Veronica Mars Forums

UPN (ended 2007)

One Angry Veronica discussion w/out spoilers for upcoming episodes

Kyara1980

[1]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 12
    Enjoy... will add more when I watch the episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Kyara1980

[2]Dec 8, 2005
    Questions:
    What is the link to the alternate ending?
    What did Veronica's car say?
    Why, exactly, did Logan take the tapes?
    If it was Meg's sister that was being emotionally abused, why the heck didn't Meg have proof of what was happening????? That made no sense to me whatsoever!

I really wonder if what happened to Meg was a blood clot, as she asked Veronica to take care of her baby for her if anything happened. To me, it just seems like she knew something was going to happen. Did her parents kill her after she had the baby? I should have seen her death coming, but I was unbelievably shocked. I hope Veronica does what she asks.

Duncan is the father, so I do believe he should have legal rights as to what happens to his daughter. I don't think Meg's parents could do anything to her if Duncan doesn't allow it. ... And now we know why she was so pissed off at Veronica!

I've totally forgotten about deputy Leo. He's been so unimportant. He is hot, though, and I hope he does stay on the show. We'll see. As for being with Veronica... I prefer Logan . I'm a LoVe fan, myself.

Thank God (and I feel really bad because I've forgotten his name) V's bestfriend is back! I hope we'll find out what happened with him. And, I'm glad Veronica is giving him a chance to get comfortable before bombarding him with questions.

I love this show more and more. I can't wait to see what happens next!!

SNreply

[3]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 4
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

jawsomemax

[4]Dec 8, 2005
    • level: 5
    ok.. to discuss this episode without going to further:

1.. I loved it.. it didnt have that classic VM feel, but it still showed that Veronica is a smart person, who people take for granted.

2.. Although I had a gut instinct after watching the alternate ending that it would be Meg.. i was completly shocked when the words came out of Keith's mouth... my jaw literally dropped.

3.. Veronica's reaction was perfect.. she wasnt SUPER close with Meg, but there was still human interaction.. Im glad she didnt just start balling and screaming.

Overall-- Id give the episode an A... it was fun, witty, and has whipped me around in cliffhangers for weeks.

Kyara1980

[5]Dec 9, 2005
    Oh yeah, I so didn't like the alternate ending. I thought it was stupid... No way would I have liked Veronica looking guilty. But other than that, it was fine. And it just proves my theory that Meg didn't have a blood clot... her mom killed her.

Mag1575

[6]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 3
    I really enjoyed this episode. It will be interesting to see what happen's to Meg and Duncan's baby. There isn't any doubt that Veronica is the most moral person in this noir world, so she will help the baby. I think someone had written Thank you, B**** on Veronica's car. I'm so happy that Wallace. I can't wait for the next episode, but five weeks is too long.

Mag1575

[7]Dec 9, 2005
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

CharlesTheBold

[8]Dec 9, 2005
    • level: 7
    Kyara1980 wrote:

Duncan is the father, so I do believe he should have legal rights as to what happens to his daughter. I don't think Meg's parents could do anything to her if Duncan doesn't allow it.

I don't know the law (can anybody on the forum cite it?) but it seems to me that Duncan would have to prove paternity before he can claim the child (he wasn't married to Meg, and she never formally identified him as the father). Until then Meg's parents would be the closest proved relatives and thus the logical guardians.

I don't understand the family situation anyway. Meg is afraid they'd "indoctrinate" the child (ie, bring it up in their own religion, which is what all religious parents do -- what's so suspicious about that?) And why did Meg and her sister turn out so different from the rest of the family? And whatever happened to her original intention (in "LIKE A VIRGIN") not to have sex until after marriage? This subplot just isn't making sense.

Kyara1980

[9]Dec 9, 2005
    CharlesTheBold wrote:
    Kyara1980 wrote:

Duncan is the father, so I do believe he should have legal rights as to what happens to his daughter. I don't think Meg's parents could do anything to her if Duncan doesn't allow it.

I don't know the law (can anybody on the forum cite it?) but it seems to me that Duncan would have to prove paternity before he can claim the child (he wasn't married to Meg, and she never formally identified him as the father). Until then Meg's parents would be the closest proved relatives and thus the logical guardians.

I don't understand the family situation anyway. Meg is afraid they'd "indoctrinate" the child (ie, bring it up in their own religion, which is what all religious parents do -- what's so suspicious about that?) And why did Meg and her sister turn out so different from the rest of the family? And whatever happened to her original intention (in "LIKE A VIRGIN") not to have sex until after marriage? This subplot just isn't making sense.

Duncan can easily get a paternity test... and as he's rich, no problems about the cost...

As for Meg not wanting her family to raise her child... hello... Look what is happeneing to her little sister... the abuse.... I wouldn't want my kid to grow u p in that either!!!

And for Meg having sex... She fell in love. It happens.

Mag1575

[10]Dec 9, 2005
    I think Meg was afraid of the religious indoctrination that the baby would receive at the Levi Stinson (sp)Sanctuary House. The orphanage where her parents wanted Meg to leave the baby.

IAChad79

[11]Dec 10, 2005
    [QUOTE="Kyara1980"]Questions:
    What is the link to the alternate ending?
    What did Veronica's car say?
    Why, exactly, did Logan take the tapes?
    If it was Meg's sister that was being emotionally abused, why the heck didn't Meg have proof of what was happening????? That made no sense to me whatsoever!

Your posts confuse me. You ask questions then a few messages later seem to know the answers without being told! Looks like you found out the link was aol.com/veronicamars but it's not there now. Veronicas car said "muchas gracias b****" Logan bought the tapes to protect his dad. It's not always easy to get proof of abuse. What I am confused about is this baby. When exactly did meg get pregnant, was she almost ready to give birth when she died? Even though it should be easy for Duncan to prove he's the dad, like meg said her family will bring up his outbursts and blackouts and probably the murder up at some trial over custody, but veronica will bring up the abuse, so this should be interesting. That whole alternative ending was just to mess with us and to get us questioning meg's death. Also deputy leo is gone I am guessing. He got that show Modern Men midseason the WB, so he probably will be suspended as long as that show is on, but seeing as how fast stuff is cancelled he could be back by the end of the season if they wanted.

Kyara1980

[12]Dec 11, 2005
    IAChad79 wrote:
    You ask questions then a few messages later seem to know the answers without being told! Looks like you found out the link was aol.com/veronicamars but it's not there now.

You're right, I did find the answers for some (like the link to the alternative ending) before anyone answered. Someone had said what the car message said... but it's different from yours... Yours seems more right to me somehow, though...

IAChad79 wrote:
    Logan bought the tapes to protect his dad.

Well that's confusing to me, because why in the world would Logan want to protect his dad? I think, if anything, he just didn't want any tapes shown of his dad doing his gf... I dunno. I definitely can't see him protecting his dad, especially since he kept telling Mr. Mars that he had seen the tapes, Veronica had, and maybe a couple others, who could testify what was on them. I *think* he just didn't want them to get out in the open, especially when he found out someone had stollen them from the police department. I'm not sure, that's why I asked if anyone else knew.

IAChad79 wrote:
    What I am confused about is this baby. When exactly did meg get pregnant, was she almost ready to give birth when she died? Even though it should be easy for Duncan to prove he's the dad, like meg said her family will bring up his outbursts and blackouts and probably the murder up at some trial over custody, but veronica will bring up the abuse, so this should be interesting.

Well obviously she got pregnant when she was dating Duncan last year . I think she said something about last spring. Any way, what confuses me is how the baby survived. And I do believe that her mother waited, probably, until the baby was born to kill Meg. Not saying I know she did, but because of last weeks alternative ending, and their whole religious thing, I wouldn't put it passed her. It's just something I think. Mom probably didn't even know about the pregnancy until after the accident, so chances are it was too late for an abortion... plus being religious they don't believe in it. They probably wanted the baby to be born before anything happened to Meg. Seems funny how she dies just after the baby is born. Mind you, she could have gone into cardiac arrest or something and the doctors did an emergency C... but we don't know as the episode ended without telling us exactly what happened...

IAChad79 wrote:
    I wonder ************.

That's a spoiler, and this is a spoiler free thread. I know it's been all over the boards so far, but that's why I opened this thread, in case, maybe, there are SOME people still who DON'T know that news. So, please, keep that out of this thread. And, actually, I had almost forgotten about it until you mentioned it just now... so, would you please delete it? Like I said, spoiler free thread... and that IS a spoiler since it's not mentioned IN current episodes. It's only mentioned in SOME ads and on this board.

IAChad79

[13]Dec 11, 2005
    Sorry about that. I was caught up in thoughts. One last thing I forgot to mention. Why is this episode called "one angry veronica" she didn't seem all that angry. I've seen her alot worse. I thought something huge was gonna happen based on the title that would make her go crazy.

IAChad79

[14]Dec 11, 2005
    Kyara1980 -
    Well that's confusing to me, because why in the world would Logan want to protect his dad? I think, if anything, he just didn't want any tapes shown of his dad doing his gf... I dunno. I definitely can't see him protecting his dad, especially since he kept telling Mr. Mars that he had seen the tapes, Veronica had, and maybe a couple others, who could testify what was on them. I *think* he just didn't want them to get out in the open, especially when he found out someone had stollen them from the police department. I'm not sure, that's why I asked if anyone else knew.

Reply -
    I'm sure he didn't want to watch his dad and girlfriend on the videos. He didn't want that family embarassment. There was plenty enough reasons. The deputy sure got lucky. She seemed all content that logan got the tapes knowing they wouldn't get out. What would the deputy have done if logan didn't make and offer, sell them to the world? Wouldn't have made his sister story so innocent, since he was gonna let the world see poor lily on the tapes.

kagekidan

[15]Dec 11, 2005
    Logan simply didn't want anyone else to see the videos. And he really didn't want what happened to the other Lilly Kane video to happen to these tapes (ie, plastered all over the internet). And like he said, it really didn't matter that he destroyed them since plenty of other people can testify as to what was on them.

gilmoregirl82

[16]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 8
    IAChad79 wrote:
    Sorry about that. I was caught up in thoughts. One last thing I forgot to mention. Why is this episode called "one angry veronica" she didn't seem all that angry. I've seen her alot worse. I thought something huge was gonna happen based on the title that would make her go crazy.

The title it in reference to the movie 12 angry men, in the movie the jurors cannot decided on the veridict, just like in this episode. I also think that it had to apply to her anger about what was going on with Duncan and all the fighting going on between the different socio-economic groups in Neptune.

As for the whole episode, I loved it, I was so happy that Meg and Veronica made up before she died. I think that it made total since. I want to know is if Sheriff Lamb went and interviewed her about the bus crash since she was the only survivor. I hope this will be answered in the next episode in January. I do not know if I can wait.

fitzyp

[17]Dec 11, 2005
    • level: 11
    Yes I beleive that was episode 24

Kyara1980

[18]Dec 11, 2005
    IAChad79 wrote:

Oh... it's an allusion to some movie called 12 Anger Men. Read the episode allusions. It explains the whole thing .

Oh, and thank you .

kagekidan

[19]Dec 12, 2005
    12 Angry Men is a classic movie. There was a remake of it made a few years ago on one of those cable channels (HBO, Showtime, or another one. Can't remember which). And there's a LOT in common with that movie and this episode, possibly a little too much.

On an interesting note, I think the crime in the movie was about a young kid stabbing someone. It kind of reminds me of the Felix murder of this season. But it shows in both the movie and this episode that the people investigating the crime did a really bad job at it.

IAChad79

[20]Dec 12, 2005
    I had wrote to the fake e-mail logan set up on the show about the tapes and offered a million dollars for the tapes. I got a reply back this morning -

I already have the tapes and destroyed them. If you want to hound someone, why don't you hound Veronica Mars. She can be reached at:

http://www.upn.com/shows/veronica_mars/

-Logan