Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Java The Hut - The Official Off Topic Thread

Vital_Shot

[181]Dec 26, 2007
    • level: 25
    electricpeppers wrote:

Dear Santa,

Please make Kristen Bell a regular on Heroes. And give her lots of scenes with Jack Coleman and David Anders.

Yours sincerely, me.

P.S Stop this sodding writers strike.

Hah, I want Kristen Bell to be a regular too, but who doesn't? That hot thing that she is. I got my three seasons of Veronica Mars yesterday and I'm so excited, it's not even funny.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

eMetiB_101

[182]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 36

Hi, this is majorly off topic but that is what this thread is for

For all fans of Allison Mack you might like to check out her video blogs on YouTube where she answers fans questions and even sings Allison also keeps a regular blog on www.allisonmack.com

Just posted this here cause I know some of you are Smallville fans as well.

tvfan332

[183]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 37
    eMetiB_101 wrote:

Hi, this is majorly off topic but that is what this thread is for

For all fans of Allison Mack you might like to check out her video blogs on YouTube where she answers fans questions and even sings Allison also keeps a regular blog on www.allisonmack.com

Just posted this here cause I know some of you are Smallville fans as well.

Allison Mack rocks, she's the best actor on Smallville, after Michael Rosenbaum.

Anywho watched the first part of the question and answer thing, and she seems really nice. I didn't know she could sing.

michael_LB92

[184]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 24
    "Yuck, Smallville."

-- says the boy who whizzed through season four of One Tree Hill in four days, and actually bothered to watch all of Charmed season eight.

eMetiB_101

[185]Jan 4, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    "Yuck, Smallville."

-- says the boy who whizzed through season four of One Tree Hill in four days, and actually bothered to watch all of Charmed season eight.

Well regardless of what you may think of Smallville, Allison Mack is an amazing human being Her blog doesn't really talk about Smallville anyway it just her thoughts on life really and she does have some really cool things to say.

NJZ

[186]Jan 4, 2008
    • level: 29
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    "Yuck, Smallville."

Well regardless of what you may think of Smallville, Allison Mack is an amazing human being

Even though I think Smallville sucks, I have to agree with Allison being amazing. She's the only reason I sat through all of Seasons 5 & 6 of that horrid show and she's the only thing I miss about SV.

blufuzycow

[187]Jan 6, 2008
    • level: 19

eMetiB_101 wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    "Yuck, Smallville." -- says the boy who whizzed through season four of One Tree Hill in four days, and actually bothered to watch all of Charmed season eight.
    Well regardless of what you may think of Smallville, Allison Mack is an amazing human being Her blog doesn't really talk about Smallville anyway it just her thoughts on life really and she does have some really cool things to say.

i kinda liked season 8 of charmed, well at least i thought it was better than seasons 5, 6, and 7

yeah allison mack's blog and videos are pretty cool i like to check her blog every now and then for some interesting insights and humor...

michael_LB92

[188]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 24
    blufuzycow wrote:
    i kinda liked season 8 of charmed

*slap*

NJZ

[189]Jan 7, 2008
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    blufuzycow wrote:

*slap*

Haha lol. Blufuzycow, what exactly did you like about it? (other than Piper pounding on Billie in KBV2?)

tvfan332

[190]Jan 7, 2008

NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    blufuzycow wrote:
    *slap*
    Haha lol. Blufuzycow, what exactly did you like about it? (other than Piper pounding on Billie in KBV2?)

Piper threatening to blow up Billie inKBV1 was also awesome.

Edited on 01/07/2008 9:30am

blufuzycow

[191]Jan 7, 2008
    • level: 19
    tvfan332 wrote:

NJZ wrote:
    michael_LB92 wrote:
    blufuzycow wrote:
    *slap*

Piper threatening to blow up Billie inKBV1 was also awesome.

i didn't really mind Billie, and i guess i just liked that the show went back to the theme of sisterhood and the last two eps were a good finish i felt with everything getting wrapped up and all of the family members showing up along the way...it was corny but i guess i felt so beat down by Charmed at that point that it made sense...

NJZ

[192]Jan 8, 2008
    blufuzycow wrote:
    t was corny but i guess i felt so beat down by Charmed at that point that it made sense...

lol, I guess that's kinda true. I liked the whole sisterhood theme of Season 8 (reminded me of how BtVS went back to it's roots too), but it was executed poorly which really cheapened the whole effect they were trying to show.

electricpeppers

[193]Jan 18, 2008
    • level: 26

Ah, Charmed. I actually refuse to recognise anything in season 8 -- I hated it that much, that season doesn't exist in my world view. I loved season 7 and thought it did well to mention past events/old episodes etc. therefore that made a better final season IMO!

This is a somewhat random segue but does anyone watch Torchwood here? Yes, it's terrible but there's little else to watch on Wednesday nights (that's my poor defence). Anyway, the reason I asked was because James Masters was in the first episode of series 2 which aired this week. I thought he was excellent. Thankfully (hating Spike for many years now)even though JM played an English, smarmy, snarky character he was surprisingly un-Spike like. I think he's in another episode at some point too... anyways I just thought he was pretty good. There was a nice Buffy homage too at the start of the episode when Jack turned up after having been missing for months; they basically reenacted that opening scene from 'When She Was Bad'.

Edited on 01/18/2008 12:33pm

eMetiB_101

[194]Jan 19, 2008
    electricpeppers wrote:

This is a somewhat random segue but does anyone watch Torchwood here? Yes, it's terrible but there's little else to watch on Wednesday nights (that's my poor defence). Anyway, the reason I asked was because James Masters was in the first episode of series 2 which aired this week. I thought he was excellent.

Yes I watch Torchwood and have seen this episode too, but I have an opposing view on JM I'm afraid. I guess JM's acting was ok but I found the character to be pointless and annoying and I was glad to see the back of him by the end of the episode. And (grone) he's gonna be back.

As for Torchwood itself, I'll keep watching (there's usually at least 1 or 2 good episodes per season), but it seems to be going even further off the rails than it was heading in season 1. This show has no sense of direction it just meanders every which way and has every character screwing (or wanting to screw) every other character regardless of gender and preference - WTF!

Sci-fi it aint, but perhaps comedy it is because it's so bad it's funny.

NJZ

[195]Jan 19, 2008
    electricpeppers wrote:

Ah, Charmed. I actually refuse to recognise anything in season 8 -- I hated it that much, that season doesn't exist in my world view. I loved season 7 and thought it did well to mention past events/old episodes etc. therefore that made a better final season IMO

I completely agree. Season 7 was miles better and fitted better as the final season. Season 8 just f*cked everything up.
    eMetiB_101 wrote:
    has every character screwing (or wanting to screw) every other character regardless of gender and preference - WTF!

Sounds a little like Grey's Anatomy to me.

BTW, anyone been watching Cashmere Mafia?

Firetears

[196]Jan 19, 2008
    • level: 23
    So, the chances of someone saying yes to this question is really small, but does ANYONE here watch Asian dramas? And if so, do you have any recommendations. I'm watching one right now called Devil Beside You and it's pretty good if you're into the cheesy stuff. I guess if you're into anime then it's amusing. The opening alone can let you see how... [insert word or phrase here] the show is.

eMetiB_101

[197]Jan 19, 2008

Comic Foundry: An interview with Kristen Bell

NJZ

[198]Jan 20, 2008
    Nup, sorry firetears. Thanks for posting e_metib, look forward to reading it

NJZ

[199]Jan 20, 2008
    Cool interview. She could've toned down the swearing though; it wasn't all that necessary. I didn't know she was a 90210 fan, that's pretty cool. I liked how she appreciated Veronica Mars; a lot of famous people don't appreciate what made them famous in the first place because they think they're better than it so it was nice to read that Kristen's still got her feet on the ground. BTW, no mention of Heroes? The interview sounded like it was done pre-Heroes but the magazine issue seems like it hasn't come out yet. And one thing I absolutely hate and the thing that's gonna put me off watching "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" is Russell Brand. I can't stand that tosser.

tvfan332

[200]Jan 20, 2008

That was a really interesting interview, I agree with NJZ, it's nice that she loved Veronica's character and how it got her where she is, I didn't know she was going to be popping up in that much movies!

I had no clue she loved 90210, I've always wanted to watch that, mostly because of Shannen Doherty.