Veronica Mars

Plan B

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Apr 05, 2006 on UPN

• Honorary Deputy Dog dominates and demolishes and Plan B leads to confession. **SPOILERS DOWN BELOW**

Okay, so I know the show is done, but I had to review it since I'm new to TV.com. Not to mention the fact that this is my favorite episode of VM.
    Logan wins an essay contest with a prize that includes spending a couple of days with Mayor Goodwood and blowing up a baseball stadium. Weevil approaches Veronica and tells her that Thumper killed Felix, but he can't prove it. So, Veronica approaches Logan and asks him to identify the witness that helped him on the bridge the night Felix was murdered. After an awesome exchange of quips between the two, Logan cooperates and says he would know the guy if he saw him.
    Mayor Woody Goodman is on the phone, when his secretary enters to inform him that the contest winner has arrived. He tells her to call the press because he could use some good publicity. He walks out to the receptionist area to find Logan Echolls, Aaron's son, and immediately rescinds his request. He asks Logan to place his hand on the Bible so that he can be sworn in. Logan feigns a burn from the Bible as a joke. Woody swears in Logan, who instantly asked to be excused so that he can go fire the sheriff. Woody and Bev laugh it off as another joke, but Logan was dead serious, which only makes it funnier, IMO. Woody assigns Logan the task of sorting the mail. Logan pouts about it and Keith walks in and acknowledges Logan. That's Honorary Deputy County Commissioner Echolls to him. Keith laughs it off, as do I. While Keith is visiting Woody, Logan comes in and shows them a creepy stalkeresque dvd recorded in Woody's home. But, have no fear, Keith Mars is here!
    Logan and Veronica stake out the mexican seafood truck dude. Once Logan identifies him,they ask him to come forward to tell Lamb what he saw. He denies their request, expressing no love for the PCHers. Veronica informs Weevil of this and they get a semi-confession from Liam Fitzpatrick via a bugged toy truck. They take this info to Lamb, who's as jerky as ever. Since Lamb is useless, as usual, Weevil becomes upset and says it's time to resort to plan b. Veronica calls him Dirty Harry, to which Weevil responds negatively. So, she calls him Dirty Sanchez. It's brilliant, but Weevil's livid and is out for revenge. Logan is sitting around, when Goodwood comes in and tells Logan he knows what he needs in a creepy tone. Cut to the weight room, where Woody asks Logan to spot him. After doing about 3 reps, Logan helps the dirty little weakling pump that last bit of iron. Goodwood comes over after his "workout" and practically feels up Logan. Okay, I'm exaggerating, but that guy is a dirty turdy.
    Keith informs Woody that the video was made before the incorporation proposal and asks if there is any other reason someone would be out to get him. Woody says he'll think on it. Yeah, right.
    At the Sadie Hawkins dance, Veronica works taking pictures, Logan works the entrance, and Gia works Logan's nerves. Wallace ditches his girlfriend to chase after Jackie. He kisses her and doesn't really own up to being the instigator till later on. Meanwhile, Weevil is working on plan b, which includes knocking out Thumper and hiding the Fitzpatrick's drug money in an effort to frame Thumper as a traitor. Needless to say, it works and the Fitzpatricks tie Thumper up and gag him in a bathroom stall.
    Back to the dance. This is where we begin to see the true weirdness of Beaver. He appears so wounded and disturbed during his exchange with Mac after they leave the dance.
    Inside the dance, Logan is at his wits end with Gia. Veronica, in an effort to spare Gia from Logan's brutal honesty, pulls Logan to the dance floor. Gia looks kinda hurt and I thought she might've been crushin on Logan, but I could be wrong. Sadly, "I've had the time of my life" wasn't playing, but the beautiful melody will still make you sway. The way he looks at her when she puts her arms around him, is enough to make one swoon. They can't help looking into one another's eyes, even though they try really hard not to. It's a precious, lovely moment and absolutely breaks my heart.
    Woody comes to see Keith claiming that the gardener did it. Man, Woody, can't we come up something a little more original? Anyways... Veronica gets the witness to come forward to identify Thumper as the murderer. Well, he identifies Thumper's bike, anyway, but it's too late. Plan B has been activated.
    Demolition day has arrived! The foreman finds Thumper's bike chained up in the stadium. Woody wants to proceed and Logan pushes the plunger. As the stadium explodes, one section at a time, we see Thumper's world literally caving in on him. The beauty of this is that Logan exacts his revenge on Thumper, completely oblivious to the situation. It's perfectly perfect. We end with Weevil confessing to Father Fitzpatrick, of all people, of his sins and the time gap since his last confession. It's a definite must see to get the full effect of Plan B.
  • Review - Overrated

Overcome with guilt and frustration, Weevil asks Veronica for help to bring Felix's true killer to justice, but realizes he may have to take matters into his own hands. Meanwhile, Keith reviews a strange DVD that Woody receives in the mail, and relationship troubles brew between Wallace and Jane, and Mac and Cassidy.

It looked like from the last episode to the end of the season was supposed to be filled with episodes that were all "business" as I like to say. This episode was a major let-down for me, but seems like it could be a set-up to the end of the season. First of all - Weevil brought this episode down for me. I have never really been interested in his character as I have said many times over in my reviews of Veronica Mars episodes.

Logan and Veronica dancing was the best (and most unexpected for sure) part of this episode. I like Logan's character the best when he is around and with Veronica and I do hope that this turns into something before the end of the season, though like I said in my last review if Veronica ends up going to Hearst I am not sure how well that will turn out.

I am very confused by the video tape that Mr. Mars was reviewing for most of this episode. This show is very episodic based, but this one is going to carry over into the final stretch of episodes for the season. Duncan being done isn't affected me at all, on a random note. Logan always has and always will be the better character of the two. Overall - very overrated episode I feel.
  • Forgive me father for I have sinned

Holy crap - fantastic wrap up to the "Who killed Felix" arc. Wasn't excepting much from it as I figured it would be a subplot for the finale, but no... Loved the duality of the episode, First part: Weevil with Veronica's help try to catch Thumper. Second part: Weevil does justice himself.

Well, the show is most definitely "back" in full throttle.

Loved every little moment. My favourites? Well as far as comical moments go, Woody calling the press to get some photos with his temp college... that is until he finds out it's Logan. Haha. Then the others... hmm, obviously, the ending. Veronica and Logan dancing. That was really a great Veronica+Logan moment. (Also loved how it was set up..: Gia: Tell me what you think about me, Logen. Be honest!
    Logan: *getting ready to say something horrible*
    Veronica: come dance with me!

Wallace and Jackie found eachother again(DUH! What took so long?) which was nice too.

The episode also raised two very important questions:

-The person in the car who turned the reflectors on. Who is that? -What changed Woody's mind so quickly about the video? It's obviously not his gardener, doesn't take a genius to figure it out.

Overall , superb episode that puts the season back onto track, after a little sideline-action.
  • Weevil asks Veronica 4 help to bring Felix's killer to justice, but realizes he may have to take matters into his own hands. Keith reviews a strange DVD that Woody receives in the mail, and relationship troubles brew between Wallace&Jane, & Mac&Cassidy.

Meanwhile, Keith reviews a strange DVD that Woody receives in the mail, and relationship troubles brew between Wallace and Jane, and Mac and Cassidy. Gia: I think you run from the truth.
    Logan: Only when it's chasing me. Gia: Do you know what I think? I think you use sarcasm and anger as a way to keep people from getting too close to you.
    Logan: You know, I do. But it doesn't always work.
    Gia: Tell me what you think about me. Seriously. Be completely honest.
    (Logan stretches and grins, getting ready to let her have it, when Veronica grabs his arm.)
    Veronica: Dance with me?
    Logan: When I dreamed of this moment, I've Had The Time of My Life was always playing. Ah, what can you do?
  • Plan B Review.

For once an episode that doesn\\\'t revolve around Veronica. Not that thats a bad thing, but with this episode we get too see a bit of the other characters. Like, Mac and Beaver. The episode has lots of action and suspense, but it\\\'s also a little dull and can get boring at times. It\\\'s very informative as we finally see some justice for Felix\\\'s death, Weevil\\\'s rage while talking to Molly is some real acting. All in all, this was a great episode.
  • a great episode

a really good chapter, make us see that logan and veronica still have feeling for each other, just like wallace and jackie, a feel a little sorry for mac because she just wants to get laid with the guy she is in love and im also feel sorry for jane she is such a good girl and she really loved wallace, but i guess it was for the best. i think its a little cruel the scene from the bathroom with thumper, liam and danny, i know he desserves to be punished but i dont think thats the way.
  • After finding the real witness, thumper is in trouble.

I love Veronica and Logan in this episode. After Logan mysteriously writes the best paper and becomes an intern for Woody. This is the first chance you see of Woody actually having something wrong with him. The way Woody touches Logans arms after weightlifting creeped everyone out. Logans slacker shirt was so cute! Veronica and Logan have a talk and decide to go after Logan's real witness. In the car waiting for the witness to show up, Logan and Veronica have a awkward silence, then when they start to talk they highfive bringing all the shippers jumping for glee, there tolerating each other! after all this, THUMPER DIES!
  • Veronica and Weevil make up; Beaver and Mac break up; Wallace and Jane break up; There are some almost-hook ups; and there's a big blow-up!

I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know how Logan does it, but I can't help but love his smarmy self.

There's a new piece of the puzzle: Who was taping inside the mayor's house and why? I have no idea, but can't wait to find out what it all means. The hangar with the explosives does belong to mayor Woody, so what about that? The writers have cleverly tucked that bit of info away and failed to have the Mars team pick up on that yet.

My favorite moments:
    -Weevil and Veronica talking about Thumper
    -Wallace kisses Jackie, but she won't take him back
    -Veronica and Logan's awkward slow dance
    -Boom!

• 2-17 advanced many storylines in the series, but only a tad. It's a lot to take in, and makes you question things you previous thought you knew.

Another fantastic installment of Veronica Mars. Obviously what makes this show great is the deep mystery storylines. However one complaint I've had this season is that there seems to be almost too many storylines all going at once, and each one being pretty deep in itself.

This problem is shown in this episode. Nonetheless, I think it was one of the very best of the season. We have something going on with Mack and Cassidy. Cassidy, as we know, is in business with Kendall Casablancas. Here he's shown as not wanting to be physical with his girlfriend Mack, which leads to their breakup. How this ties into the larger storyline is perplexing; is he messing around with Kendall instead?

And then we hit a lot on what happened to Felix. We find out here that Thumper was probably the man responsible. Veronica and Weevil run into a witness who says he saw Thumper stabbing Felix and then driving off. Where did this guy come from? I don't recall hearing about a second witness before this. I'm not saying it wasn't there, but the stories have been increasingly difficult to keep track of this season.

Nevertheless this was a strong episode. It just hit on so many things that I could not take my eyes off the screen. Gia got one of her rare appearances here, and she was fantastic. And then we got to see Woody as being less than honest about a video that showed up in his mail. Finally, what so many fans were hoping for, we got just a taste of a possible Veronica/Logan ruin. If nothing else, this episode will keep people hooked as the finale approaches.
  • Most shocking ending since the crash and Veronica better get with Logan before Woody shags him first

Talk about lining up all the right elements. This episode clicked and brought together all the best elements of VM. We haven't seen Ronnie this interested in a mystery in a long time and she was hilarious with Weevil at the beginning while waiting for curiosity to get the best of her. Damn her curiousity.

The A plot was explosive (that was lame, I know) but it wasn't the A plot that hooked me on this episode. It seems as if, leading up to the season finale, the season 2 characters are really coming into their own. The first half of this season had a lot of season one references and characters and this episode helped elevate the importance of season to characters - Woody, his daughter (how annoying is she), Beaver (I know he was in season 1), the Fitzpatricks, and Jackie.

So is Woody gay? Is Beaver gay? Chances are one or both have something hidden in the closet. I think it is clear that Woody knows more about the bus crash then he's admitted so far. And his secrets or whatever was on the DVD will factor into this as the season unfolds.

As for Beaver - what is going through this guy's mind? Is he ashamed of Mac and that is why he's not willing to go for the good stuff or is there something else going on? Possibily some abuse or tragic deformation in the happy regions that is preventing him from opening up to Mac. Or he could just be sexually confused and... I'm sure we'll find out soon enough.

Logan and Veronica's dance. That was done to perfection and those two fit so perfectly together. They'll probably get back together in time for Duncan's final appearance.

Overall, this episode did a lot to advance season-long plots and solidify Rob Thomas as a creative and dark genius. Thumber goes boom... that is pretty scary stuff.
  • Wevil and Veronica back on track...and the solution is absolutley awesome.

This episode was fantastic. It really had a lot of information about the big misteries this season.

Seeing Wevil and Veronica working again together was really great. I want to see more of that.

Logan is as good as always. I like the bad guy attitude.

Well, and Thumper had a really bad ending wow.
    Sorry but this time Logan is a killer without knowing it.

Stay away from explosives kids.
  • Hmm, I havn't been impressed with VM or shocked by it in so long!

So it's finally revealed that Thumper is infact felix killer. Weevil sets him up and as a result gets him killed, if only he put faith in Veronica then Thumper would of simpyl been convicted for Felix's murder. Men!

Ah and of course lets not forget, what the hell is going on with Cassidy? Shattered self-esteem from years of his brother and fathers putdowns or something even worse? God, we better find out.
  • Veroncia Mars is the best show in the world. This episode was in one word: awesome.

This episode is most definitely one of my favorites. I love Logan and Veronica [LoVe] andthat dance scene was just perfection. I really hope that they will get back together.

I don't understand what is going on with Cassidy (Beaver) and Mac. Did they break up? I hope not, because they are really cute together.

The ending, with Thumper was wack. Blowing him up? Creative but manic at the same time. I thought someone was going to save Thumper, once they found the bike. Alas, no. The beginning of the confession from Weevil was wonderful. I wish that they would have made a whole scene of that, but it was also good as it was. I can not wait for the next episode.
  • Decent episode last night

One of the most creative shows on televison keeps on making me guess. We know it definitely was Thumper that killed felix. Yet it isnt for sure that Thumper was killed in the stadium explosion. The biggest question to me that was revealed last night was what is wrong with beaver. I hope it isnt becuase he is gay, becuase that would be too easy. The other big thing was it looked like Logan and Veronica were getting close again. This is something i am rooting for becuase Logan is the best character on the show. I am throwing my weight behind Woody Goodman for the Bus Accident killer even though i don't why or how he did it. He just seems to be guilty.
  • we learn a lot in this episode, and are another confusing step closer to resolving the season's biggest mystery...

GREAT episode. We saw Weevil asking for Veronica's help to get Thumper for Felix's murder. Veronica taped a hidden confession, and even got the real witness to reveal the truth. In the end, with Weevil's assistance, Thumper is handcuffed to a urinal in a restroom of Old Shark Stadium... The same stadium that the city is demolishing, and that the lucky Logan gets to push the plunger for. We also get some fishy signs from Woody regarding Terrance and just an overall weirdness. Wallace wants Jackie back.. but she refuses. Beaver and Mac's relationship gets weird and perhaps abruptly ended... over all. a GREAT episode that kept me glueeeeeed to my chair. Best episode since the break.
  • This episode was great on so many levels.

Level 1: Veronica and Logan moments. The dance scene was amazing to watch.

Level 2: Veronica and Weevil. Its been awhile since these two have had any screen time together.

Level 3: Logan. Logan. Logan. (Yes I like the guy, can you tell?) Funniest moment was when he was sworn in and then went to fire the sherrif.

Level 4: Mac and Beaver. They were cute. Now they are sad. Sad Mac. Sad Beever. (On a side note, who would name they kids Dick and Beaver its just asking for trouble.)

Level 5: Favorite moment was Weevil confronting Molly. HE was the one who loved Feelix.

Level 6: The ending. I really can't say more then that. All the scenes melded into each other and with the music very well.

Level 7: The Wallace and Jackie thing did nothing for me except for making me hate Wallace and like Jackie.

And finally Level 8: What is the mayor up to. He is down right creepy in a (Hey does anyone remember the Mayor on BTVS. Kinda reminds me of him.) overly nice but something dark in him kinda a way.

• One word for this episode: "wow"...

Well, I was kinda expecting to see Thumper die, but certainly not in a dramatic way like this. Anyhow, this was an episode of many stories and I loved them all; I'm so sad for Mac! I don't know what's wrong with Beaver...uh Cassidy, but something's up (besides having a brother like Dick). The Jackie/Wallace subplot was ok, no special remarks about that. The LoVe dance-moment was fantastic (Personally, I'm more of TroNica or Veroy fan but whatever). The main storyline was great (I won't go into detail, too much to say about it), but the best, and I mean, thé best moment of the episode was when Weevil was talking (well, screaming technically) to Molly that he was the one who loved Felix. To see the soft-side of Weevil was very good. The ending of the episode was kinda creepish with the laughing-children voices. Anyhow, kudos to Rob Thomas and his team for creating, yet another, great Veronica Mars episode.