Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

confused by ending

sshan39

[1]Jul 19, 2012
    • level: 7

I really didnt understand how the sex tape related to the list of names and confessions? and she never got justice for it. Did that guy that Logan beat up do it just to do it? This was a sucky ending. didnt even feel like a season finale. I dont know how they could end this show yeah the last season wasnt great but still. I feel ver unsatisfied. I guess i will just have to make my own ending in my head. Loagan and V get back together and Keith is sherrif all is well with the world.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ZmaXcharmvill3

[2]Sep 24, 2012
    • level: 5

sshan39 wrote:

I really didnt understand how the sex tape related to the list of names and confessions? and she never got justice for it. Did that guy that Logan beat up do it just to do it? This was a sucky ending. didnt even feel like a season finale. I dont know how they could end this show yeah the last season wasnt great but still. I feel ver unsatisfied. I guess i will just have to make my own ending in my head. Loagan and V get back together and Keith is sherrif all is well with the world.

Okay, so it wasn't a direct connection, they were definitely setting up a new story-arc, for the next season with "The Castle" and the list of it's members.

So what happened was that someone recorded Veronica and Piz together. It turned out that cameras had been set up to record Wallace since he had been "taped" to be a member for the Castle. The Castle finds successful students who will most likely become successful and powerful people after college. They get incriminating info about it's members to keep them in line and use those members for the Castle's advantage. In short, it's Blackmail.

That fact that Piz & Veronica were recoded had just been an "accident." Gory is probably the one who set up the cameras, and being such considerate and compassionate college boy, he passed it to Dominick who emailed a bunch of people and Dick forwarded it and so on. They didn't do it for any other reason than being complete morons.

I understand what you mean about not liking this episode as a season finale, let a lone a series finale, but I actually love it. Of course I would have wanted the show to have continued for a few more years and have a perfect ending but this ending is pretty good in some ways.

This episode basically brings the show full circle. Veronica is again a pariah at school, and Keith will most likely lose his position as Sheriff. This show has been dark and moody and in a way it seems perfect that the show didn't get a "happily ever after" ending since the real world doesn't work like that. and I loved the parallel between the 1st episode and this last episode.

In the Pilot, Weevil beats up Logan and tells him to apologize to Veronica. She replies that she isn't looking for Logan's apology.

In the final episode, Logan beats up Gory and tells him to apologize to Veronica, and she says that she doesn't want Gory's apology.

Really showed how much Logan has grown as a character Plus, we even got references to Lilly and Duncan with those paintings and even got to see Jake Kane who was "the villain" again.

and that look Veronica gives Logan when he punches Gory proves that she still loves him, they will get back together

It an way this was a new beginning, not just an ending and really set up what would have been an amazing 4th season. (not their last ditch attempt at a renewal with the FBI series, but a continuation of her college years.)

Yes! I have my own version of the show in my head, it goes on for 2 more seasons and ends in an epic 2 hour series finale. haha that's all we've got left.

sshan39

[3]Jul 29, 2013
    • level: 7

I just saw this thanks that helps! Well now we will have closure with the movie! i am excited!