Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

is veronica mars coming back for 4th season

angrodpallanen

[121]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 22
    I vote every day on the SOS 2007 poll for Veronica Mars. That's all we can do for the show, but God I hope VM will stay untill, well, untill all the actors and all the writers and all the crewmembers die.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

electricpeppers

[122]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 26
    I hope it will come back if only to rectify the mess of season three. No doubt I'll want it cancelled come tommorow I need to stop being indecisive.

diecaro

[123]Apr 5, 2007
    • level: 21

I am so praying for season 4!!

There are so many shows I'd rather see cancelled, but VM is my favourite show at the moment and I really wish we'd get at least one more season!! 

bonniekean

[124]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 5
    electricpeppers wrote:
    I hope it will come back if only to rectify the mess of season three. No doubt I'll want it cancelled come tommorow I need to stop being indecisive.

Me too.
    I so badly want it to go both ways.
    I've decided to just sit back and see what happens.

gotahaloroundme

[125]Apr 6, 2007
    • level: 8
    My opinion will depend on how the final episodes play out. If I'm not satisfied with how the season ends, I'll want another with the hope to fix it. If I'm satisfied with the ending, I'd probably want to leave it at that.

VM_LoVe123

[126]Apr 7, 2007
    • level: 13

gotahaloroundme wrote:
    My opinion will depend on how the final episodes play out. If I'm not satisfied with how the season ends, I'll want another with the hope to fix it. If I'm satisfied with the ending, I'd probably want to leave it at that.

That is exactly my thoughts right there. I think I will be deciding whether to watch season four based on the ending, but so far, I don't really mind season three. It's not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. But if the ending of season three is satisfying a delieversmuch closure it will all be good.

amfarley84

[127]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 28
    I hope so it is one of the few shows on the CW that deserves another season.

angus_w_t

[128]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 1
    I took a look at this link:

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070328/ENT03/703280325/1038

I thought Gilmore Girls was more likely to be canceled than VM, but according to this link its the other way around.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

gotahaloroundme

[129]Apr 8, 2007
    Don't fret over that article, it's just one journalist's opinion of which shows may or may not return. We've known for at least a month that VM is in serious danger of cancellation.

bonniekean

[130]Apr 9, 2007
    ^^ We've known for three years that the show is in danger of cancellation.
    Except that every year we get closer to the chopping board.

faceSOstoic

[131]Apr 9, 2007
    I will stop watching tv alltogether if VM gets pulled, I swear. I'm so sick of the network shenanigans. Im so sick of AMAZING shows being yanked out from underneath me. Veronica mars was the only thing that gave me faith in television after ALIAS was cxld. Some of the best acted, most well written shows were not given a fair chance. (ie: Boston Public, Alias, Firefly) I'd like to beat the crap out of the genius who decided to make Veronica a match with Gilmore Girls. Its perhaps one of the worst pairings in history of television. As much as I hate to admit this, I miss UPN.

electricpeppers

[132]Apr 9, 2007
    ^^ Don't forget Angel! I'll be upset if Veronica Mars ends this season. I want it to go out with a bang not a wimper, this season has been pretty lousey in comparison to S1 & S2. I really do not believe that the writers muses have departed them for greener pastures entirely... they are capable of another stellar season IMO and I want to see it.

bonniekean

[133]Apr 9, 2007
    ^^ You can't blame the writers for this season.
    Well you can partly blame the writers for stretching on the love story and leaving loose ends.
    But the CW has been a big part of this season's downfall.

electricpeppers

[134]Apr 9, 2007
    ^Yep, but I think the loose ends have bothered me more than anything else. The blame of which lies almost entirely with the writers... also the lack of emotional fallout for many things that happened last year. Some people seem to think the writers aren't capable of writing anything in the future that will match S1 and S2, but I totally disagree with that. I think they are more than capable and will deliver if they are allowed to, wow I'm being optimistic. That's new!

tvfan332

[135]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 37

electricpeppers wrote:
    ^Yep, but I think the loose ends have bothered me more than anything else. The blame of which lies almost entirely with the writers... also the lack of emotional fallout for many things that happened last year. Some people seem to think the writers aren't capable of writing anything in the future that will match S1 and S2, but I totally disagree with that. I think they are more than capable and will deliver if they are allowed to, wow I'm being optimistic. That's new!

Hopefully when the show comes back, the characters will show some emotion, I was expecting Mac to be a completely different character after the events of "Not Pictured", and I thought Dick would've changed too, but he did show some emotion in the premiere,  but I was annoyed when that was just dropped after that episode and he was back to being himself! In my opinion those two in particular should be different this season.

faceSOstoic

[136]Apr 9, 2007
    i just found out that Chris Lowell has already sighned onto the Grey's Anatomy spinnoff. If VW does come back he probabbly wont be around.

BeachfrontGlass

[137]Apr 9, 2007
    • level: 17
    Chris Lowell was barely in VM season 3 anyways...  How many episodes did he make more than a cameo appearance in?  I thought he would be a great addition to the cast but they just didn't use him.. I don't know why they spent the money making him a starring actor in the series...

gotahaloroundme

[138]Apr 9, 2007

electricpeppers wrote:

The writers have it in them.  I don't think the CW has it in them to let the writers go forward with the stories they want.  In a perfect world, RT & company would continue with what made thie first two seasons great, and the network would reward us, the hardcore fan, and not try to herd in the masses like cattle.  Are the writers capable? Definitely.  Will they be able to?  I sure hope so.  

bonniekean

[139]Apr 9, 2007
    electricpeppers wrote:

Lol... how about just trying to GET a forth season first?