Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Java The Hut - The Official Off Topic Thread

eMetiB_101

[101]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 36

NJZ wrote:
    The fans that got Alona Tal written out were just stupid & immature. I mean, she's an ACTRESS for god's sakes and Jensen is an ACTOR, they're ACTING, it's not real. Stupid 12 year old gilrs.

Yeah, stupid people who can't distinguish fantasy from reality I liked Alona's character in SPN.

And a comment on Bella...

***SPOILER***

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

electricpeppers

[102]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 26

It's not just 12 year olds that want Dean or Sam for themselves the women on the TWOP SPN board were just as vile as the little girls. The posters on there vary from around 18 to 40 years old, roughly. Mainly older people on there. They absolutely HATED Jo, and now they all hate 'Rubela' as they call them.

What I found funny was, a while back some of them were saying that Dean should shack up with Jo's mum. That's terribly immoral and I would question any mother who would do such a thing seeing as Jo really liked Dean; but they seemed to think Ellen/Dean hooking up would be "hot". I now realize that seeing as these posters are older women they could live vicariously through Ellen. Thereby acknowledging that Dean loves zee oldies too. It's just so ridiculous! And amusing.

Edited on 10/23/2007 11:20am

NJZ

[103]Oct 23, 2007
    • level: 29
    electricpeppers wrote:

It's not just 12 year olds that want Dean or Sam for themselves the women on the TWOP SPN board were just as vile as the little girls. The posters on there vary from around 18 to 40 years old, roughly. Mainly older people on there. They absolutely HATED Jo, and now they all hate 'Rubela' as they call them.

What I found funny was, a while back some of them were saying that Dean should shack up with Jo's mum. That's terribly immoral and I would question any mother who would do such a thing seeing as Jo really liked Dean; but they seemed to think Ellen/Dean hooking up would be "hot". I now realize that seeing as these posters are older women they could live vicariously through Ellen. Thereby acknowledging that Dean loves zee oldies too. It's just so ridiculous! And amusing.

That is really ridiculous. I thought it was just the little girls that got Alona written out. BTW, I apologise for my earlier rant.

eMetiB_101

[104]Oct 23, 2007
    electricpeppers wrote:

What I found funny was, a while back some of them were saying that Dean should shack up with Jo's mum.

Ewww!!!

michael_LB92

[105]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 24
    Jo and Dean barely hooked up. They had the typical "driving insane, but secretly have this huge sexual tension between us" thing, but they never kissed or had sex or anything like that! And now they're forming a Rubela!?
    When are they gonna learn that SPN will never survive on it's own with two main characters? I am getting so sick of just the two guys being the whole show, and having these "recurring" characters (Jo, Ellen, Bobby) that are in like 6 episodes a season. It just gets old, and boring, and stale, and will never get them any ratings IMO.

eMetiB_101

[106]Oct 24, 2007

For those of you living in the UK... there is going to he a Heroes Convention March 2008 and Sylar will be there!

For details go to this website: http://www.massiveevents.co.uk/eclipse/

If you do go, please be sure to spill all the details back on this forum!

NJZ

[107]Oct 24, 2007
    I would go, but it costing £78 and taking place in Northampton makes it very unlikely that I'd even be allowed. Would've loved to meet Greg and Zach though

tvfan332

[108]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 37

This is the off-topic thread, so here's my 10 favourite TV shows...

01. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    02. Grey's Anatomy
    03. Charmed
    04. Alias
    05. Angel
    06. South Park
    07. Roswell
    08. Desperate Housewives
    09. Veronica Mars
    10. The OC

So what's everyone else's favourites?

fireprince07

[109]Oct 24, 2007
    • level: 5
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Hey, has anyone seen the show "Grosse Pointe"? It only went for one season on the WB in the year 2000, I think. I remember I loved it when I was younger, but I'm not sure if I'd still love it, cause I'm considering buying it on DVD.

Did anyone else see it? And what did you think? Yay or Nay?

I remember watching it and liking it but I would have to watch an episode to remember if I like it enough to buy the DVD. I do remember it parodied a lot of the "in" things in Hollywood and I thought that was hilarious and I remember there was an episode where they specifically made fun of Shannen Doherty.

michael_LB92

[110]Oct 25, 2007
    fireprince07 wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    Hey, has anyone seen the show "Grosse Pointe"? It only went for one season on the WB in the year 2000, I think. I remember I loved it when I was younger, but I'm not sure if I'd still love it, cause I'm considering buying it on DVD.

Did anyone else see it? And what did you think? Yay or Nay?

I remember watching it and liking it but I would have to watch an episode to remember if I like it enough to buy the DVD. I do remember it parodied a lot of the "in" things in Hollywood and I thought that was hilarious and I remember there was an episode where they specifically made fun of Shannen Doherty.

Yeah, the show also made fun of THE WB a lot! I think that also contributed to its cancellation. That, and the ratings sucked. I just remember loving the show so much, and how cool the opening credits are!

michael_LB92

[111]Oct 25, 2007
    tvfan332 wrote:

This is the off-topic thread, so here's my 10 favourite TV shows...

01. Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    02. Grey's Anatomy
    03. Charmed
    04. Alias
    05. Angel
    06. South Park
    07. Roswell
    08. Desperate Housewives
    09. Veronica Mars
    10. The OC

So what's everyone else's favourites?

I can't be bothered putting them in order, so I'll just lists some of my favourite shows:

- Buffy
    - VM
    - Angel
    - How I Met Your Mother
    - Heroes
    - Bionic Woman (so far)
    - Friends
    - One Tree Hill
    - Supernatural
    - Alias

... and, some more. But I won't go on forever.

NJZ

[112]Oct 25, 2007
    Mine in no particular order: Veronica Mars, Angel, Alias, BtVS, Desperate Housewives, Heroes, Friends, Grey's Anatomy, Ghost Whisperer, Charmed, Gilmore Girls, Dawson's Creek, Prison Break, Brother's & Sisters, Dark Angel, Medium, Tru Calling, The Simpsons, Ugly Betty. I know that's more than 10, I just couldn't decide which of those would be in my Top 10. Although, the first 5 that I mentioned would definitely be in my Top 10 without a second though.

electricpeppers

[113]Oct 25, 2007
    Favourites in no particular order (basically my DVD collection):

Veronica Mars
    Heroes
    Lost
    Angel Buffy the Vampire Slayer
    Skins
    Smallville
    Supernatural
    The OC
    Charmed
    Hex

Random (other) shows I like:

Friends
    Fraiser
    The Simpsons
    Futurama
    Doctor Who
    Roswell
    Have I got News For You
    Nevermind the Buzzcocks
    Dawsons Creek
    etc.

blufuzycow

[114]Oct 25, 2007
    • level: 19

random order of shows that i love and watch over and over again:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Angel, Firefly, Veronica Mars, The OC, Smallville

other shows that rock but i am not as obsessed with or at least not yet:

Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls, Heroes, Dark Angel, Tru Calling, House, and Charmed

this is not a complete list of shows i watch but these are the ones i am more willing to spend money on or make sure i am home to watch them just in case the VCR fails...

NJZ

[115]Oct 26, 2007
    blufuzycow wrote:
    Dark Angel, Tru Calling

Yay, another DA and TC fan.

eMetiB_101

[116]Oct 27, 2007

So K-Bell is single again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNksDTgAdFw

this does make me wonder if Zach and Kristen may become more than friends 'cause they have such good chemistry

kingerique

[117]Oct 27, 2007
    [QUOTE="blufuzycow"]

Dead Like Me, Wonderfalls,

good to see another dead like me fan. I have just borrowed wonderfalls but have not started watching it yet so hopefully it will live upto the hype. Other recommended shows angel buffy the wire sopranos trailer park boys frasier the shield veronica mars seinfeld 24

blufuzycow

[118]Oct 27, 2007
    • level: 19
    [QUOTE="kingerique"]
    blufuzycow wrote:

good to see another dead like me fan. I have just borrowed wonderfalls but have not started watching it yet so hopefully it will live upto the hype. Other recommended shows angel buffy the wire sopranos trailer park boys frasier the shield veronica mars seinfeld 24

wonderfalls is pretty neat, i like the off beat humor, i really think the last disk of episodes is the best which makes it even more of a shame that the show was not picked up for another season, if you like it, i really recommend listening to the commentaries b/c not only are they hilarious but they include info aboutwhere the characters were going to go and what the following seasons would have been about plot wise...

my dad just got me hooked on dead like me this summer and its funny b/c he found the show through reruns on sci-fi channel and was all like you should check this show out i think you would like it, i can't wait for the new season to start...i had to break the news to him that the show had been cancelled since like 2004...but like Veronica Mars i think that show does voice overs really well...

electricpeppers

[119]Oct 28, 2007
    eMetiB_101 wrote:

So K-Bell is single again... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNksDTgAdFw

this does make me wonder if Zach and Kristen may become more than friends 'cause they have such good chemistry

I'm pretty sure Zachary Quinto is gay if not I'd be deeply shocked. Lol, but if they're together that's cute.

kingerique

[120]Oct 28, 2007
    [QUOTE="blufuzycow"]
    kingerique wrote:
    blufuzycow wrote:

wonderfalls is pretty neat, i like the off beat humor, i really think the last disk of episodes is the best which makes it even more of a shame that the show was not picked up for another season, if you like it, i really recommend listening to the commentaries b/c not only are they hilarious but they include info aboutwhere the characters were going to go and what the following seasons would have been about plot wise...

my dad just got me hooked on dead like me this summer and its funny b/c he found the show through reruns on sci-fi channel and was all like you should check this show out i think you would like it, i can't wait for the new season to start...i had to break the news to him that the show had been cancelled since like 2004...but like Veronica Mars i think that show does voice overs really well...

and like veronica mars, dead like me takes a more insightful view of what life and relationships are actually like than most shows. I love the insights on how people interact with each other in the show.
    I like off beat humour so am looking forward to watching wonderfalls. Sad to think that they had all these plans for the following seasons and yet so few episodes were actually aired (was it only 4?)