Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Best season?

What was your favorite season?

alirk

[1]Jan 25, 2010
    • level: 22
    What was your favorite season?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

TwistedConverse

[2]Jan 30, 2010
    • level: 23
    Season 1 was by far the best imo. Every episode is just amazing!

holden_potter

[3]Apr 2, 2010
    • level: 8

In my opinion the best VM season is the first one because every episode was great and the storyline with Lily's murder mystery was one of the greatest storylines ever.OMG I miss VM.

Jon_MW_14

[4]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 39
    Season one was also my favourite. I loved every episode.

CartoonFreak13

[5]Apr 7, 2010
    • level: 9

Season 1 was the best season.

HappyGirl818

[6]Apr 11, 2010
    • level: 10

Season one of course. It was probably unhealthy how obsessed I was with it then it was just so good.

gotahaloroundme

[7]May 26, 2010
    Hands down, season one. They knew where it was going and let it ride. The networks interefered in seasons two and three.

greysanatomy12

[8]Jun 13, 2010
    • level: 16

Definitely Season 1.

michael_LB92

[9]Jun 25, 2010
    • level: 24
    Maybe season two. But maybe season one. I felt season one started a little boring, and I liked the additional secondary characters/storylines in season two. But season two was overly-complicated, and Lily's murder felt much more important than the bus crash. I'll say both of them. I know, that's a cop-out, but I can appreciate them both for different reasons. Sometimes I prefer one to the other, depending on what mood I'm in.

CaptainHarkness

[10]Jul 20, 2010

Season 1 definitely. Although I just re-watched the series and Season 2 comes very close. But ultimately it's season 1.

tvfanatic2010

[11]Jul 28, 2010
    • level: 1

The first season was definitely tops for me.

Instantly was hooked on the pilot episode, one of the best pilot episodes I've seen most are somewhat rushed and awkward, trying to push the backstory too much, this show did a great job revealing Veronica's character as well as setting up the backstory.

Season 1 was clearly much more personal which is what made it so great. Season 2 wasn't nearly as emotional/personal(only the very end) but I thought the ending was somewhat ridiculous. I know they wanted to make it a big twist but having Cassidy end up being some evil genius was a big too much for me.

Season 3 was not good IMO. Had they been given the go-ahead for a 4th season I think the serial rapist story likely lasts all season with the conclusion + the Dean getting murdered happening at the end of the season setting up a good story for season 4.

kepa55

[12]Feb 23, 2011

Season one, it was just so good all the way. I didn't like the start of season two, but it got better in the end. And while season three had a fantastic first half, the latter part (the last 5 or 10 eps) was a bit of a let down.

Renii

[13]Feb 25, 2011
    • level: 3
    Season one or two, season three wasn't very likable. I hated Logan, which I didn't want to!

GiantStuffedDog

[14]Apr 16, 2011
    • level: 4

Season 1 really was the best season. I did enjoy Seasons 2 and 3 though.

Edited on 04/16/2011 9:56pm

jenny_d_b

[15]May 15, 2011
    I can't decide. Of course, season 1's plot arc was exciting, and the Lily Kane murder defined much of the characters on the show. We got to know them all, slowly but surely. Season 1 is pure gold.

But season 2 is absolutely wonderful too. More in-depth, some more humour, plenty of great LoVe moments. And the bus crash... We had never gotten THAT involved with any of the characters in it, but the story it turned out to be... was extremely well-written. SPOILER ALERT (I guess most people who answer this thread have seen it), the pedophilia-plot... they played that out great. 2x22 stands for me as maybe THE BEST episode of the entire show. What a suspense. What a shocking twist. What great character development. How sad it was. Season 2 made you feel for the villain much more than season 1. And some of the sub-plots were great too. I can't decide between seasons 1 and 2. Season 1 defined the show we all loved, but season 2 was more perfected. They had time to see what worked great and what didn't, which characters needed more backstory etc., and I think they managed to play it out well.

I think the rape plot that we were introduced to in season 2 was very good in season 3. It should've been the season plot, instead of different arcs. 3x09 "Spit and Eggs" is wonderful, with a cliffhanger ending. And Logan in that episode... Oh my. That episode is heartbreak, suspense, fear, friendship, love and shock all in one. I just wish they had aired V's reaction as she found out what Logan had done at the end of 3x09. She must've found out, considering her family's close ties to law enforcement. It was so very... Loganesque. Pure LoVe.

JoshSutton

[16]Jul 8, 2011
    • level: 15
    I can't pick between 1 and 2! So i shall say both. 3 was alright, i remember the rapist reveal was very well done.

muggle421

[17]Jul 11, 2011
    • level: 13
    Season one. I was so obsessed watched it all in 2 days.

aidanadia

[18]Nov 28, 2011
    • level: 1

gotahaloroundme wrote:
    Hands down, season one. They knew where it was going and let it ride. The networks interefered in seasons two and three.

What do you mean when you say the networks interfered in the later seasons? How? Sorry for asking if it's an obvious answer, I'm just totally clueless and interested now.

pandacharmed

[19]Dec 14, 2011
    • level: 34
    aidanadia wrote:

gotahaloroundme wrote:

What do you mean when you say the networks interfered in the later seasons? How? Sorry for asking if it's an obvious answer, I'm just totally clueless and interested now.

In season 2 UPN asked the writers to tone down the the bus crash, and had Meg survive for a while. In the third, they were asked by the CW to reduce the normal season-long mystery arcs to shorter ones (Rapist, Dean's murder), ultimately getting rid of them completely and opting for a more teen soapy vibe in the last 5 episodes.

txgirl75

[20]Apr 18, 2013
    Season 1 I loved how in revolved around The Kane and Mars and Logan's family. Just made you want to come back for more.