UPN (ended 2007)

Java The Hut - The Official Off Topic Thread

tvfan332

[61]Oct 14, 2007
    • level: 37
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    tvfan332 wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    Thanks for the advice blufuzycow and tvfan. I'm not quite sure yet coz I think Bionic Woman will probably last longer but its more likely to be on in the UK aswell. Oh, and Neil, I haven't actually started watching PP yet, I want to see the backdoor pilot first so I'm gonna wait until GA S3 comes to Five, then start watching PP. It looks pretty good so I'm surprised lots of GA fans dislike it. I guess that's more to do with the fact that they prefer Addison on GA rather than the quality of PP.

I'd say I prefer Addison at Seattle Grace too, but I didn't hate the back-door pilot. I enjoyed it, and the new characters are pretty fun, Chris Lowell's character is annoying though. I'm actually looking forward to this spin-off even though I've heard negative comments on it.

The actual spin-off is subtly different than the back-door pilot. I don't find Chris Lowell's character as annoying in the real show. PP has a great vibe about it... difficult to explain, but I really like it I'm also enjoying S4 of Grey's... it's all good for me

I love Grey's!

I'm really looking forward to Private Practice, I'd like to see a few crossovers, like they did on Buffy and Angel.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

NJZ

[62]Oct 16, 2007
    • level: 29
    Has anyone seen next week's Heroes promo/trailer? KB's in it. It looks awesome, and you can tell from just the promo that KB did a good job. Can't wait til next week.

michael_LB92

[63]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 24
    This Promo with Kristen Bell?

electricpeppers

[64]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 26

michael_LB92 wrote:

Whoops I just posted that in the Heroes KB thread. Ah well. I can't wait to be honest, it's gonna be good!

Edited on 10/17/2007 3:47am

NJZ

[65]Oct 17, 2007
    Yep, that one. Looks great, I can't wait either.

Vital_Shot

[66]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 25
    michael_LB92 wrote:

Hehe, I'm only going to watch it because of Kristen, even though I've been wanting to end into Heroes for a while. It's just another reason why!

eMetiB_101

[67]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 36
    Here's a 6 minute preview of Heroes Fight or Flight - Kristen's premiere episode.

eMetiB_101

[68]Oct 17, 2007
    • level: 36
    and here's some behind the scenes footage of Heroes Fight or Flight - also featuring Kristen

michael_LB92

[69]Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for posting them! I tried to avoid everything non-Kristen, as I'm trying my best to remain spoiler-free for season two. Anyway, it was interesting to see her doing that "I can take care of myself thing" - do you think they're adding the electricity bolts coming out of her hand? Also, the extra walking past Kristen and that Irish/Scottish/Wales guy, how he stopped when he passed the camera, and just stood to the side of it was interesting (I'm interested in how films are made and stuff )

electricpeppers

[70]Oct 18, 2007
    Thanks for those eMetiB_101! Elle works for The Company? *headdesk* I don't know why I had this image of her being a freelancer.

Oh god the 'Oirish accents'. Make it stop, is it so hard to cast natives?

NJZ

[71]Oct 18, 2007
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I tried to avoid everything non-Kristen, as I'm trying my best to remain spoiler-free for season two.

Me too. I always end up getting spoiled though coz my brother talks about Heroes non-stop. He even searches the net looking for spoilers. I keep telling him to let it be and that it'd be more interesting if he didn't know anything that was going to happen but he never listens.

Vital_Shot

[72]Oct 18, 2007
    • level: 25
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    Here's a 6 minute preview of Heroes Fight or Flight - Kristen's premiere episode.

Ooh, thanks. I'm watching it now. It's fantastic to see Kristen back on TV.

michael_LB92

[73]Oct 19, 2007
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I tried to avoid everything non-Kristen, as I'm trying my best to remain spoiler-free for season two.

Me too. I always end up getting spoiled though coz my brother talks about Heroes non-stop. He even searches the net looking for spoilers. I keep telling him to let it be and that it'd be more interesting if he didn't know anything that was going to happen but he never listens.

Really? None of my family are into TV at all. They watch it and all, but they never do anything extra-cirricular with it; like buying TV Week or looking for spoilers or buying the DVDs. Sorry, this is a sort of random message.

electricpeppers

[74]Oct 19, 2007

My family are the same way, they don't generally watch the same things I do nor do they look for spoilers or the like. But all of them are obsessed with Heroes! I like the alternative tagline for Heroes: 'Normal people like it too, not just geeks' -- it's funny because it's true.

I keep getting accidently spoiled which is annoying.

Edited on 10/19/2007 1:21am

michael_LB92

[75]Oct 19, 2007
    electricpeppers wrote:

My family are the same way, they don't generally watch the same things I do nor do they look for spoilers or the like. But all of them are obsessed with Heroes! I like the alternative tagline for Heroes: 'Normal people like it too, not just geeks' -- it's funny because it's true.

I keep getting accidently spoiled which is annoying.

They should have that, instead of "Save The Cheerleader - Save the World" or "Ordinary people with Extraordianary abilities." But I suppose that tag is kind of comic-reliefy, which is something Heroes never is. I love the show, but sometimes they take themselves way to serious, if you get what I mean.

NJZ

[76]Oct 19, 2007
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    I love the show, but sometimes they take themselves way to serious, if you get what I mean.

I totally understand what you mean.

NJZ

[77]Oct 19, 2007
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:

Really? None of my family are into TV at all. They watch it and all, but they never do anything extra-cirricular with it; like buying TV Week or looking for spoilers or buying the DVDs. Sorry, this is a sort of random message.

Yeah, me and my brother are the only ones who are a bit obsessive about tv shows in my family. He doesn't buy tv guides or anything, he just searches stuff on the net.

tvfan332

[78]Oct 19, 2007
    • level: 37

Just out of curiousity does anyone watch Ugly Betty? I really like it, it's not overly great but it's fun. The first three episodes of the new season have been great!

michael_LB92

[79]Oct 19, 2007
    NJZ wrote:
    Yeah, me and my brother are the only ones who are a bit obsessive about tv shows in my family. He doesn't buy tv guides or anything, he just searches stuff on the net.

I wish someone in my family were as obsessed with TV as I am.

michael_LB92

[80]Oct 19, 2007
    tvfan332 wrote:

Just out of curiousity does anyone watch Ugly Betty? I really like it, it's not overly great but it's fun. The first three episodes of the new season have been great!

Truthfully, I think Ugly Betty is an entertaining and good show; but I will never understand all the hype it is given. I mean, it's fun and all; but I have seen better shows.