Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Kickstarter Campaign For a Veronica Mars Movie

tvfan332

[1]Mar 13, 2013
    • level: 37

So...it could actually happen, if they raise enough money they're hoping to shoot it in a few months.

Information - http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/13/veronica-mars-movie-kristen-bell-kickstarter/

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559914737/the-veronica-mars-movie-project

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

theopratt

[2]Mar 13, 2013
    • level: 2

I am more happy right now than I've been in a long time. I donated to this about an hour ago and I've never felt better about donating money, not even in the past when I've donated money to save people's lives. And at this point in the game, I think it's safe to say that they will raise enough money for this, the question now is just how much above target will they be able to raise. At this exact moment they have raised $1,462,888. They only need two million to do this, and they have 30 days left. So this is pretty much going to happen, and it looks like they may even have (finger's crossed, knock on wood, etc.) double the minimum budget or something like that. I realize that there will be a lot less donations when they make their mark, but this will definitely be well within a comfortable range to make a fitting end to Veronica Mars, something that it was robbed of initially. By the way, as of now the money raised is $1,470,486, which is almost eight thousand more than a minute ago. This is happening, and I am pumped.

Zwingli4

[3]Mar 14, 2013
    • level: 16

Well, they raised all the moola--and in just 24 hours yet. So it looks like the VM movie is a go. Smile