Veronica Mars

Debasement Tapes

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM May 08, 2007 on UPN

• This episode was awful!

3.8
    I never write reviews but this episode was so bad I felt the need to do so. This was the worst episode of the whole series, I hated piz, I hated veronica, I hated Keith, I loved mac and Wallace and I loved logan. The episode was rubbish from start to finish there was literally nothing good about it at all, aside from what I mentioned above. Paul rudd was the only thing stopping me from not watching the rest of it. but I admit that I regret having wasted 45 minutes of my life with that crud. I liked the mac and logan stuff as well but the rest was just utterly awful. The mystery was boring and stupid. I loved last week so much so this was really dissappointing.
  • VM still rocks

I loved this episode! It was not exactly the Veronica Mars we are used to, but that's not necessarily bad! It was a bit dumb that in the end there was no big mystery, but the idiot had just switched bags. Still, that was fun! And Paul Rudd was just amazing in this eppy! I absolutely loved his performance and how he always cilled Piz different wrong names until the end. Also: good singing! Nice!

I'm so happy we finally get to see all the characters again. They were really neglected while LoVe had all its drama. Don't get me wrong, I still want them to get back together. But it's okay for now! Pizronica was alright, I kinda liked that scene were she said he was a good guy and than held his hand. Totally untypical, but sweet!

Logan on the other hand is such an idiot. How can he seriously think that Veronica cheated on him? Why would she be moping and crying over him and be so damn unhappy about the whole Maddison thing if she had cheated herself? N E V E R - and I'm kinda disappointed that he would even think that.
    Parker was nowhere to be seen: good sign for the truth which is that she doesn't ever matter! She's practically the rebound girl for Logan and it's just a matter of time until he admits to himself that he doesn't even want her for real.

Leo is back, nice!!! But Vinnie is campaigning against Keith in the run for Sheriff. I'm wondering if Keith is gonna be defeated by a jerk once again. I hope not! Still, episodes with Vinnie are always fun!

So was the whole episode. It was just so hilarious and I loved the Mac scenes, especially her and Max ^^
    Just a great episode and if that's how they're gonna do the non-arc mysteries, it's fine by me!
  • Wasn't the best..

7.8
    I was waiting all week for this episode and not just because I love the show but because of the Veronica and Piz possible relationship. To my extreme disliking, the relationship wasn't really at all part of the episode. I liked how Piz was the main character of the episode. Finally we were able to understand him a little more. He actually is as great of a guy as he seems. That never seems to happen in Veronica Mars. Rob Thomas, the creator, can sing!! Who would have thought. The only problem with Veronica and Piz's relationship is that the season is ending soon and Chris has been casted in a pilot for another show. Where will the relationship go? Most likely nowhere..
  • I miss the season long mysteries.

I miss the big mysteries. The Lily Kane murder, who crashed the school bus. Those were out of this world! Even the Hearst rapist and the Dean's murder were great mysteries. They had to be solved a little conviniantly because of the shorter amount of time given to them, but still, scary and interesting. Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying these episodes. The snark is there, the fun is there, the relationships, the Veronica-ness, nothing that makes the show great is missing. I just really enjoy a good mystery. And I'm sorry, but "he grabbed the wrong bag at the airport because he was drunk" just doesn't funny cut it for me. Let's hope next week is more redeemable. And that with the season almost over, Wallace gets to be a part of things.
  • This is what happens when this show becomes too fixated on relationships.

There was no mystery of week, well there was it just wasn't a mystery. I hate it when this show goes for the comedy instead of the dark and seedy noir it should be, it just doesn't work.
    I'm finding Piz more more unobjectionable which is a good thing, I even didn't mind the hand holding. It was actually sweet and rather subtle. I can cope with subtle cuteness. I just don't want them to present Piz and Veronica as a hot hot hot passionate couple because they really aren't.

Logan needs to start being himself now, writers? Yeah no more moping please its really annoying. I miss Logan so much and I really hate Dick... I hope the actor decides to do other things, seriously. It was a mistake to put him on the cast credits. I was happy to see Wallace but once again he is banished to the realms of 'relationship talk'. Can they never just hangout anymore? The college years will be the death of this show, it just categorically doesn't work, especially in the standalone format. I doubt I could watch this show without an overarching mystery, something just feels missing from these episodes and I suspect its the sense of urgency a mystery brings. This isn't my show anymore, it's a rubbish version of Dawson's Creek!

But on a positive note; I liked seeing all the familiar faces this episode, Max, lots of Mac (I love the girl!), Leo, Vinnie, Wallace, Ratner and Piz's boss from an earlier episode. I'm so glad Vinnie is running for sheriff! I really prefer him as a PI, and let's hope he uses those Harmony affair photos of Keith (from way back at the start of the season), it's going to be a dirty race. This makes me happy. With any luck we can have the Fitzpatrick's thrown into the mix... only thrown in well.

I also loved Veronica this episode she definitely isn't who she was back in season one, and I'll admit to missing her persona of the early days. But she wasn't nasty so I'm glad the writers are rebuilding my faith in the lead character. Paul Rudd was great and he made me laugh more in one episode than Dick had in the whole season. I loved that he kept getting Piz's name wrong, but man what a fluffy ending. Yikes what's happened to this show.
  • Paul Rudd guest stars

7.8
    I thought desbasement tapes was good but it was kinda boring!! i liked the logan and Veroica lift scene but Piz was so annoying. i hope they get back together soon. i thought Rudd was sooo funny, though the mystery was lacking seeing as there wasn't one. I Loved the mac and Logan stuff, rate your bum was really funny. Logans professor was proper mean to him though and i thought that was unecessary really. Mac really likes max which is cute, because i love max a lot, i think he's an interesting charcater whilst not being steretyped.

Veronica was annoying this episode and i didn't like Vinnie. Keith should stay sheriff, he deserves it much more.
  • Paul Rudd owned this episode.

Let me say just one thing: Paul Rudd was absolutely amazing in this episode! He was hilarious portraying the usual rockstar who has let himself go. It could have come off as a cliché but thanks to Paul Rudd it didn't. The 'case' of the week had a very minor role so there's not much to say about that. The only thing relevant about it was how the Pizronica relationship developed from awkward to holding hands. It was a sweet moment, I'm so glad it wasn't cheesy. I was surprised at Logan and Mac working together, but it was ok. I'm glad with any scenes with Mac. Logan got all jealous or at least suspicious about Veronica and Piz, this tells us that LoVe isn't over (although I never suspected it to be). Parker was nowhere to be seen in this episode and I loved it. I really don't think Parker is a relevant character for the show, other than for Logan who's on the rebound. I was glad to see Vinnie in this episode, he's the guy that I hate to love. Overall the episode was so freakin' funny that I rated it pretty high.
  • Desmond fellows a washed up rockstar comes to Hurst to play a concert but looses important backround tapes so veronica tyyes to find them. Keith with Leo's help try to catch some theieves but Vinnie beats them to it.

Paul Rudd's character was hillarious, it was a funny and intresting episode a little diffrent from the regular types of episodes but still pretty great. The Logan being jelous and sucpicious about veronica and piz was really adorable. Mac and Logan working together was a good combination and Dick is oh so funny!!! Washed up and drunk but really sad Desmond is so original and sweet I enjoyed watching him struggle or should I say dring his way through the whole show. Piz is so cute trying not to be awkward and holding veronica's hand at the end I may hate them together but enjoy his character !!!
  • This is what happens when this show becomes too fixated on relationships.

• I was so happy after watching! Better then the preview made it our to be.

Aww... Piz is so sweet. I realy hope they end up together through out the seasons. There wasn't a huge mystery but it was a good one because it was just a total mistake. I loved the ending with Piz and Veronica and the Mac and Max relationship. Hope that Keith stays sherrif!
  • Pizronica or LoVe. Who does she really love? This ep. left us with that question but moved on...

We find out that Piz and Veronica didn't exactly go on with there little night together, infact, after she saw Logan, she felt unsure with herself and ran for the hills, medifortically speaking. She bumps into Logan in at the hotel, on her way to Piz to help him with a case. Logan jumps back into the elevator with V, discussing what's been going on. leaving with Piz and Logan showing a nice sign toward her by saying good luck, meaning by with Piz. She's leaves. Solving the case by finding out that the bag was switched at the airport, giving Piz the idea to let his idol sing the new songs he wrote, which I think were pretty good. So ends this episode with a funny ending, Vinnie coming on to run as sheriff, that will be amussing to watch. Plus, Leo is coming back, now Veronica is going to have three cute guys in her life, and two friends and one dad to help her through...
  • Not the best episode and I felt completeley un interested even though I love Veroncia Mars! With only 2 weeks left you would expect more just a very averge episode that I did'int really enjoy

6.7
    Okay some guy Rudd I dont even remember his first name guest stared as a washed out Rockstar Piz comes along and helps him become huge. There was way to much emphasis in This Rudd guy that I didint even care. Veronica to me felt different this episode too maybe her involvement with Piz frankly their nice together but since theres only 3 episodes left there's not going to be much damage for Piz. I just relized this that this was a stand alone mystery frankly I never noticed which I guess is a good thing as a huge fan but the mystery wasnt all that great possibly the worst and I knew all the suspects would be and Kind of guessed the bage was switched. I did enjoy the Mac/ Logan interaction and the better storyline was Mac breaking up with Brosmon. Why even have Wallace in the show hes been so useless this season I mean it makes me mad I love Wallace and now it feels he dosnt even exist I mean every character this season has had at least some point, Sure yes he cheated early on but its not good enough! I know Im not being positive about this episode but I simply didint enjoy it and I always enjoy Veronica Mars. Well I guess everybody deserves a bad episode.
  • Piz enlists Veronica's help to finds his fallen idol's backup vocals. Keith is stunned to learn his opponent in the sheriff's election. Mac helps out Logan with a business project for class.

Not as good as last week's episode but a pretty good episode nonetheless. Very enjoyable episode with Piz and Veronica trying to figure out how they feel about what happened between them last week. Piz reluctantly goes to her when his washed up over the hill out idol a musician named Desmonds Fellows comes to town for a benefit show to save the campus station. Unfortunately his backup vocals have gone missing while at the time he needs them to play old my little poiny songs that made him rich and famous it seems like the worst that could happen to him but it turns out to be the best thing for him in the end. There was actually 2 side storylines in this week's stand alone episode and I think it worked quite well as they filled out the time nicely and got you interested in them enough without taking up too much time from the main plot. We got too something you don't really ever see and that is Logan and Mac working together as she helps him make a site on the internet for his business project. This also allows for Mac and Max to grow closer and for Mac to realize she has to letdown Bronson and set him free. Unforunately for Logan his probably inappropriate yet hard work goes to waste when his teacher cuts off his presentation. The other minor story was Keith getting a visit from Leo about some of the Fitzpatricks hooligans stealing from a sports store warehourse but Vinny is hired by the owner and locks them inside while on the job and he receives the credit for the capture and reveals to Keith that is he running against him in the election. Meanwhile after investigating a groupie and a Jewish group that opposes Desmond's appearance Veronica realizes Desmond has the wrong back and her and Piz go to exchange and retrieve it for him. However along the road home they discover his new material and trick him into performing it instead of the old stuff and the crowd seems to love it all the same. While there Piz and Veronica seem to grow closer together. All in all a very nice episode with some good dialogue, acting and funny scenes. Next week looks pretty dark and intense though quite a contrast from this week.
  • A great episode that show exactly why this series earns a 4th season. Not onlythe main storyline was interesting, but also the interactions between the characters were just amazing.

When I saw the preview for this episode, I did not expect a lot. But this is much better, than the trailer makes one believe. Last weeks kiss was a little bit too fast for the Pizonica relationship, which pretty much resolved. We have a nice interaction between Mac/Logan, there are some nice scenes, were we can observe the characters feelings (how much eyes can tell) and some other nice interactions: Mac/Max, Piz/Veronica/Logan ...
    And finally Leo is back as Deputie. Wee are told that Keith isn't the only Sheriff candidate anymore and make has a serious talk ... about the future of her relationship.
    A MUST see.