Veronica Mars

Postgame Mortem

Aired Tuesday 9:00 PM Feb 13, 2007 on UPN

• Brilliant episode after a lot of fluff...

Since this season thus far has been rather lacklustre I haven't been looking forward to VM episodes as much as I had previously. But just when I think Veronica Mars's writers have began to bury the show this episode occurs! I'm glad it did. Really really great.

I haven't wholeheardtedly enjoyed an episode of VM for a long time. Not that the whole of this season has been rubbish; it's just not been up to its usual high standards. Thankfully Postgame Mortem is funny, engaging, sweet (at times) and gets away from the LoVe drama (for the most part anyway). By the end of the episode the old Logan seems to be back!! I've been getting tired of emo!Logan so that's a very good thing.

Logans scenes with Heather were touching and made the episode IMO; Dick was funny as per usual. He seems to be acting a lot less like a jerk these days... hopefully his character will gradualy be fleshed out more in time to come. The Dean O'Dell arc is progressed a tad in this episode and I was pleasantly surprised to see that the MotW is going to run over into the next episode. More of this please!! Josh seemed cool, though I'm not sure I trust the dude - he looked like he was going to shove Ronnie off the cliff! lol. Anyway, all in all a great episode. Witty, emotional and it advanced the plot! 9/10