A Veronica Mars Community
UPN (ended 2007)

Someday, students of history will look back on this time period and discuss—at great length, I hope—shipping wars. What they are, why they were important to our psyche and our popular culture, and most importantly, who was involved in them. Can't you just picture a class that focuses on Logan Echolls and Stosh "Piz" Piznarski the way our history classes covered Joseph Stalin and the Red Scare? A seminar that deals with life's really big questions and attempts to understand what life was like before the invention of the DVR? (I imagine that future scholars will refer to that time period the Great Depression Part II.)

Naturally, all history textbooks will include an entire chapter dedicated to Veronica Mars and the 90,000+ fans who pooled their allowance to get a film made after the TV series was unceremoniously canceled without resolving the most epic of love triangles. And yes, I mean epic.

The video below will accompany those textbooks. Released today, it not only contains some new footage from the Veronica Mars movie, it also features the project's actors and producers declaring their support for either Team Logan (Jason Dohring) or Team Piz (Chris Lowell), and explaining where Veronica is at the start of the flim and what brings her back to Neptune. I have pledged my allegiance to Logan Echolls, but either I've gotten soft in my old age or Chris Lowell has worn me down over the years, because I now at least understand the draw of Piz. (This will eventually be known as Piznarski Syndrome.)

It really should go without saying that this clip contains spoilers for the movie, because it includes new footage, so if you OMGTOTALLYDON'TWANTTOKNOWANYTHING, don't watch it. But if you're like me and you can't get enough of the Logan Echolls Smolder (TM), go ahead and click play!

thekaitling:list:team-logan-or-team-piz/

So, are you Team Logan? Or do you subscribe to the Stosh "Piz" Piznarski School of Nice Guys? Follow up question: How damn excited are you for this movie?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/22/2007

Season 3 : Episode 20

102 Comments
Comments (102)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
Who is Piz?

I'm completely serious... I don't remember anybody named, "Piz," from the TV show...
Flag
Staff
This all makes sense to me now having marathoned the series recently. Think I am on team VM+Mac...
Flag
Wait, Beav gets no love just because he's... DEAD?!? And a murderer? And he raped Veronica? Oh, wait, those are all good reasons not to include him. I guess I'll just vote "Logan".
Flag
I've always been a giant Logan shipper from the first time he showed up at her doorstep. I never understood Piz at all, I guess the trailer at least shows me why some people would want him to be with Veronica.
Flag
I have loved Logan since the first time he asked Veronica for help. The trailer worries me. How do we root against Piz if they are having him be the perfect guy? Oh man, I love Logan and I will be crushed if he and Veronica don't end up together. They were always so exciting and fun and they challenged each other. The ending to Veronica Mars sucked but, at least I could imagine Veronica - after realizing how much Logan loved her - racing back to him, jumping into his arms, macking on him hard, and living happily ever after.
Flag
do i think logan is good for V? no
do i think LoVe is an epic love and needs closure on screen? yes
Flag
Logan. No other choice.
Flag
I don't care if it's a movie review. I'm excited. Can't wait to see Dick again.
Flag
So... are we going to start doing movie reviews on this site now?
Cause, yeah, it's Veronica Mars, and we're excited about it... but it's a film now.
Are we going to start talking about the Entourage movie too?
Flag
Aww, c'mon ... don't be that way.
Flag
Yeah, you're right... love trailer! Thanks, Kaitlin!
Flag
Not much of an "epic" love triangle when Logan wins hands down. I don't even know what the Piz ship is called. Viz? Pironica? No contest, between the two, LoVe wins.

As for the future history students discussing shipping wars of this time period, they're better off debating Bangel vs Spuffy and Delena vs Stelena.
Flag
Veronica Mars ?? Who's Veronica Mars ??
Flag
i got so confused when i read this article title! i was (and still am) big fan of veronica mars but i really never noticed there was a love triangle on the show... probably because piz is so easy to dismiss. honestly, i am still not convinced there really is a love triangle here but whatever
Flag
TEAM DICK
Flag
Okay, but more seriously, I love how Ryan Hansen clearly speaks from our collective heart.
Flag
Why did they ever cancel this show?!! And after only 3 seasons!!!!!!!!
Flag
And the worst thing was on the DVD from Season 3 was a sneak peek at what they had in mind for Season 4: Veronica at the FBI. It was awesome!! And then it stopped at about 12 minutes. I was so pissed off the next couple of days....
And: team Logan!
Flag
My dvd boxset didn't have that! Jealous.
Flag
LOGAN! LOGAN! LOGAN!! There love story is epic, Piz is just a detour. Logan and Veronica belong together!
Flag
I always liked her being with Logan, it was the perfect love to me. But I understand that she needed something safe,r and that safer was Piz.
Flag
If she ends up with Piz I will never be completely happy again. At least I was left with the possibility of LoVe when season 3 ended!
Flag
wait, did we watch the same show???

so her first love was Duncan, im not buying the Logan stuff... but thats just me...

Flag
I can't get over her and Duncan. The rest is just filler.
Flag
Her brother? Ha!
Flag
kkkkkkkkkkk
Flag
Team Logan definitively, I can't wait to see the movie.
Flag
For all those wondering Rob confirmed on Twitter Veronica and Piz reconnected and started dating a year ago in New York!
Flag
well, thank god! I was afraid they would have been DATING for 10 years!
Flag
Yeah, that would have really pissed me off. But it sounds like Rob knows what he's doing, I have faith
Flag
I find it hard to vote since we never got to see the progression of how things would have gone with Veronica, Piz and Logan after season 3. So I can't be fair in my judgement. However, end season 3 I am for Veronica/Logan and I felt that Piz at that time, deserved someone who was not still in love with and distracted by someone else. I think at the end of S3 i think Veronica was unbelievably overwhelmed with what all the drama cost her and more specifically her father so I can see her veering toward Piz until Logan got even more of his act together.

However, choosing for myself, I'd pick Stosh.
Flag
I sure hope we get some explanations to what happened after that s3 ending (possibly the worst possible way to end a series?)
Flag
disagree. I actually thought it was strong enough to stand on its own as a series ending since it should how much veronica's actions had cost those most dear around her. An imperfect ending sure, bu not one full of cliffhangers.
Flag
Oh that smoulder. I have watched this too many times so I can see that. I am being stubborn and not mellowing out one bit. :D
Flag
Same here, a grown woman should not react to a short clip the way I am!
Flag
Team Logan from the very first kiss! And also team Wallace and Veronica, I love the two of them!

I'm way too excited about this movie, but I don't care we've waited so long!
Flag
I think it goes without saying that if Veronica Mars was my sister , i'd want her to be with Pizz. That being said she isn't my sister and I'm team LoVe all the way!!
ps. Jason Dorhing has aged really well!
Flag
I'm so excited!!! It's like nothings changed, yet everything has changed. Love Dick! I am and will always be 100% team LoVe.
Flag
A Veronica mars movie?!.. WTW!.. this just me feel.. OLD.. Soooo old... x'D.. and a love traingle?.. come'on!.. Piz was cool.. but he just show up at the end of show.. only with duncan we got a serious love triangle.
Flag
I'm torn between sweet Piz and crazy Logan. But I'd go for Logan because he is who he is but he truly loved Veronica. That was their epic love. And I have a thing for bad boys too ;)
Flag
How is this a shipping war? The poll says it all!

Though Veronica's love life was not the reason why I loved that show...
Flag
That said, movie looks GOOD!!!!! Now I'm super excited about it.

Also, Kristen Bell does not age.
Flag
So I've come to the conclusion that Logan is Veronica's epic love. It's messy and passionate and full of ups and downs, but at the end of the day it's worth it because nobody else makes you feel that way. Piz on the other hand is Veronica's safe love (and replacement for Duncan's absence). It's easy and simple and doesn't come with the baggage of the other type of love, but if you're being honest with yourself it's kinda boring and only present because it's what normal people are suppose to want.

But Veronica is not normal and she's also a little damaged. She's never really been the "nice girl" who looks for a "nice boy" (at least post-Lily). So that's my stance on the whole thing. LoVe FOREVER!!!!!
Flag
ugh, don't compare Piz to Duncan. Totally different. Let's remember that after Duncan found out that Veronica was his sister he still went about sleeping with her and didn't tell her (nor did she know she slept with him). And he also got his ex-girlfriend pregnant and didn't tell Veronica when they dated even when ex-girlfriend went into a coma and then got VM to break so many laws to let them flee the country. He also did not support or comfort Logan in anyway in his trials and tribulations. Duncan is very self absorbed. I guess when you think about it he is just like Lilly just not as energetic. Duncan just sucks.
Flag
Duncan was never her brother - he just thought he might be.
Flag
(Originally in the writing he was until they found out they were to be on a network channel.) Yes, I know he isn't but he totally thought he was is the point.
Flag
I wasn't comparing them or making a statement about my opinion of Duncan or Piz. I was just saying the Piz's basic purpose for the Veronica Mars franchise was to be a replacement for Duncan, continue the love triangle aspect of the show, and be an antagonist for Logan.
Flag
seeeee "replacement" no. "upgrade", yes.
Flag
Pizonica has got nothing on LoVe! My reaction every time a new clip comes out = OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!! Just a couple of months left to go. The film can't come fast enough! #LoVe
Flag
Piz is so not even a contender!! She's so much better even with Duncan than she is with Piz.... buuuutttt LoVe all the way!
Flag
LoVe
Flag
What triangle? I like nice guy Piz as much as anyone else but he was a placeholder and his place in TV shipper war history is only due to the unfair ending of the show after 3 seasons so what should have been a 5-minute long rebound relationship became the actual 'end' of the show.
Let's be serious marshmallows, there is only one guy for Veronica Mars and that's Logan Echolls...
Flag
Team Logan for the Epic love story. Watching this preview made me want more... 2014 is too far away... :(
Flag
I Love Piz and he is the better choice as a guy, but in honesty, for Veronica, Logan is the best match. Piz almost doesn't deserve Veronica. It's unfair to him as Veronica will always have stronger feelings for Logan.

But things and people can change in 10 years. So psyched for the film.
Flag
Sorry, why is Team Piz even a thing? They were together for five minutes at the end of the series.
Team LoVe!
Flag
Exactly! Triangle my ass
Flag
I can't believe I watched that ! Feels like I'm 16 again ...
As for the big question : Veronica should marry Piz and take Logan as a lover.
Flag
and just kill off Duncan? :P
Flag
can't wait to watch the movie :D
Flag
this looks so good!
i love logan but in the long run it should be piz. sorry.
Flag
Logan, of course. Isn't that the main reason we wanted the rest of Veronica's story told so much? Well, I sure did.
Flag
When I read things like this I worry that the movie will just be about trying to please the fans instead of telling the story it should and being as good as it should be. Honestly I wouldn't mind if the only returning characters were Veronica and her dad - Veronica was headed for great things and wouldn't need to limit her universe to high school cliques. Then again if the story is based around a reunion it would be silly to avoid all of the reunioners.

As for the triangle Logan and Veronica's relationship was nice at the time but I think the maturity gap became evident and I don't see them being well suited anymore unless Logan has had a massive personality overhaul.

As for Piz well I think it's almost impossible not to like him but he wasn't developed all that much on the show so it's hard to argue for his being destined for Veronica either.

Shipping's okay in certain circumstances but sometimes it can be really creepy when it's used in the high school sweetheart context - see Glee where everyone suddenly wants to get married to cynically make the show more dramatic. The soul mates at first sight thing is getting very cliched and it it's detrimental when it shackles people instead of letting them grow and achieve their potential.
More+
Flag
See, I actually thought that Logan was maturing quite a bit and that Veronica was stuck in her old issues of being incapable of forgiveness. I mean, she had falsely accused him of raping her and murdering her best friend on two separate occasions and he'd forgiven her, but she wasn't able to forgive him. I find it less believable that Veronica would still be with Piz that far into the future. I feel like given her personality they'd have broken up amicably by then...but I guess if they weren't together there wouldn't be any realistic way to have him in the movie.
Flag
Totally agree with you. due to Veronica's flaw of not being able to forgive and lack of trust in others I almost feel she and Logan deserve each and Piz is better than them.

In reality, Piz is a better match. In this world of fiction the characters of Logan and Veronica are meant for each other.
Flag
I love Piz but team Logan all the way :) I can't wait till the movie gets out...
Flag
Piz may be better for Veronica, but he's rather forgettable, and Veronica and Logan were always far more entertaining to watch. I really have to marathon the series again before the movie comes out so it's fresh in my mind...
Flag
Cassidy "Beaver" Cassablancas FOR THE WIN!
Flag
Well I'm not really a shipper so I'll just say Team Veronica all the way!
Flag
No contest. LoVe all the way!!!
Flag
i chose Logan but maybe the movie will convince me that she is happy with Piz and that maybe epic love doesnt necessarily mean endgame.
Flag
Is this even a question? I don't understand why we are even talking about a triangle. And I really wish they wouldn't try to sell the movie as a "who will she pick?" romance flick. It's all about Veronica, really. I'm a LoVe shipper, but the show was so much more than that!
Flag
I swear that there is no possible way that anything but an ending with Veronica and Logan (or LoVe as I like to say) is acceptable. The idea that Piz and Veronica will end up together is like a crime against tv romances or something, imagine Joey ended up with Dawson instead of Pacey...horrifying I know. This clip got me a little scared that Rob Thomas and company might try to break my heart with a non LoVe ending but the tv fan in me knows that there is no other way for the movie to go, Team Logan hands down (from the start till the end) Cant wait til spring 2014!
Flag
Team she-sells-out-her-gender-every-time-she-chooses-Logan.
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members