Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

Logan and Parker

jaderham

[1]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 2
    I am sorry if there is already a board for this, but I just couldnt ignore how disgusted I am.  I understand the whole treasure hunt thing and it was actually nice.  Lets call it a day from there though.  Even Parker knows that she will hurt V if she treads into Logan territory but wherre is Mac in this.  Her and V have been friends longer than Parker.  She should have said something to Parker.  I know that she did get raped and it is good to see her moving on.  At Hearst how many guys do you think there is?  Maybe this is just another version of 90210.  Cant anyone just be friends and hang out anymore.  I had to turn the channel everytime that they showed Logan and Parker together.  Which seperatly I like.  I wonder if I am going to have to stop watching the show.  I sure would like to see V and Logan working together again on a case, I think it might help to ease the hurt .  Besides thats all anyone wants. V and Logan together even if not together in the naked sense.  They had and hopefully will have again in the future beautiful snarkiness.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sastra05

[2]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    i kinda like the idea of parker and logan being together. i don't think veronica cares too much since she wasn't best firends with parker anyway. veronica and logan can still be friends (seeing how he'll be hanging around mac and parker's dorm room)

electricpeppers

[3]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 26
    I may have to gauge my eyes out if I am subjected to any Parker-Logan lovey-doveyness. I would like to see LoVe back together for the end of the series... but if that's this season, I'm doubting it will happen.
    Edited on 02/28/2007 10:57am

T-i-b

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 13
    You guys it all a plot to finally make Veronica Jealous I mean we have never seen her be jealous and for that she will hook up with Piz and Logan and Veronica have to be apart to relize that they should be together lol sappy i know!

twitch283

[5]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 10
    Frankly, V has no room to complain. She left Logan, he found someone else, end of story.

degrassi_lover

[6]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 21
    I really don't feel any LoVe. Logan to me is actually really annoying me. I like the fact that Parker and Logan might start a little relationship. Its cool. I see Logan and Parker as a better couple then Logan+Veronica. Veronica should give Piz a chance and forget about Logan, because in the end, it seems she will always end up getting hurt by him.

electricpeppers

[7]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 26
    I wish it was anyone aside from Parker. 

diecaro

[8]Feb 28, 2007
    Sastra05 wrote:
    i kinda like the idea of parker and logan being together. i don't think veronica cares too much since she wasn't best firends with parker anyway. veronica and logan can still be friends (seeing how he'll be hanging around mac and parker's dorm room)

You really think Veronica doesn't care??? Did we watch the same eppy? With Veronica avoiding any mention of Logan or him with Parker? The episode where Veronica was so obviously uncomfortable when Logan asked her if it was okay to date Parker? The one with Logan being a complete jerk for just wanting to make Veronica jealous? That Papa's Cabin??

simpsons_lover

[9]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 3
    I know its not right at least if there gona do that bring back Duncan

DoveSweety

[10]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 4

simpsons_lover wrote:
    I know its not right at least if there gona do that bring back Duncan

I don't like Duncan that much, but I agree! I was hoping that when Keith had to go to Mexico to find Prof. Landry, that he would run into Duncan or something! It would've been perfect! I kind of like Parker and Logan together. I think it will make for a good plot. Eventually LoVe will be back together, they just need some time to realize how much they care for one another.

partyof4

[11]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 2

V has to find someone else first..not the other way around!!! Though she is always so busy and he is a waste of space most of the time so I understand why he needs to find someone. I really like Logan but I dont want V to ride that train again.

VM_lOVER_07

[12]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 4
    all i have to say is i want LoVe back together. Logan & Parker. NO! NO! NO!

Sastra05

[13]Feb 28, 2007

diecaro wrote:
    Sastra05 wrote:

You really think Veronica doesn't care??? Did we watch the same eppy? With Veronica avoiding any mention of Logan or him with Parker? The episode where Veronica was so obviously uncomfortable when Logan asked her if it was okay to date Parker? The one with Logan being a complete jerk for just wanting to make Veronica jealous? That Papa's Cabin??

uncomfortable yes, but she will get over it. she did have other matters that were more pressing than logan asking parker for a date (like solving a murder case). i don't think he did it to make her jealous. i think logan is attracted to strong girls and parker has definately changed since her first appearance as the airhead skank.

bonniekean

[14]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    electricpeppers wrote:
    I wish it was anyone aside from Parker. 

Me too. Logan is so under her standards.
    Although, I'm pretty sure you're thinking it the other way around.

wrtrsblck

[15]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 1

I don't think Logan is trying to hurt Veronica or make her jealous.  I think, if anything, he's more sensitive to her feelings after she broke up with him after finding out about Madison. 

And I agree that Logan is attracted to strong women, or any beautiful woman, for that matter, who will pay attention to him.  Parker is definitely not the same girl she was in the beginning of the season.

I think the bottom line is that he's supposed to be a 19 year old guy who is an orphan and, essentially, completely alone.  He is lonely and rather misguided.  He self medicates himself with sex.  Look at who his parents were.  One telling thing about how much he wants to be a part of a family is how quickly he tried to connect with his brother (I don't think we've seen the last of him, by the way, this season).  He knew he didn't have a relationship with his sister.  And there's never been any mention of grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. 

While I like Logan and Veronica together, for the most part, I have not enjoyed them this season except for when they actually broke up over the Madison issue (very good scene, the writing and acting was great!).  

Don't shoot tomatoes at me for this but I think Veronica was condescending to Logan at times this season.  And his snappy dialogue was often missing altogether.  That's not to say that I don't think they ultimately are 'done' but I'm OK with them growing up a bit more, apart. 

If nothing else, Logan was right about 1 thing - Veronica is inherently unconmfortable with needing someone, anyone.  Major issues there from her mother leaving.  Veronica is going to struggle with that in any relationship she has.  There's being independent and then there's being an Island of One.  She wants to stay on her island while Logan wants to be anywhere but by himself.

And that's my psycho babble on the subject.

Ivana_M

[17]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 5
    I didn't really care for Logan and Veronica as a couple, i only enjoyed watching them on screen together because the sexual tension was entertaining. Once they became a couple for me it got a bit stale. But whatever floats your boat : )

Misery24

[18]Mar 1, 2007
    Great analysis, wrtrsblck.
    I agree with you. Veronica is always playing that: I'm-a-strong-woman-and-I-can-do-everything-by-myself card, while Logan wants for her to need him. I think that Veronica will find herself in the situation where she will be forced to watch Logan and Parker together and she will not like it. And for a while she will be able to hide her pain, eventually everything will come out.

Besides, I don't think Logan will be comfortable dating Parker in front of Veronica. And there's no way Parker won't notice that. IMO, she will be the one who won't be happy with the idea of dating a man who is still very much in love with her friend.

(OT, I don't see how she can even start dating him in the first place...I mean, your friends ex-boyfriend? Wrong, wrong, wrong)

diecaro

[19]Mar 1, 2007
    Misery24 wrote:
    Great analysis, wrtrsblck.
    I agree with you. Veronica is always playing that: I'm-a-strong-woman-and-I-can-do-everything-by-myself card, while Logan wants for her to need him. I think that Veronica will find herself in the situation where she will be forced to watch Logan and Parker together and she will not like it. And for a while she will be able to hide her pain, eventually everything will come out.

Besides, I don't think Logan will be comfortable dating Parker in front of Veronica. And there's no way Parker won't notice that. IMO, she will be the one who won't be happy with the idea of dating a man who is still very much in love with her friend.

(OT, I don't see how she can even start dating him in the first place...I mean, your friends ex-boyfriend? Wrong, wrong, wrong)

Agreed. It's wrong that she starts dating Logan. So so so wrong...
    Anyway, I'm kinda hoping that seeing him with Parker is gonna make Veronica realize just how much she wants and needs him. And I'm sure there's gonna be a situation where she can prove that she can let him closer and everything's gonna turn out just fine. So much for my naive idea of the story to come

websitebuilda

[20]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 17
    To quote Cheap Trick: "I need you to need me" seems to summarize the Logan and Veronica relationship.