a year and a day after the Kickstarter to fund the movie was launched.

The film, as you probably know by now but I'll remind you anyway, follows Veronica—who's now a bigshot lawyer in New York City and also dating Piz—as she travels back to Neptune, California following the arrest of her former boyfriend and reformed obligatory psychotic jackass, Logan Echolls. Naturally, he's been accused of murdering his popstar girlfriend, because that's just the sort of thing that happens to Logan. Oh, and it also happens to be Veronica's 10-year high school reunion, and nearly every 09er you hated is back, because what fun would a VM film be without Madison Sinclair? In fact, EW also has a clip of Veronica's first meeting with Madison, and it's worth a look for the snark factor alone.

So go ahead and circle March 14, 2014 on your calendar, even if it means you have to go out and buy a 2014 calendar, and I'll see all of you at the theater. 

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2007

Season 3 : Episode 20

52 Comments
Comments (52)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
SO EXCITED!!!
Flag
I *so* loves watching Veronica Mars :) I can't wait to follow up!
Flag
Staff
Comment test.
Flag
Finally a release date! I will be clearing my calendar that day.
Flag
Staff
CAN. NOT. WAIT. Did you see the clip on Entertainment Weekly yesterday? Squee!

Flag
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!
I just hope they release it in countries outside the US as well. I would love to watch the movie on the big screen and I really don't want to wait additional months until the DVD gets released. On my, I'm so excited, I can't wait!
Flag
that means its a V.M. Season party each friday at my house to get all ready for the MOVIE
Flag
Date is circled and movie been paid for. Can't wait for the fun to start.
Flag
It's good to be able to finally circle a date on the calendar!
Flag
Fuck yes!!!!! Thats all I can say. I hope it gets released in Nz I have to watch it on the big screen
Flag
I am dying to see this finally happen!
Flag
FINALLY!
Flag
Oh sooo excited!!! So who is going to let me barrow their time machine, I need to jump to March. Can't wait.
Flag
2014 is already off to a great start before it even started! Oh man, I just can't wait for that classic VM snark that I love oh so much.
Flag
I have a secret to get off my chest. I haven't yet watched the last half of season 3 of Veronica Mars. I know, I know!!! When I heard it was cancelled I just couldn't go through with it; too painful. Now I can finally do it to prepare myself for the movie. *sigh. You don't know how much that has been eating away at me over the years.
Flag
I also haven't seen the last three episodes of the show. It was too painful for me too. But I can finally finish the show knowing that there will still be more Veronica Mars coming.
Flag
It's okay, I understand. I've only watched the series finale twice, personally. The first time, I legit threw a fit, (and whacked the TV with a pillow) and started screaming. ( I think my dad was considering having me institutionalized: he had literally never seen someone lose their mind over a TV show, as I did that night.)
The second time was only because I had told myself "Self, you have matured into an older, wiser person since you last watched this series. Half of your favorite TV series are cancelled, this one comes to an end just like the rest of them. You are a young adult now, you have to be able to handle this." and still, I was extremely disappointed. And I just CAN'T watch that FBI teaser trailer...it just twists up my insides and breaks my heart all over again, into a million tiny pieces.
But a movie! Huzzah, for the Veronica Mars Movie!!! :)
Flag
That is *sooooo* freaky. I also call myself 'Self' when having conversations with myself.
Flag
YAY!!!
I've been waiting my whole life for this moment! (Okay, well, not my whole life...but...for many months!) I'm totally gonna rock my VM t-shirt at the theater. :)
WOOO!!!!!!!
Flag
Hells yes! Totally needs to wear my VM t-shirt that day. Great idea!
Flag
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop!
Any word on European date? Specifically Ireland? :)
Flag
They've gotta give something for us international marshmallows! :)
Flag
Also: Ew, Piz.
Flag
It better end up being a LoVe story or I'm going to get piz'ed.
Flag
Oh my! I can't wait. Too bad it won't be openning in Argentina. Well maybe... What a joke. I'll have to use other ways to see it.
Flag
Can't wait and that Madison clip is great!
Flag
I'm over the moon that this is happening and premiering in just a couple of months. But is it coming out in the same day or is it going to be delayed for a couple of weeks/months for us Aussies down under? I hope that it's the former as I can't wait to watch it!!!
Flag
OMG!!!! I can't wait.
Flag
Staff
Want to provide a link to Cory's excellent piece about the Kickstarter aspect of the movie that spurred on an equally excellent discussion in the comments. Well worth the re-read.
Flag
I hope the long wait hasn't ruined the vibe.
Flag
YES! I can't wait.
Flag
Best news!
Flag
My only question: will Ken Marino be singing 'Private Eyes' again?
Flag
And will Kristen sing "One Or Another" again? Seriously, she rocked that song off in Season 1!
Flag
Every time I hear that song I now can't help but remember that scene.
Flag
I have her version on my ipod! :)
Flag
Even though I feel like death, I've been doing a happy dance since last night. And as RT so cleverly pointed out on Twitter in comes out on Pi day which is fitting since she was P.I. Man I love corny humor. :)
Flag
Pi? 14.3.14?
Flag
if you write the date 3.14.14

except, pi is 3.14159...... so we're a year early for it to be pi.....

Did i mention that this is kind of totally boring compared to Veronica Mars' return. I don't care what day she does so long as it is SOON!
Flag
March 14th, 2014, a day that will live in infamy. I don't care if it's in 2 theaters on the west coast, I WILL BE THERE!
Flag
I will most definitely join you!
Peace, Love, and Veronica Mars.
See you in March, fellow marshmallow!
Flag
Follow this Show
Members
  • 8:30 pm
    Judge Judy
    NEW
    CBS
  • 9:00 pm