Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Java The Hut - The Official Off Topic Thread

  • Avatar of electricpeppers

    electricpeppers

    [41]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,594
    Ouch GGs ratings are terrible, the CW execs must be freaking out. They pinned all their hopes on this show... I hope the network survives a little while longer. Just so SPN and SV (mainly SPN) can have a year or two more.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of electricpeppers

    electricpeppers

    [42]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,594
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [43]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    electricpeppers wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.


    Zach wasn't a stalker ... was he? We're talking about her "insinuated" gay friend with the video camera, right?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [44]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    electricpeppers wrote:
    Ouch GGs ratings are terrible, the CW execs must be freaking out. They pinned all their hopes on this show... I hope the network survives a little while longer. Just so SPN and SV (mainly SPN) can have a year or two more.


    I hope so too... but replace SV with OTH.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of electricpeppers

    electricpeppers

    [45]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,594
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.


    Zach wasn't a stalker ... was he? We're talking about her "insinuated" gay friend with the video camera, right?


    Nope, I'm talking about 'West', he's a creepy stalker.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [46]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    electricpeppers wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.


    Zach wasn't a stalker ... was he? We're talking about her "insinuated" gay friend with the video camera, right?


    Nope, I'm talking about 'West', he's a creepy stalker.


    That he is.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [47]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091

    I have a bit of a tv show dilemma that I'm hoping all you guys could help me with. As some of you know, the two new shows I've been watching are Bionic Woman and Moonlight (and Private Practice, but that's not relevant at the moment). Because I usually download these or stream online, it means they eat up my bandwidth pretty quickly. And, I don't want that because me and my brothers were sent a letter by our ISP telling us that we have to stop using so much bandwidth or they'll slow our internet connection speed down even though we're paying for a faster one.

    Anyway, what I've decided is that of all the shows I watch on my computer, some of them have to go if I want to be able to download the others. So, I decided that I'm either dropping Moonlight or Bionic Woman (or both) after watching the 3rd episode of each. My question to you all is, which one should I drop?

    At the moment, I'm leaning more towards keeping Bionic Woman. The reason for that being that Moonlight is good but can be boring; it takes elements from a lot of shows but never really grasps what made those elements good in the other shows. Being inspired by a show and taking ideas isn't wrong or anything; it just has to be done right which IMO Moonlight fails to do so. With Bionic Woman, I also see a few elements from past shows but there's one thing I see that I don't see with Moonlight; potential. IMO BW has the potential to be really good whereas Moonlight just doesn't seem that way.

    To be honest though, the only reason I watched ML was because of Jason Dohring and the ANGEL comparisons.

    So, what do you guys think? BW or ML? (Btw, there is NO way I'm keeping both. Either one goes or they both go)

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of blufuzycow

    blufuzycow

    [48]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 08/30/05
    • level: 19
    • rank: Fall Guy
    • posts: 1,051
    i haven't watched either show but my idea for how to choose would be to pick the show that you think will last the longest, i mean neither one of them may get cancelled this season but what i am trying to say is if you are going to invest time and bandwidth into a show i would pick the one with longevity... speaking for this last week only BW had higher ratings then Moonlight but it only ended up third in its Wed. time slot; Moonlight on the other hand won its hour on Friday but Friday night shows don't always bode well, sometimes it can be a death slot...good luck choosing...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvfan332

    tvfan332

    [49]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,851
    NJZ wrote:

    I have a bit of a tv show dilemma that I'm hoping all you guys could help me with. As some of you know, the two new shows I've been watching are Bionic Woman and Moonlight (and Private Practice, but that's not relevant at the moment). Because I usually download these or stream online, it means they eat up my bandwidth pretty quickly. And, I don't want that because me and my brothers were sent a letter by our ISP telling us that we have to stop using so much bandwidth or they'll slow our internet connection speed down even though we're paying for a faster one.

    Anyway, what I've decided is that of all the shows I watch on my computer, some of them have to go if I want to be able to download the others. So, I decided that I'm either dropping Moonlight or Bionic Woman (or both) after watching the 3rd episode of each. My question to you all is, which one should I drop?

    At the moment, I'm leaning more towards keeping Bionic Woman. The reason for that being that Moonlight is good but can be boring; it takes elements from a lot of shows but never really grasps what made those elements good in the other shows. Being inspired by a show and taking ideas isn't wrong or anything; it just has to be done right which IMO Moonlight fails to do so. With Bionic Woman, I also see a few elements from past shows but there's one thing I see that I don't see with Moonlight; potential. IMO BW has the potential to be really good whereas Moonlight just doesn't seem that way.

    To be honest though, the only reason I watched ML was because of Jason Dohring and the ANGEL comparisons.

    So, what do you guys think? BW or ML? (Btw, there is NO way I'm keeping both. Either one goes or they both go)

    I don't watch Bionic Woman or Moonlight, and I don't plan too. It doesn't seem as if you're enjoying them very much, so drop them both. I'd say Bionic Woman would be shown here in the UK for definite, so you'll probably get a chance to see it on regular TV.

    I can't wait for Private Practice, I watched the back-door pilot last night on Living, and loved it!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [50]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Thanks for the advice blufuzycow and tvfan. I'm not quite sure yet coz I think Bionic Woman will probably last longer but its more likely to be on in the UK aswell. Oh, and Neil, I haven't actually started watching PP yet, I want to see the backdoor pilot first so I'm gonna wait until GA S3 comes to Five, then start watching PP. It looks pretty good so I'm surprised lots of GA fans dislike it. I guess that's more to do with the fact that they prefer Addison on GA rather than the quality of PP.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of tvfan332

    tvfan332

    [51]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 06/10/06
    • level: 37
    • rank: Cylon
    • posts: 3,851

    NJZ wrote:
    Thanks for the advice blufuzycow and tvfan. I'm not quite sure yet coz I think Bionic Woman will probably last longer but its more likely to be on in the UK aswell. Oh, and Neil, I haven't actually started watching PP yet, I want to see the backdoor pilot first so I'm gonna wait until GA S3 comes to Five, then start watching PP. It looks pretty good so I'm surprised lots of GA fans dislike it. I guess that's more to do with the fact that they prefer Addison on GA rather than the quality of PP.

    I'd say I prefer Addison at Seattle Grace too, but I didn't hate the back-door pilot. I enjoyed it, and the new characters are pretty fun, Chris Lowell's character is annoying though. I'm actually looking forward to this spin-off even though I've heard negative comments on it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [52]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    NJZ wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.


    Zach wasn't a stalker ... was he? We're talking about her "insinuated" gay friend with the video camera, right?


    Nope, I'm talking about 'West', he's a creepy stalker.


    That he is.


    Yeah, that guy really annoys me so far. I heard something about him and Sylar, but I'm remaining as spoiler-free as possible, and I'm only up to episode three this Thursday.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [53]Oct 12, 2007
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    tvfan's name is Neil? I never knew that.
    Anyway, I would go with Bionic Woman. But I have not seen Moonlight, so I'm not sure if you should be asking me.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of electricpeppers

    electricpeppers

    [54]Oct 13, 2007
    • member since: 06/09/04
    • level: 26
    • rank: Bow Flex
    • posts: 5,594
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    electricpeppers wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who really dislikes the guy. I much prefer Zach, he was sweet.


    Ah from what I've read he's well hated, as he should be. Creepy stalker. Isn't the actor who played Zach on another show now? Doh.


    Zach wasn't a stalker ... was he? We're talking about her "insinuated" gay friend with the video camera, right?


    Nope, I'm talking about 'West', he's a creepy stalker.


    That he is.


    Yeah, that guy really annoys me so far. I heard something about him and Sylar, but I'm remaining as spoiler-free as possible, and I'm only up to episode three this Thursday.


    Well done, I managed to completely spoil myself for the entire half of the season the other day. Albeit accidentally.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eMetiB_101

    eMetiB_101

    [55]Oct 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 883
    NJZ wrote:
    So, what do you guys think? BW or ML? (Btw, there is NO way I'm keeping both. Either one goes or they both go)


    If I had to choose between ML and BW, I would choose BW no contest.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eMetiB_101

    eMetiB_101

    [56]Oct 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 883

    tvfan332 wrote:

    I can't wait for Private Practice, I watched the back-door pilot last night on Living, and loved it!

    PP is excellent! I'm really loving Addison (aka Kate Walsh) on the spin-off show.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eMetiB_101

    eMetiB_101

    [57]Oct 13, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 883
    tvfan332 wrote:

    NJZ wrote:
    Thanks for the advice blufuzycow and tvfan. I'm not quite sure yet coz I think Bionic Woman will probably last longer but its more likely to be on in the UK aswell. Oh, and Neil, I haven't actually started watching PP yet, I want to see the backdoor pilot first so I'm gonna wait until GA S3 comes to Five, then start watching PP. It looks pretty good so I'm surprised lots of GA fans dislike it. I guess that's more to do with the fact that they prefer Addison on GA rather than the quality of PP.

    I'd say I prefer Addison at Seattle Grace too, but I didn't hate the back-door pilot. I enjoyed it, and the new characters are pretty fun, Chris Lowell's character is annoying though. I'm actually looking forward to this spin-off even though I've heard negative comments on it.



    The actual spin-off is subtly different than the back-door pilot. I don't find Chris Lowell's character as annoying in the real show. PP has a great vibe about it... difficult to explain, but I really like it

    I'm also enjoying S4 of Grey's... it's all good for me
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of michael_LB92

    michael_LB92

    [58]Oct 13, 2007
    • member since: 04/11/07
    • level: 24
    • rank: Golden Girl
    • posts: 5,963
    I think backdoor Pilots are so annoying. It's like "Hey! We're only half-showing you an episode this week, because we're gonna spend the other half shoving some other crap down your throat!"

    If people want to watch the spinoff, they can. But we shouldn't have to sit through it; I don't think it's only Grey's that has done this before...

    Anyway, I probably won't watch Prive Practice as they got rid of Merrin Dungey (grrr) and Addison's character annoys me now. The way the writers tried to make her big, wh0re doctor that sleeps around to poor, barren woman who's just trying to find her place in life wasn't very subtle and annoyed the hell out of me.

    RANT OVER. (Sorry )
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of eMetiB_101

    eMetiB_101

    [59]Oct 14, 2007
    • member since: 07/07/06
    • level: 36
    • rank: Young and Restless
    • posts: 883
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Anyway, I probably won't watch Prive Practice as they got rid of Merrin Dungey (grrr) and Addison's character annoys me now. The way the writers tried to make her big, wh0re doctor that sleeps around to poor, barren woman who's just trying to find her place in life wasn't very subtle and annoyed the hell out of me.

    RANT OVER. (Sorry )


    Yeah I was sad to see that Merrin wasn't in the real spin-off But Addison is no longer a wh0re-bag on PP...
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of NJZ

    NJZ

    [60]Oct 14, 2007
    • member since: 07/31/05
    • level: 29
    • rank: Volgar the Enforcer
    • posts: 19,091
    Thanks to everyone for their help, I saw episode three of ML and BW and I've decided to drop ML but keep BW.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.