TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

is veronica mars coming back for 4th season

OTH_15

[1]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 12

i was wondering if veronica mars is coming back for 4th season?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bonniekean

[2]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    60% chances yes...
    This is really annoying!!
    Desperate Housewives basically got a 4 season order, and is now expected to run for 7 seasons, and Veronica Mars has to change nearly EVERYTHING about it and it still doesn't guarantee us a fourth season...
    I don't get it!
    Why is Desperate Housewives more popular than Veronica Mars?
    Stupid housewives and their relating to characers on television!

shadow243ali

[3]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 9
    Desperate Housewives is supposidly gonna make it to a 7th season. Ok, I like the show but I don't think it would be able to keep me interested to a 7th season. Veronica Mars on the other hand probably would.
    Edited on 03/06/2007 7:48am

electricpeppers

[4]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    Desperate Housewives ran out of steam after season one... though good luck to it!

Metallicar

[5]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 10
    Are you kidding? 7 seasons?! Desperate housewives is in NO WAY better than Veromica Mars. They have repetitive plotlines already with predictable plot twists (yes i'll admit i sometimes watch the show, though mostly out of pure boredom). Veronica Mars is surely one of the better products of american television, so has to continue!.. Who desides the popularity anyway?..

gocougars2005

[6]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 3

Just makes you question the viewing habits of Americans. I am a proud American, but the television choices of most Americans convinces me that a majority of this nation are idiots.

angrodpallanen

[7]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 22
    Whahahaha, omg, that's the funniest line I've ever red on TV.com!! I don't live in the US so I don't mind

electricpeppers

[8]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 26
    gocougars2005 wrote:

Just makes you question the viewing habits of Americans. I am a proud American, but the television choices of most Americans convinces me that a majority of this nation are idiots.

LOL! I don't know much about US televison but from what I've heard, you may be correct. Anyone who's not watching Veronica Mars is a bit dippy imo
    Edited on 03/06/2007 12:49pm

lostonmars

[9]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 16

Not that hard to figure out ... don't require your audience to think too much, make their dumb lives seem more interesting, and basically distract everyone's attention away from any meaningful issue. Bingo - hit show.

What might VM do with some DH basics? A woman kills herself, a woman kills her son's girlfriend, a woman gets run over by a car...damn, no wonder these housewives are desperate; they need VM to get in there and sort them out but good. But that might involve treating women with respect. 

I am desperate for a fourth season of VM - can't believe we have to wait two months for another episode!!! 

OTH_15

[11]Mar 6, 2007

we have to wait 2 months till VM plays agian?

why?

and i think VM totally deserves a 4th season

i liked S2 better than 3rd though

korncold

[12]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 7
    OTH_15 wrote:

why?

Gotta take a break eventually. Plus, this way we finish out the season with the rest of the episodes 5 weeks straight.

bonniekean

[13]Mar 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    gocougars2005 wrote:

I HATE the fact that American ratings are all that really matters in a show.
    International ratings should count, seeing as the more ratings the show gets, the higher bid there is from the international channel buying it from the American one, and so the American Channel gets more money!... theoretically in my mind
    BUT ANYWAY, our ratings should count, even if they are horrible

sterob2

[14]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 4
    german tv isnt any better. the most dump shows gets the highest ratings. but thats not realy a tv problem, more than a general media prob. complicated books, unconventional music and so one have a hard time these days.  

ep301

[15]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    so last night i was watching something on MTV and it went to commercial break and what do you think was the first commercial they showed? SEARCH FOR THE NEXT PUSSYCAT DOLL!!! they can advertise that craptastic show, but they can't do the same thing for VM?!? thats the first CW commercial I've ever seen show off the CW channel, and thats what they chose to promote?!?

apparently they'd rather cancel a great TV show than put the effort into marketing it...

all i know is if VM goes than so do i. its the only show besides One Tree Hill that i watch on the CW and frankly One Tree Hill is kind of crappy this season...

OTH_15

[16]Mar 7, 2007
    true the 3rd season was soo much better

ziperingzap

[17]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    OTH_15 wrote:

why?

I'm happy that its on hiatus for 2 months cause im going to the US in May and ill be able to see my favourite show in the US.

i agree though s2 was better than s3.

trekkie778

[18]Mar 9, 2007
    gocougars2005 wrote:

Case and point: cue "Are You Smarter than a Fifth Grader?"... or the search for the next pussycat doll is a very close competitor... Seriously...

angus_superski

[19]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    Hey i was just wondering if anyone knew when we might know definatively if VM is coming back for a S4?

Ratings being what they are it does seem unlikely - think OC which had about the same # of viewers when they decided to cancel it.

I think the show has a lot of potential, but The CW need to think a bit more about what they're doing with it. They place it up against the likes of House, and of course its gonna get bad rattings - its just common sense. If it were me, i would watch House over VM. If CW moved it to another day perhaps its rattings might do better - i don't know, not living in america, but its what i would try.

Thomas seemed only so-so about the chances of a S4, but this article was a while ago.

The show has heaps of potential and i think the CW would be stupid to cancel it.

korncold

[20]Mar 9, 2007
    angus_superski wrote:
    Hey i was just wondering if anyone knew when we might know definatively if VM is coming back for a S4?

Ratings being what they are it does seem unlikely - think OC which had about the same # of viewers when they decided to cancel it.

I think the show has a lot of potential, but The CW need to think a bit more about what they're doing with it. They place it up against the likes of House, and of course its gonna get bad rattings - its just common sense. If it were me, i would watch House over VM. If CW moved it to another day perhaps its rattings might do better - i don't know, not living in america, but its what i would try.

Thomas seemed only so-so about the chances of a S4, but this article was a while ago.

The show has heaps of potential and i think the CW would be stupid to cancel it.

If it's going to be close, we should find out at end of June/early July, if not they could cancel it any day now and just finish the last 5 episodes and promote it as the series finale like FOX did with the OC. The reason the OC was canceled was because FOX has much higher standards than the CW when it comes to ratings. I think (could be wrong though) that the OC had about 4 million viewers a week this season, and if VM had those ratings, it would be one of the most watched shows on the CW and we wouldn't be having this conversation. I agree that they should move the show to another day, but they're not gonna move the Smallville/Supernatural combo on Thursdays, and Monday's I believe is comedy night for the CW. I think the best time would be Wednesday, whenever American Idol isn't on (8 or 9, I honestly don't know), but they would need to cancel OTH (whichever time that's on) or whatever show is on at the other time.